Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin Experience More Price Volatility in 2018? - page 7. (Read 944 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 10
I agree with the part of high volatility is the intrinsic value of Bitcoin, couldn't agree more. Bitcoin is used as an investment ride these days, people are using Bitcoin price volatility to gain profit or loss  Grin. As long as Bitcoin is volatile, more and more people are going to know Bitcoin.
In 2017, Bitcoin is developing better and more supporters of Bitcoin; I think that in 2018 Bitcoin will achieve the most milestone, Nowadays many people want to be rich quick so they choose Bitcoin as a currency so that investors can make success as soon as possible.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
www.daxico.com
If big events are going to happen before this year ends that may propel or trigger a bull run, then we will expect a huge rise of bitcoin's market capitalization that will push its market price more than what we have witnessed last year.
Activity: 273
I think not. Everyday it seems like we are getting closer to mass acceptance and less volatility.

But its 2018 and its clearly true that more volatility is happening, but what should we do its part of the crypto world and it is the nature of this currency that remains being volatile since the price continuously dump but I believe the pump is coming and I should work for more since its allegedly will raise up to 50000$.
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
Volatility is a big issue especially for new investors in my opinion. However, if you see the prices this year, the prices had not been that much volatile so far. That also means that the possible returns had decreased . Last year people used to make 100% returns in a month but this year they are failing to get even 20 %.

Volatility is the only reason bitcoins had been so much profitable for people especially short term traders.
Activity: 650
Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi
by David Drake

In 2017, Bitcoin recorded the most unprecedented gains, making it the most sought after cryptocurrency in the market. As a result, most people are buying Bitcoin for speculative purposes with the hope of cashing on price increases.

Having risen to a high of nearly $20,000 in mid December, Bitcoin experienced high volatility towards the end of 2017, raising the question of whether its price could plunge to below $10,000. But as HOQU's Co-Founder and CEO, Alex Shmonov notes, high volatility is nothing new to Bitcoin.

"The price of Bitcoin has always been very volatile even on fake news as many people buy this asset for the sake of speculation and profit. The reality is that the entire crypto market can flop by 90% and this will be normal. We saw this with Bitcoin before. But after some time and after the dust has settled, prices will return to new heights, because progress will go further and people will understand that the problems that caused the drop are resolved or almost solved," he says.

Even so, certain factors fuel the volatility of Bitcoin, and one such factor is government statements on cryptocurrency regulation. On Thursday 28th of December, 2017, Bitcoin prices plunged by the double digits following the announcement of fresh regulations in the world's third largest cryptocurrency market, South Korea. Going by the trend set by this southern peninsula, there’s no doubt that more price swings in the cryptocurrency market will follow.

"The volatility in the price action mirrors the uncertainty in world regulation. Each positive statement from a country or exchange sees a boost in the Bitcoin price, and each proposed clampdown produces a price drop. Changes in regulation is the key price driver for Bitcoin and that won’t change in 2018. I think price volatility will increase this year, this will not be a time for the faint hearted. Reduce your exposure to price volatility by diversifying a little of your portfolio - now," says Linda Leaney, CFO at Globcoin.

According to Marcus Vandea, CEO of Playfold, Bitcoin has a highly volatile nature. But even with its price swings, it’ll be hard for its value to drop below the $10,000 mark.

"High volatility will always be an intrinsic part of Bitcoin, with 30% shifts that always happened but are now more noticeable because of its high value. It’s difficult to believe that Bitcoin will plunge below $10000, as it is now more popular and desired than ever. But extreme value swings will keep happening and will keep discouraging the light hearted investors," he says.

Bitcoin braved the turbulence in 2017, increasing its value from $1000 in January to reach a high of $19,700 in early December, before closing the year at about $14,000.

Price votality of bitcoin is its nature because it is dependent on the demand and supply of the market,it can be very obvious when that 2017 bull run be replaced by the bearish market that was already happening from the start of 2018 until now.It become an issue to bitcoiners the things that was happening today where bitcoins value had dump to almost 65% from the price of 2017 up to this moment..but as we can see bitcoin had strongly stand tall and slowly gaining and recovering.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
2018 seems to be a big year for bitcoin. Maybe the first quarter of the year is little disappointing with hard regulations, but the bitcoin network hasn't gone down. What's been predicted to take place long back has begun to happen at present. Hope the growth will continue reaching new ath.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
As we have notice, market today seems to be more volatile than of before. Up and down trend is very often, and it hardly to predict where it goes exactly. We have been looking for another historical market records this year, even we are struggling a hard start but still a positive outlook could be possible to happen.
Activity: 126
Merit: 4
Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu
I don't see any other direction in 2018, but fluctuation is actually a good deal if you know how to invest properly.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Volatility is what makes bitcoins so admirable and the chance to profit from this volatility as an investor attracts so many others to invest their money and I think it will be more volatile in 2018
Activity: 228
Merit: 0
I have read many predictions of leading crypto experts in the world. They all think that this year is a strong year of fluctuations and there are many surprises in terms of value from bitcoin. That's quite true as bitcoin's fluctuations are getting more and more complicated. Of course, we need steadiness and patience to maintain our holdings choice to wait for the market to rebound and the value of growth may be another milestone.
Activity: 308
I agree that high volatility is the advantage of bitcoin. Many bitcoins are used as an investment because of its volatility, for profit on its growth and fall.
Activity: 139
Merit: 20
I dont have ay query or interest about btcs because i have no interest in gambling currency Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
It is not really a volatility but it is expansion of the bitcoins popularity that last time we experienced. For bitcoin to reach all new heights it has to be very smooth this time and I think 2018 is getting ready for the biggest pump that world has ever imagined. I mean one thing is clear that people are buying like crazy at this very moment as they get huge number of bitcoin floating around with very least prices. We saw many resistance for the bitcoin and it was true on all of them. Now its time for the bitcoin to leave this low level field and get on top of the ATH again by stepping out of this loop hole. And it will surely do that. The volatile nature is there but when it makes mega moves then its not the volatility but the natural driving force of investors I guess.
Activity: 575
Merit: 250
I believe that could happen. Because the bitcoin market is booming. There are many people who want to invest in to benefit from bitcoin. That will make bitcoin prices fluctuate continuously. I hope 2018 is the year of the bitcoin market.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
Its happening,in just 3 months we have seen two dips already,and more movements of ups and down,in this situation we can test the capacity of all coins,as they are facing big trouble because of bitcoin high dropping season..i wish this growth will give us better profit.for our funds had been stock up for how many months
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
I'd say that it is rather stable this year till now . The price is constantly floating between 7k-10k and around it or a bit above it . Its been 3 months and there has not been a very huge hike in the price or even a tolerable hike in the price . There was some volatility when bitcoin came under the radar of $6000 and everyone was stressing out about it . It is expected to see some hike in the later months this year.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
I really don't understand why people even think that it will stay stable it's.. not gonna ! At all ! For sure ... Bitcoins is too much volatile to predict it's gonna reach high and low and that's the norm ....one cannot control all the big whales .. from... Encashing or... Buying more ..there is nothing that can be done...
Thus we cannot... Control the money out and inflow and that way it is gonna Stay volatile.!
Now do this situation. But I think the situation may change in the future. As the popularity of bitcoins grows, we will see a large influx of users. Coins will be more evenly distributed across users ' wallets and whales will be harder to control a large number of coins. Volatility will always be but the amplitude of price fluctuations will decrease.
Activity: 644
Merit: 253
In the year 2017 now the bitcoin will be also volatile for this year as well it is good to have bitcoin in the present time and bitcoin experience more price volatility is expected in this year because many other currencies are also in the market and if the bad news arises in the market then bitcoin price is affected by this but the future is good i am investing now in the bitcoin.
This year although we have started at a rough quarter I still believe that bitcoin volatility will make the investors interested in it, for sure that bitcoin will increase in its demand as many companies were interested in having it as an alternative way of mode of payment just like Mdconalds, for sure some companies will follow then.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
I really don't understand why people even think that it will stay stable it's.. not gonna ! At all ! For sure ... Bitcoins is too much volatile to predict it's gonna reach high and low and that's the norm ....one cannot control all the big whales .. from... Encashing or... Buying more ..there is nothing that can be done...
Thus we cannot... Control the money out and inflow and that way it is gonna Stay volatile.!
Activity: 91
by David Drake

In 2017, Bitcoin recorded the most unprecedented gains, making it the most sought after cryptocurrency in the market. As a result, most people are buying Bitcoin for speculative purposes with the hope of cashing on price increases.

Having risen to a high of nearly $20,000 in mid December, Bitcoin experienced high volatility towards the end of 2017, raising the question of whether its price could plunge to below $10,000. But as HOQU's Co-Founder and CEO, Alex Shmonov notes, high volatility is nothing new to Bitcoin.

"The price of Bitcoin has always been very volatile even on fake news as many people buy this asset for the sake of speculation and profit. The reality is that the entire crypto market can flop by 90% and this will be normal. We saw this with Bitcoin before. But after some time and after the dust has settled, prices will return to new heights, because progress will go further and people will understand that the problems that caused the drop are resolved or almost solved," he says.

Even so, certain factors fuel the volatility of Bitcoin, and one such factor is government statements on cryptocurrency regulation. On Thursday 28th of December, 2017, Bitcoin prices plunged by the double digits following the announcement of fresh regulations in the world's third largest cryptocurrency market, South Korea. Going by the trend set by this southern peninsula, there’s no doubt that more price swings in the cryptocurrency market will follow.

"The volatility in the price action mirrors the uncertainty in world regulation. Each positive statement from a country or exchange sees a boost in the Bitcoin price, and each proposed clampdown produces a price drop. Changes in regulation is the key price driver for Bitcoin and that won’t change in 2018. I think price volatility will increase this year, this will not be a time for the faint hearted. Reduce your exposure to price volatility by diversifying a little of your portfolio - now," says Linda Leaney, CFO at Globcoin.

According to Marcus Vandea, CEO of Playfold, Bitcoin has a highly volatile nature. But even with its price swings, it’ll be hard for its value to drop below the $10,000 mark.

"High volatility will always be an intrinsic part of Bitcoin, with 30% shifts that always happened but are now more noticeable because of its high value. It’s difficult to believe that Bitcoin will plunge below $10000, as it is now more popular and desired than ever. But extreme value swings will keep happening and will keep discouraging the light hearted investors," he says.

Bitcoin braved the turbulence in 2017, increasing its value from $1000 in January to reach a high of $19,700 in early December, before closing the year at about $14,000.

Yes, it is possible that Bitcoin will experience more price volatility this 2018. Bitcoin price this 2018 is full of surprises, hopefully bitcoin will rise morethan we expected.
Pages:
Jump to: