Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the CGMINER developer get a loaner unit from BFL? - page 4. (Read 6260 times)

Activity: 531
Merit: 505
Even if as much as 100 TH of new hardware is delivered all at once on release day, anyone able to immediately use the new hardware will recover about 25% of their investment in the first 2 days (if starting right after a difficulty adjustment).

If software isn't ready and tested in advance, it will be a mad scramble to figure it out as the first units arrive, and minutes will be significant. Please arrange for at least one mining program to be tested in advance and ready to be used the moment deliveries occur.

This is NAIVE. BFL will "test" all prepared units. At the time they start to ship and your HW will be delivered, the network difficulty will be already adjusted (multiple times up).

Remember my words.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Green Mining 85% Cheaper
Do you think Eclipse will be able to handle 100 TH/s ?

Solo-mining ! The way to go Smiley

Who knows? I am sure Inaba would pay attention to the state of the software available and if the only thing is EasyMiner then my assumption would be he would try and prepare for it.
Activity: 481
Merit: 500

If your one of the first to get your ASIC, solo mining seems pretty viable Wink

Agreed, but BFL's software won't do SOLO mining.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Do you think Eclipse will be able to handle 100 TH/s ?

Solo-mining ! The way to go Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
You might want to check your math. BFL website says that block mining software is included.

Yes, I've seen it, no thanks. I don't want to be forced to mine another pool

If your one of the first to get your ASIC, solo mining seems pretty viable Wink
You might want to check your math. BFL website says that block mining software is included.

Yes, I've seen it, no thanks. I don't want to be forced to mine another pool
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
Even if as much as 100 TH of new hardware is delivered all at once on release day, anyone able to immediately use the new hardware will recover about 25% of their investment in the first 2 days (if starting right after a difficulty adjustment).

If software isn't ready and tested in advance, it will be a mad scramble to figure it out as the first units arrive, and minutes will be significant. Please arrange for at least one mining program to be tested in advance and ready to be used the moment deliveries occur.

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Green Mining 85% Cheaper

I would think that EasyMiner would work with them. You would make a decent amount of money just using Eclipse at that point.
Activity: 681

Activity: 349
Merit: 250
Will the developer of CGMINER (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-cgminer-mining-software-thread-for-linuxwinosxmipsarmr-pi-4110-28402) get a unit to facilitate the development and testing with the ASIC hardware? It would be nice to have working third-party software when the ASICs ship so we don't have expensive paper weights.
Pages:
Jump to: