Pages:
Author

Topic: Will cryptocurrency soon be an alternate payment option? - page 12. (Read 7127 times)

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101
of course, this is the purpose of the cryptocurrency that is created that is to be a solution and another alternative for humans to payment and to trade.  now it has not had a major impact on society but in the next few years cryptocurrencies will surely have a major impact on the lives of humanity.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
Actually, cryptocurrency is already an alternate payment here.

In my country, we have our own local wallet and we can use it to pay our bills and buy cellular loads. People get used to it easily and develop their own platform to make our lives easy. Our local wallet has the ability to transfer cryptocurrency in banks.  Wink

If you want to know about our local wallet, It's coins.ph.
Activity: 673
Merit: 10

I think yes crypto will develop into a large and affordable technology in all countries later. so this is a new step to recognize the world of digital money and this has been used in my country with this digital wallet to be able to make any transactions for food bill payments and other alternative tourism and travel tickets
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Bitcoin is already alternate payment option in some parts of the world, like Africa, or Nepal, for example.
I have some friends there and when I tried to send them some money, they explained me that they can't open Paypal accunt, WU and Bank transfer fees was to high so finally I sent them money with bitcoin.
In the future, I expect that many more people will accept bitcoin as the best way to send or receive money because it's fast, secure, low fees and transactions are anonymous.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
Yes, I think crypto currency will be an alternative way of payment, because the old payment system that uses cash is considered very old and less practical and efficient. Crypto currency is considered as an alternative method of payment that is far more modern, practical and efficient, now you no longer need to carry your wallet and cash now, you just need to bring a smartphone that is connected to the network to make practical transactions without cash.
Activity: 630
Merit: 20

For BTC I guess more companies are going accept it but for most altcoins, it will take a lifetime before they will consider accepting.

But there are still few companies who are already open for some coins as a payments like Ethereum, bch and others. There is a bar here in our area where they are already accepting not only bitcoin as a payment but to the other coins, too. Punta Mandala Resto bar is the name. You can see it here. https://bitpinas.com/shop/punta-mandala-mandaluyong-accepts-btc/

I am very positive that it could be an alternative payments. It is starting now, just in a selected businesses for now but later on it could be adopted by all.
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
Remember the guy that spent like 100 bitcoin on a pizza? Do you really want to end up like him?

hodl
RBF
Activity: 212
Merit: 114
I think cryptocurrency already is a payment method. As you mentioned those giants name, therefore I know many coins which are using as a payment method locally. People are loving this great payment method, as Libra coin comes, So, cryptocurrency will be used as another major payment method over the world.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
It's not soon that cryptocurrency can become an alternate payment option because currently, there are big companies that accepts it as a payment. And I think it is a good thing since we want adoption to happen and may crypto dominate fiat currency.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Some alts are being used right now as a payment option. One example is Electroneum (ETN). Merchants in some parts of the world already applied their technology.
Activity: 206
Merit: 2
I am not sure where you are sitting, but it has already become alternative for many and there shouldn’t be any surprise with it. Now one can use Cryptos on many places. One can use it easily as many sites got Buy With Crypto facility, it really eases out everything for many having Cryptos. But of course, with that we also need to be careful to do with many sites having it but are not trustworthy, so this is what we need to plan wisely and carefully.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
I believe it is already an alternate payment option.  My country the Philippines already acknowledge Bitcoin as a payment method way back 2017.  I myself had been using it to pay for my utility bills and other stuffs using Coins.ph. 

Its gonna take a while for cryptocurrency to be considered as an alternate payment option for all kind of transactions whether online or offline. Considering the entire population of the world, just a hand full of people know what cryptocurrency is and those who are aware of it see it as an investment venture rather than an alternate payment option.  Due to this, its gonna take a long period of time for people to use cryptocurrency as their payment option.

Probably for some country but many country in Southeast Asia already acknowledge Bitcoin as mode of payment.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
Its gonna take a while for cryptocurrency to be considered as an alternate payment option for all kind of transactions whether online or offline. Considering the entire population of the world, just a hand full of people know what cryptocurrency is and those who are aware of it see it as an investment venture rather than an alternate payment option.  Due to this, its gonna take a long period of time for people to use cryptocurrency as their payment option.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I think cryptocurrency will be an alternate payment option but not very soon.
If you will analyze the happenings today, crypto's are already being used as a payment.

yes you are right, in some countries crypto can already be used for payment. however, the volume of use is still low, because many people prefer to use mainstream payments. for now it might not be big enough, but in a few years I'm sure this will be good.
The volume is low because people are still skeptic about it to use as payment.

I'm very optimistic that in the future, there will be more bitcoin transactions that will be accepted. That banner of 'bitcoin accepted here' will be everywhere.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
I do think that it might be a problem for us investors , if we choose to buy things using cryptocurrencies then more or less we are loosing money .
It might be a good option for things involving , some off seas transactions which if done in fiat is something that gets problematic and then there are all these government things you need to clear too.
Therefore other than that I don't think I would like to just go and buy coffee and other things with Bitcoin as long as am not getting a very good deal , because more or so , even when it comes to lightning network it does take some fee , even if it's minor , if we keep using it daily it might actually account to something big.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 546
Monday Hit Me Every week
It seems that the cryptocurrency payment option is still not the main point that needs to consider everything in their operations, even though there are now a number of companies and shops that have started accepting cryptocurrency payments. However, obscure laws make it a matter of concern.
Activity: 686
Merit: 35
It could be in the near future because already there are some online stores and merchants that already provide this option to pay with crypto instead of using fiat, the adoption could grow even more as time passes, most certainly crypto will soon be an alternative option for many.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
Yes I do own some crypto, and it is already an alternate payment option at many places. You can pay server costs, buy giftcards, pay bills, etc using it.
I'm also experiencing a good service like this, its already working well though not at all but i see great future. Cryptocurrency will be use online for many purposes, with so many options in the future I see bitcoin to still lead cryptocurrency on many businesses. I just can't take the fees on our local wallet every time you use your bitcoin or any coins to transact, its pretty huge honestly especially if the price of bitcoin are rising.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
It is already a great alternate payment option for now. One of the main reasons why it does not move forward in strides is that cryptocurrencies are being traded. Their value are moving up and down the charts all the time. It could suddenly leap high or dive deep down in so short a time. It could mean a lot of confusion to businesses. There needs to be a certain level of stability of these currencies' prices in order for them to be better payment alternatives.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
i own a couple of cryptocurrencies actually but i don't think it's going to be an accepted mode of payment anytime soon. This would take quite sometime to be realized. Many people think cryptocurrencies are scams and this is really disrupting the trust that users must have in it.
Most people actually understand the potential crypto has. What you are hearing is a cliche concept of someone who does not know something and thus they go around calling it scam. What maybe a scam is a ponzi scheme or a failed trading method which that person probably was fooled into thinking would double their money. That is nothing to do with crypto being a scam.

What is good is that big industries and companies are starting to recognize crypto as a force to be reckoned with so this will push the governments to accepting crypto as a trade-able asset and thus reduce the mental barrier that people have while thinking of trading then in fiat.
Pages:
Jump to: