Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Ripple (XRP) usurp Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 501 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 10
December 30, 2017, 12:09:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRvM1JwLhwc

i believe it will. people thought ripple will never reach a dollar because supply is too high. well, it's over $2 now Cheesy
Activity: 342
Merit: 4
LUCRETOKEN.COM
December 29, 2017, 11:59:51 PM
I hope the ripple continues to rise again and be more than the current price. because it's been number two at bittrex and hopefully can shift and be number one.
Activity: 294
Merit: 36
December 29, 2017, 11:47:16 PM
People have been talking. Word is getting out. Ripple, which has been around longer than even Bitcoin, is on the rise. If it reaches past $6.29 it will surpass Bitcoin on coin market cap.

Bitcoin was suppose to be fast and cheap, instead it is expensive and slow. The developers plan on releasing LN, but they are moving too slow and BTC may end up getting replaced. By the time LN gets realeased, people will be like "Oh that's cool. Too bad all these alt coins are already more popular now."

Bitcoin's marketcap dominance has dropped to a whopping low of 40%. Everyday it loses more and more of the total market cap.

People are losing faith in Bitcoin left and right. The Bitcoin religion as we know it is crumbling and the alt coins are taking hold.

Crap coins all over are being pumped like crazy. Cryptocurrency is in a massive bubble. Let's finally acknowledge it.

Ripple is going up, because some big corporations in the news were "implementing the technology" or whatever. Will Ripple surpass Bitcoin in this massive bubble war?

I think many have claimed over the years to actually have the capacity to usurp and trample on bitcoin. However, no one has proven such claim as well. I think right now, the parity in price are keeping every other coin at bay in terms of gaining a massive pump in value and an increased usage rate. For now, many people still believe and rely heavily on bitcoin that no other coin in the market catches fire to at least show any surge in price like bitcoin did in the last few months. Some coins may increase little by little at a steady pace, but it would take them some time to reach the potential bitcoin has shown.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
December 29, 2017, 10:18:25 PM
XRP is being pumped on Bithumb by newbies mainly  Cheesy

It is shilled here by newbies as well

Soon it will blow up in people's faces like a cheap firecracker and the money will flow back into good coins

Money flow:

Newbies -> Smart XRP whales -> real cryptocoins

XRP has no use and no value for a normal person, even the banks that use Ripple network don't need it, or only very little...
Activity: 574
Merit: 259
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
December 29, 2017, 10:05:15 PM
People want to buy ripple because they think it will get add on coinbase but I think when it gets add on coinbase next year the price will dump really hard. Most of the volume right now are from korea and they really like to gamble over there
Activity: 462
Merit: 263
The devil is in the detail.
December 29, 2017, 10:00:38 PM
Xrp will be big i agree but for surpass bitcoin i still doubt it. Bitcoin is the first crypto and always be number one. Its like gold in real life and ripple is like dollar or euro. So bitcoin will not use in daily bassis but ripple will be usefull all over the world. Amex already work with amex and it is very good for them.

No one uses ripple for anything but speculation. Most of the volume is coming from Korea and Asia in general. Its just gambling to them.
Activity: 560
Merit: 217
December 29, 2017, 09:54:24 PM
Xrp will be big i agree but for surpass bitcoin i still doubt it. Bitcoin is the first crypto and always be number one. Its like gold in real life and ripple is like dollar or euro. So bitcoin will not use in daily bassis but ripple will be usefull all over the world. Amex already work with amex and it is very good for them.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
December 29, 2017, 08:48:47 PM
XRP will surpass BTC in 2018, humans need simple, fast, cheap way to send money with strong base. Not forking shit with mess around it.

I agree. I think Ripple will surpass Bitcoin in 2018, maybe early 2018.
People are selling their Bitcoins and buying XRP, which is why XRP is going up and Bitcoin going down or staying the same
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
I love crypto
December 29, 2017, 08:46:32 PM
Youre kidding right? If it ever comes to that Im more than ready trade all my ripple for your bitcoins. Come get some..
Activity: 125
December 29, 2017, 08:38:10 PM
The fundamentals of how Ripple work do not support a heavy TA approach. See for example this piece here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2017/12/21/asians-going-mad-for-ripple-coin/#200119906422

Clearly, there is a lot of speculation going on in the market regarding Ripple. Speculation that could end disastrously for some that have no idea what the fundamentals of the market look like.

Ripple is meant as a transactional coin and it is controlled by a corporate entity that can adjust the functionality and supply distribution strategy if deemed necessary.
https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-to-place-55-billion-xrp-in-escrow-to-ensure-certainty-into-total-xrp-supply/

It was never meant as a store of value. A good store of value should not fluctuate by 60% in a short period of time. With volatility like that and a very significant supply disadvantage over other cryptos Ripple was never designed for "hodling" or speculation. This idea that people are "investing" in Ripple based on an expectation that Ripple's "users" will grow significantly is flawed since an ideal use case of Ripple involves quickly entering a transaction and exiting a transaction with no change of value through the time involved in transacting. Since Ripple's basic feature requires that there be no significant fluctuation in price for Ripple tokens during the transaction there will be no way that this kind of speculative activity will be allowed to get out of hand as it essentially breaks the functionality of Ripple as a fast, cheap, reliable form of quickly moving funds outside of the traditional bank settled system.

Imagine for example, that Ripple decides suddenly that crypto investors have lost their damn minds and decide they need to increase the supply to regain control over pricing and liquidity. Well, they don't need consensus from their users to "hard fork" or the equivalent to change the parameters of the market.

I would recommend those gambling with Ripple pay close attention to how this market works because you could be playing with fire, but just like buying futures or options if your duration is short enough then you can probably make money here without getting burned if you allocate your portfolio with attention to managing risk.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
December 29, 2017, 08:36:44 PM
Anything is possible, with a lot of investors scattered around with different alt, there is a chance where Xrp could infiltrate btc position, because as we know bitcoin now got a serious issue to fix, and other coin in a big pump, but it's still a long story, now Xrp need to secure the position with eth, eth is also not that easy to beat down
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
December 29, 2017, 08:27:05 PM
january will be bad month for ripple, no coinbase add and back to being stable at whatever bottom it finds. 70-80c maybe, then possibly new rally in spring with more newcomers coming in to buy the "cheapest" big coin and dreaming of getting lambos for their 50 xrp lmao

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253
December 29, 2017, 08:26:28 PM
XRP will surpass BTC in 2018, humans need simple, fast, cheap way to send money with strong base. Not forking shit with mess around it.
Activity: 1037
Merit: 253
December 29, 2017, 08:24:28 PM
Nope ripple is just paper. It is coin for centralized network. Bitcoin will always stay more preferrable for people in cryptocurrency markets. I think ripple is going to be dumped in 3 2 1...

You are an hilarious idiot
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
December 29, 2017, 08:13:01 PM
Nope ripple is just paper. It is coin for centralized network. Bitcoin will always stay more preferrable for people in cryptocurrency markets. I think ripple is going to be dumped in 3 2 1...
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
December 29, 2017, 08:00:02 PM
Ripple surely has potential, but I can't see it beating Bitcoin. It's gonna need quite a bit more exposure to achieve that.
Activity: 41
December 29, 2017, 07:37:05 PM
i wish i invested more in alternate cryptos. I think its the future as there are lower fees and more affordable .
Activity: 65
Merit: 7
December 29, 2017, 07:24:06 PM
Most likely not, there's too many things going against it to be #1. Not to say it doesn't have a lot of potential, but there's so many other future coins (or even currently) that have better projects in store. But then again, we may be shocked.
Activity: 85
December 29, 2017, 07:11:57 PM
Highly doubt it. I am still one of the people who trusts BTC above all coins even if it is facing some problems now. I am sure its developers will eventually make some good improvements soon regarding its process. As of XRP surpassing BTC, even if XRP goes into top 1 it still doesn't mean that it dominates the crypto world now. Remember that transactions on wallets and exchangers are still currenly under BTC and ETH and only a few accepts USD. CMC rank is just a list but if you're one of those people who do their research first about the stability of a coin then you won't really fall for that kind of list as you'll expect that there will be some correction soon that eventually lowers the price of Ripple in the market.
Activity: 84
December 29, 2017, 07:09:06 PM
2 days ago THE PROPHET said XRP was about to run and topple BTC

www.SolAdoni.com

I posted his info days ago when I got it

I'm on his members list so we get his info before public

For couple of days if you searched Twitter for crypto or ripple he was #1 Tweet.

He is .1% Expert Klout ranking on crypto Currencies

Huge following
Pages:
Jump to: