Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Ripple (XRP) usurp Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 501 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
December 29, 2017, 07:07:30 PM
Ripple is on the run that's for sure.
But I follow the volume. 7 billion is a big number.
In this pump it won't be near Bitcoin, but maybe in next round.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
December 29, 2017, 06:55:31 PM
it wouldnt happen because the circulating supply is very high if they going to burn tokens maybe it will surpass bitcoin.. but for now alot of whales are accumulating bitcoin and its very bullish soon!
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
December 29, 2017, 06:54:57 PM
Ripple's current market cap is $216 billion, which means that it will require another $40 billion to surpass Bitcoin's market cap, but that doesn't mean anything. If we look back, Bitcoin's market cap has already been surpassed by numerous coins a few times already. It's classic market cap manipulation done by having a coin with like 100 billion units as supply, give it a value of $2-$3 per unit, and there you have a higher market cap than Bitcoin. If I recall correctly, Ripple has been one of the coins having surpassed Bitcoin in market cap some months ago as well. Market caps are useless metrics because of how easy it is to manipulate a coin with an insane total supply - it doesn't say anything about actual usage, etc.

https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 29, 2017, 06:54:30 PM
Well, i am curious one thing about your statement. Is that really ripple has been around even longer than bitcoin? If yes than i dont know that. Nice to know it now
About ripple, the price will never more than bitcoin but the marketcap might be yes it can be more than bitcoin but not near time, need very long time.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
December 29, 2017, 06:53:38 PM
yes, XRP is altcoin which has good and fast development. today XRP is still at $ 2 point. but XRP service makes people satisfied, cheap, fast, and sure.
talk a bit about bitcoin, is it expensive fee's, slow system, caused by increasing volume and spreading?
Activity: 728
Merit: 254
December 29, 2017, 06:50:36 PM
Ripple can easily surpass bitcoin, bitcoin already is a failure to me,  with high transaction fee and slow network.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
December 29, 2017, 06:43:07 PM
IMO Ripple won't become much bigger than it already is because of a very high amount of coins in circulation and because it's aiming for banks. It's a matter of  time before people realize we that don't need banks and we don't need the current financial system. I'm among those who think the system is flawed and corrupt and that we need to go towards more anonymous, decentralized. We shouldn't be thinking of cryptocurrencies like they were an upgrade to the current fiat based economy. They should be the end of it.
Activity: 383
Merit: 161
https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627
December 29, 2017, 06:35:29 PM
People have been talking. Word is getting out. Ripple, which has been around longer than even Bitcoin, is on the rise. If it reaches past $6.29 it will surpass Bitcoin on coin market cap.

Bitcoin was suppose to be fast and cheap, instead it is expensive and slow. The developers plan on releasing LN, but they are moving too slow and BTC may end up getting replaced. By the time LN gets realeased, people will be like "Oh that's cool. Too bad all these alt coins are already more popular now."

Bitcoin's marketcap dominance has dropped to a whopping low of 40%. Everyday it loses more and more of the total market cap.

People are losing faith in Bitcoin left and right. The Bitcoin religion as we know it is crumbling and the alt coins are taking hold.

Crap coins all over are being pumped like crazy. Cryptocurrency is in a massive bubble. Let's finally acknowledge it.

Ripple is going up, because some big corporations in the news were "implementing the technology" or whatever. Will Ripple surpass Bitcoin in this massive bubble war?
Pages:
Jump to: