Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin Replace Gold ? - page 2. (Read 552 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 23
April 15, 2018, 10:20:10 AM
Bitcoin can also be positioned as gold.
gold is a mined item and used as a medium of exchange.
Likewise, bitcoins are generated by mined and both have a limited amount to be mined.
Activity: 743
Merit: 250
April 15, 2018, 10:14:55 AM
Bitcoin is different than Gold, and no one can replace the other obviously. Gold is mainly a physical asset and considered among goods, while Bitcoin is a crypto currency and digital asset too. Both of them are very valuable and profitable, but gold is the oldest one and it is very trusted by people around the world more than Bitcoin right now.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
April 15, 2018, 10:10:56 AM
For this moment, i think gold is still not being replace so easily. Gold is limited edition and there is fix formula and rate for every gram it sell and it also has the committee to check and to help to fix the price. But for bitcoin, it is decentralize, thus it is hard to fix the rate and its rate also too fluctuate to monitor. So maybe in the future it will be the gold in crypto world but it will not able to replace gold.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
April 15, 2018, 12:35:50 AM
In your opinion, bitcoin will be better because it will produce more than it will produce when bitcoin will continue to rise in price on its journey. The rise and fall of bitcoin market price but if invested in long-term bitcoin will be much better that I think.
thank you
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
April 15, 2018, 12:26:33 AM
Bitcoin is virtual like credit card and online banking network that we use every day. Bitcoin can be used for online and in-store payments as well as conventional money. Bitcoin technology - protocol and cryptography - has a strong record of security records, and the Bitcoin network is probably the largest distributed tally project in the world. Bitcoin's most common disadvantage lies in its user error. Bitcoin wallet data that holds private keys can be erased accidentally, lost, or stolen. This is similar to physical cash stored in digital form. Fortunately, users can apply security measures to protect their money or use the services of providers that offer high level security and insurance against theft or loss.

Gold is a trusted precious metal that can retain its value and be used in transactions. In addition, gold has a unique and rare because gold is made from the process of magmatic or concentration on the surface of the earth. Gold is a metal that is soft, corrosion resistant and easily exposed so that in its development gold can be formed into jewelry. Gold is known before Christ and is used as a tool to transact. Currently, gold becomes one of the largest investments or foreign exchange earners for the country

Both of these will make a good investment vehicle. live we can consider and have the courage to ber
Activity: 179
Merit: 1
April 15, 2018, 12:05:16 AM
Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter

Yes in terms of value may be bitcoin is better than Gold but in terms of stability in the market i think gold is better because even war or any financial crisis in the market can't stop gold popularity.
Activity: 56
April 14, 2018, 11:53:58 PM
Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter

No, bitcoin is crypto currency and gold is a natural resources. So, I think two difference thing.
Activity: 218
April 14, 2018, 11:44:43 PM
I think no, bitcoun cannot replace bitcoin even if bitcoin has a high value of money. gold is hard to find becauaw you need to dig mountain to find one. Gold is more expensive than bitcoin, you can earn money in bitcoin but not as much as a gold. Bitcoin cannot replace gold.
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
April 14, 2018, 05:38:51 PM
Where will the bitcoin, if suddenly the electricity is turned off?) Have I answered your question?) Grin
Activity: 481
Merit: 256
April 14, 2018, 04:07:22 PM
Bitcoin and gold are completely two different things. Gold is a metal which is given to us by nature and Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency created by a man. So the question of one replacing the other does not arise. Gold is used a long term investment since a long time whereas Bitcoin is also used in place of fiat money. The amount of money invested in gold is in trillions and Bitcoin is not even close to that. Bitcoin can never have that wide acceptability.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
April 14, 2018, 02:47:48 PM
BTC will never replace gold, but BTC may become digital gold, stored in the form of gold on the Internet.

I think both are trustable and had a huge worth for all times so i think bitcoin had an more than one step ahead of gold because the value is more higher than gold in short time so bitcoin has more value than gold in future.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
April 14, 2018, 02:46:18 PM

It is as easy as this, when people need a thing, like a thing, or are amused by a thing, that thing will be important. Hence, it will have value. But as to how much value it will have will depend entirely on how people are driven into it or how much they need or want that specific thing. This is the case with gold and bitcoins. But really, I would prefer to have both if I could than to even chose between the two which is completely dumb. But that's just my opinion though.
Bitcoin has already replaced gold.Gold has become outfashioned and people are involved more in bitcoin due to its high profit margin.Bitcoin is the topmost cryptocurrency and its price is also very high even though there is a fall in price.Bitcoin's price is very volatile and this is the main factor why it is preferred over gold.Gold is very stable so the profit rate is very littile or nil.People having bitcoins hold them for future price rise.Bitcoin has also captured the market.
Activity: 882
Merit: 403
April 14, 2018, 02:40:40 PM

It is as easy as this, when people need a thing, like a thing, or are amused by a thing, that thing will be important. Hence, it will have value. But as to how much value it will have will depend entirely on how people are driven into it or how much they need or want that specific thing. This is the case with gold and bitcoins. But really, I would prefer to have both if I could than to even chose between the two which is completely dumb. But that's just my opinion though.
Activity: 172
April 14, 2018, 02:06:44 PM
indeed gold from the past is the most popular and very famous even to this day there are still many people who use gold to invest, but, I think of course we are following with the progress of the times and technological advances and bitcoin is one tool to invest and my opinion about a very nice bitcoin so I think if bitcoin is getting a lot in getting by investors to invest I think people will switch to bitcoin and I think that bitcoin will properly replace gold some time later Wink
Activity: 299
Merit: 15
April 14, 2018, 01:54:02 PM
BTC will never replace gold, but BTC may become digital gold, stored in the form of gold on the Internet.

Activity: 210
April 14, 2018, 01:48:16 PM
I am sure that Bitcoin can't replace gold. It is very simply. People believed in gold for centuries and that it worths something, but Bitcoin has no such trust. In future BTC and gold can become competitors and both assets will have large support from investors. But in the nearer 10-20 years I don't believe that in will become reality.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
April 14, 2018, 01:05:31 PM
An old long discussion which is going on since ages and what we all have to asnwer is that they both are absolutely different and the very same answer is true today. Gold until now is just seen as asset and nothing like that once it was considered as currency but its own problems led to replacement of gold. We got asset backed money after we replaced gold. However, we later came on with fiat which was nothing but just accumulation of debt. For which we bought in crypto something as real money like gold but also easily transferable as fiat. So obviously bitcoin has already replaced gold as currency but as a form of asset its still dubious.
Activity: 139
April 13, 2018, 07:11:30 AM
I think bitcoin should not replace gold. Bitcoin is a digital virtual currency. Bitcoin has its advantages and disadvantages. Among the shortcomings can be noted its volatility, bitcoin is too variable for the needs of the user. Gold has existed for many decades - it is not only an investment object, but also a valuable material, from which expensive jewelry is made. In this way, gold and bitcoin have their functions and their mission.
Activity: 201
April 13, 2018, 07:10:17 AM
No, Gold and Bitcoin can both be made investment, even I think Bitcoin investment is better and bigger chance to succeed in Gold Investment appeal. However, Bitcoin can not replace Gold. because Gold can be used sebagia jewelry tool, while Bitcoin Digital goods only. And for some people, there are still many who do not believe in Bitcoin.
Activity: 912
April 13, 2018, 07:03:06 AM
I think that bitcoin will replace gold. This is just the beginning.
I think that bitcoin is more attractive than gold, because the crypto currency, extracted with the help of a lot of computers performing complex calculations, is more mobile than gold and easier to divide.
Pages:
Jump to: