Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Merits get wasted if the account is banned? - page 2. (Read 548 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
However, the earned merits cannot be transferred in any case.

Good to know if this is true,  because they might just sell their merits since their accounts are not already usable in the forum.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 578
No God or Kings, only BITCOIN.
Surely it was wasted and by the way, moderators will not ban users without any reason, if it's permabanned that means he did plagiarized a content. AFAIK the reason for the ban is indicated on the account of the user and there is an email there to appeal for the ban.

Don't make some doubt over it, if the ban is deserved for him that's it, he can appeal though but he/she present that himself/herself is an asset to the forum. Ban members can't transfer it, why ask about it? Do you need those sMerits? Earn those in your own way.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
Recently, one of my friends' bitcoin talk account got banned without any reason. He had earned 3 merits for his posts. He felt very bad about that. I felt that if any account is banned, atleast some message should be displayed with proper reason for the Ban or a warning before a Ban. This will help them to know how they can improve on that.

Awww my kiddo, 3 merits Huh Ummaaahh!!!!
The oldest and most reasonable cause for getting banhammered these days is plagiarism. Tell me one thing, even if he gets to:

1. Transfer his merits to someone else

Then he would probably misuse them by making a new account and sending all to themselves or to you, maybe?

2. Find and merit good posts

Oh no! But I am banged banned, why would I take the pain of doing that? Get lost you all, I am done (that banned guy's responses).
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
I have not seen that banned accounts can send their sMerits out to others or not? Banned accounts can be used in view-mode only, and can not post anything, but to send sMerits, how about that? Just curious that banned accounts can be able to see Merit button or not, if they can see it, they can send their sMerits. If they can see Merit button, but can not send their sMerits, it is a bug of forum, and should be fixed by disbable merit button with banned accounts (permanently banned ones). For accounts that don't receive a single merit, they don't see Merit button.  Lips sealed
Activity: 518
Merit: 28
Unfortunately its a yes, it will be another kind of spamming if banned accounts have the access to send out merits,just think about what will happen
Activity: 574
Merit: 24
Can he transfer to others?

If we were able to transfer merits after a ban, where would your "friend" transfer his old merits?  :thinking: Huh
Yea its better to lock down merits on banned accounts forever,once blocked its gone
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
If I am not mistaken, your friend can still log in to his or her account even after being banned. Why not tell him or her to try to send 1 merit to you? In that way, we will also know who your friend is and find out the real reason for the ban.
Banned accounts can't merit anymore, when merit system was introduced, it was possible to send merit from a banned account, but later, theymos fixed this bug. Otherwise, many more spambies could make higher rank accounts.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
If I am not mistaken, your friend can still log in to his or her account even after being banned. Why not tell him or her to try to send 1 merit to you? In that way, we will also know who your friend is and find out the real reason for the ban.
Activity: 994
Merit: 593
aka JAGEND.

To op.
Mind to share with us your friend account names? Perhaps we can check it together.

And what kind of banned notification your friend have? Is it permanent ban or perm-band?

Your "friend" probably plagiarized content, which is the main reason for ban. If that is the case, it is over for him. If not, he can try to open a thread on meta and ask moderators to review his case.

Agree. Ask your friend (refers to OP) to create clarification thread in meta.

Activity: 218
Merit: 105
The Nomad
Can he transfer to others?

If we were able to transfer merits after a ban, where would your "friend" transfer his old merits?  :thinking: Huh
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
Merited are wasted by merit sources every day because they do not find good posts to merit..

Your "friend" probably plagiarized content, which is the main reason for ban. If that is the case, it is over for him. If not, he can try to open a thread on meta and ask moderators to review his case.

Activity: 80
Merit: 39
Recently, one of my friends' bitcoin talk account got banned without any reason. He had earned 3 merits for his posts. He felt very bad about that. I felt that if any account is banned, atleast some message should be displayed with proper reason for the Ban or a warning before a Ban. This will help them to know how they can improve on that.

Also, I have one doubt, all the merits he earned is it lost? Can he transfer to others?
Pages:
Jump to: