Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin Replace Gold ? - page 5. (Read 552 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 250
April 08, 2018, 10:23:37 PM
Bitcoin is a non-government currency.

Yeah so how come if what you say is true that the falling price of Bitcoin is blamed on governments and banks
and not a fucking word is said here about the mining fees crashing the price when they peaked at $55.

The charts back up what I am saying and how come the lightning network is nothing more than a system of
banking hubs.

Come on, stop being a parrot and repeating just what you are told to repeat because it won't save your pocket.

There's no way that bitcoin can replace gold in any aspects. Maybe one day it will compete with gold but it's hard to fathom how can bitcoin will replace it. Gold is way far different from bitcoin evenand if they're both beneficial to us. Usage of gold is still better than of bitcoin so no for it.
Activity: 424
April 08, 2018, 10:17:10 PM
Gold is a natural resource and bitcoin is a crypto currency. Per my thoughts, bitcoin cannot replace gold
thus bitcoin and gold have their respective advantages. so we have to make the best use of it to be more useful and profitable. interesting what if we invest in bitcoin and gold, because bitcoin and gold have a high value.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
April 08, 2018, 10:14:42 PM
Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter

in my opinion bitcoin is very potential to replace gold because bitcoin more clearly only has a total supply of 21 million pieces of bitcoin while gold is still very much and you try to imagine how long gold exchange has been going on while the new bitcoin briefly already can almost equal the circulation of dollars earned from trading bitcoin .
Activity: 294
Merit: 0
April 08, 2018, 10:11:01 PM
Gold and Bitcoin are completely two different things. One is fully physical and other is virtual. But if you mean in case of value, my opinion is Yes. People will rely on bitcoin more than gold.
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
April 08, 2018, 09:43:27 PM
I don't think that Bitcoin would ever replace gold, for a number of reasons. Bitcoin is a form of currency, whereas gold has many other applications, the one of the most important is jewelry. Gold doesn't require electricity to trade, on the other hand, you need electricity (computer and internet) to trade bitcoin. Gold is one of the most liquid assets, traded daily in well-established exchanges all around the globe. With gold with you, anywhere you travel in the world, you can convert it into cash.  Every day, some $18 billion, worth of physical gold are traded in London alone.
Activity: 224
April 08, 2018, 09:20:59 PM
Individuals believe that the current gold reserves are largely a historical legacy and have nothing to do with currencies, and currencies no longer need gold to support them.

Bitcoin is a new type of cryptocurrency, and many people now invest in bitcoins.
Activity: 266
Merit: 32
April 08, 2018, 09:10:28 PM
I still believe bitcoin cannot replace gold because is very expensive and the market value is always increasing unlike the bitcoin that the price is changeable depending on the investors.

Go back to school
Activity: 210
April 08, 2018, 08:01:44 PM
Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter

I still believe bitcoin cannot replace gold because is very expensive and the market value is always increasing
unlike the bitcoin that the price is changeable depending on the investors.
Activity: 49
April 08, 2018, 07:59:44 PM
Gold is a natural resource and bitcoin is a crypto currency. Per my thoughts, bitcoin cannot replace gold
yeah i agree with it bitcoin can never replace gold , no one can replace God works. Virtual money and gold is not the same.so gold and bitcoin don't have affect with each other.
Activity: 686
April 08, 2018, 07:58:24 PM
For me gold and Bitcoin are the same thing because it can be an investment. But for now I think that Bitcoin is much more worth it because it has a high fluctuation rate so that we can get a fairly large profit margin so it is suitable to be a long-term investment and short-term investment. While gold is much more suitable for long-term investment because the price is quite stable, but still the gold price increase is not too high. Yes gold more offers us to a security in making investments.
Merit: 26
High fees = low BTC price
April 08, 2018, 07:54:34 PM
Bitcoin is a non-government currency.

Yeah so how come if what you say is true that the falling price of Bitcoin is blamed on governments and banks
and not a fucking word is said here about the mining fees crashing the price when they peaked at $55.

The charts back up what I am saying and how come the lightning network is nothing more than a system of
banking hubs.

Come on, stop being a parrot and repeating just what you are told to repeat because it won't save your pocket.
Activity: 31
April 08, 2018, 07:53:12 PM
may be in the future. The main problem is that many countries slow down the process. when all countries begin to support it openly and then we can see.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
April 08, 2018, 07:48:57 PM
in my opinion NO, bitcoin can't replace the gold, the gold have a physic bitcoin not, the price of gold is stable than bitcoin, this is the main advantages of gold than bitcoin, we all know that old people like to invest in gold because the gold is real and you should kept it by yourself, in bitcoin you need the 3rd party to make sure that your bitcoin is safe, like web wallet, hardware wallet, and the other. so maybe have a little risk because of this
Activity: 266
Merit: 32
April 08, 2018, 07:36:42 PM
Gold has been used as money for thousands of years, so it is unlikely to be replaced any time soon. People who think gold will suddenly lose value are deluding themselves. Bitcoin will perhaps complement gold as a digital version of it.

China’s gold imports have surged over 700 percent since 2010 and the country remained the world's biggest consumer of the precious metal last year, according to the latest data from Hong Kong. In 2015 the country imported almost 1,000 tons of gold, compared to about 100 tons five years ago. China was followed by India which imported 849 tons of gold in 2015.Last year China’s demand for gold coins surged 25 percent in the fourth quarter from a year earlier. The rush followed Beijing’s devaluation of the yuan as consumers sought to protect their wealth.China’s central bank has also accelerated gold purchases to diversify the country's reserves away from the US dollar.However, Beijing doesn’t explain the jump in gold demand, claiming the country’s gold reserves have grown only a little in recent years.

China has a lot more gold than they declare," John LaForge, head of Wells Fargo's commodities team told CNN.For the last six years Beijing has stayed secretive about its gold reserves. Last year the government finally revealed a nearly 60 percent growth in reserves since 2009. The country became the fifth largest holder of gold in the world, following the US, Germany, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Italy and France.

https://www.rt.com/business
Activity: 223
Merit: 11
April 08, 2018, 07:35:08 PM
The World Gold Council put the total value of all gold ever mined at $7.8 trillion while Bitcoin market total at about $120 billion.

At $1350/ounce, there is some $30,000,000,000,000 invested in Gold worldwide.
Please do some more research. Because I can show you many sources that corroborate what I'm saying. Including wikipedia itself.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
April 08, 2018, 07:21:23 PM
Gold has been used as money for thousands of years, so it is unlikely to be replaced any time soon. People who think gold will suddenly lose value are deluding themselves. Bitcoin will perhaps complement gold as a digital version of it.
Activity: 94
April 08, 2018, 07:19:18 PM
Bitcoin is worth more than gold, but it can never be a national currency. Because bitcoin itself is not a stable currency, it is not controlled by politics, it is not an element of official currency, it is destined to be a folk currency.
Activity: 109
April 08, 2018, 07:14:48 PM
Bitcoin is a non-government currency. Its purpose is to become a medium of exchange, and ultimately let people use the medium of exchange to measure the value of the object.

Bitcoin certainly wouldn't want to replace gold, and if it replaced gold that day, it would lose its meaning.
Activity: 98
April 08, 2018, 06:50:30 PM
I think portability is the greatest gold asset. You can move a lot of wealth with a relatively small amount of gold. And gold is easy to keep, and relatively easy to hide.
Bitcoin has the same features as gold. it is not even necessary to smuggle gold to avoid government detection. The ability to move digital money opens new avenues for criminals or people who are afraid of government detection to be able to transfer money seamlessly.
Merit: 26
High fees = low BTC price
April 08, 2018, 06:49:00 PM
My great, great Granddad asked the same question about Tulips and got his answer about taking over from gold.

Virtual money and paper gold just somehow don't quite feel the same to me and the OP is talking out of his
bottom me thinks given how few people now trust Bitcoin after the miners put fees up to $55 per transaction.

Dream on boy!
Pages:
Jump to: