Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin stay relatively stable and become a stablecoin? - page 4. (Read 797 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
Just a thought when looking at the candle chart. I believe it would be possible when total funds are huge enough.

don't confuse this short term trend of bitcoin for the long term of what is happening. right NOW we are in a stable phase but this is not going to last. the over all trend of bitcoin is a rather speedy rise upwards. what you see here is the short term fluctuations. we have had the high volatility, the bubble and the panic sell and now we have the stability and accumulation.

as for the title question, yes bitcoin will become a lot more stable some day in the future. but we are so far away from that day because there is still a lot of rise remaining. and a lot of way to go before bitcoin is matured.
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
With the lack of price movement it may as well be a stablecoin, but it won't last for long. People will be dropping tether soon when the bull run begins
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
Just a thought when looking at the candle chart. I believe it would be possible when total funds are huge enough.
But bitcoin as stable coin will make market volume not big and people will get bored. I think i will stay with bitcoin's volatile because it is which make market feel alive. Maybe other people also agree with this.
Activity: 535
Merit: 250
bitcoin will not be able to become a stable coin because bitcoin has a very limited total supply of coins and has very high demand so that many who try to find and want to have bitcoin which is the influence of bitcoin will never be stable.
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
This is still the price of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies seems stable. It is unlikely that this will continue for a long time. Especially now, in the last months of the year. I think the market will be moving soon. Cryptocurrency by its nature can not long stand still. Therefore, I would like to believe that this will be the rise of the market.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
bitcoin will eventually become stable but it will never be a stable coin. stable coin has a different meaning and is called to coins such as Tether that are tied to another currency and are supposed to be worth the same as them for instance 1 Tether is supposed to be worth 1 USD. and that will never happen with bitcoin. but its price will be stable eventually and that takes years because first we need to reach mass adoption and with it price will continue going up.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1885
Metawin.com
It can become stable for a short amount of time but they can't be considered as stablecoins that's not going to work with Bitcoin since the price depends on the demand. Bitcoin will never be a stablecoin unless someone is willing to buy all 21 million at a fixed price.

In the future, once there's enough money in the crypto market Bitcoin can be less volatile because it won't be easy to clear multiple big orders from thousands of exchanges.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
www.coinxes.io
I think for now the price of bitcoin is stable on the exchange market due to the recent decline in large volumes of trade. But in my opinion bitcoin prices will never be stable at any time, we only need to wait for time to see the increase in bitcoin for the coming year. Karen everyone will see bitcoin in the future at a high price.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
It will not. Stablecoins are created to hedge against the volatility of bitcoin and other crypto, so it would be quite ironic if bitcoin itself becomes a stablecoin. Besides, there are a lot of traders still willing to trade bitcoin and its volume remains significant. The recent dormancy in price IMO is not a sign that it's going to be a stablecoin, just not enough incentive for the people to make a push. Also, $150+ dollars have already been chipped in bitcoin's price in just 2 days. That doesn't seem to be stable, too.
Activity: 353
Merit: 101
It does seem to have remained rather stable over the last month to my surprise. Maybe now that it has been around for a bit longer it is actually going to become a hell of a lot less volatile.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
i dont think its gonna happen soon, because many will get interested on it and putting money on it and at the same time heres the whalrs shorting it, so we can always see volatility of it, until sellers get exausted and everybody os buying ot and the price is too high to manipulate thats the time it will start to be atable
Activity: 546
Merit: 102
the answer is no
bitcoin is not stablecoin
stablecoin backed to fiat currencies
and bitcoin from the beginning was not pegged to fiat currencies
learn more here about stablecoin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stablecoin
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
I dont think a decentralised currency could become stable, because of the repeated supply and demand the price will keep up and down, but with a mass adoption and when the supply and demand become balance maybe it could be more stable, but still it won't be as stable as fiat
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148
Well, eventually Bitcoin will become much less volatile, because there will be no good reason to speculate anymore. Right now the volatility comes from the potential risks and rewards - but in the future it will become clear who was right. But it will always be more volatile than fiat currencies, because fiat prices are controlled by central banks. Maybe in the far future Bitcoin markets will resemble gold markets - relatively stable on day-to-day basis, but with some movement on a scale of years.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
bitcoin has always changed , the can not be a stable coin, their fluctuation like a cycle , they go up and down. Although they have unchanged for a long time but It won't last for a long time
Activity: 546
Merit: 17
I think that depends on the market cycle, now bitcoin is stable at 6K. and bitcoin is never more than 7K or less than 6K.

but, you have to know, that bitcoin will not become stable coin, unless bitcoin already has regulations and supplies depleted.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'

This "stablecoin" hype is getting a little out of hand! Tongue

I wouldn't put much stock into the current lack of volatility. It's just a temporary pause in market activity. I don't think Bitcoin could find real "stability" until after mass adoption has already occurred. Until then, the market will continue to speculate about future adoption (causing major volatility) and will probably keep going through these bubble periods like 2011, 2013 and 2017.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
yes, bitcoin volatility can create a chart of stable, but bitcoin will never be a stable coin. volatility makes many people interested in bitcoin, so they invest and trade in every crypto market.

but sometimes bitcoin volatility also makes people panic and scared.
Activity: 324
Merit: 15
Hello,

I think this stability period is temporary. Btc will rise up again in the coming months but also more smoothly than what happened. A stable coin no, a less volatile one yes.
Activity: 994
Merit: 11
Daxetoken.net
  No! Bitcoin is volatile and the current bitcoins value is just temporarry stable. Because it will rise soon.
Pages:
Jump to: