Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the difficulty go down again ? - page 3. (Read 9330 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
December 28, 2014, 03:45:44 AM
According to https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator...

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 334655.0 (eta 3.2 days): 39547782382.4 / -1.1% [est.]

What is your opinion ?

The hashrate will continue to decline leading to a drop in difficulty.

Unless the community wakes up and starts to give at least 50% of its effort in integrating Bitcoin into payroll systems, we're going to see Bitcoin slowly fade away into the night. The only way to equalize the downward price pressure caused by the growth of BTC accepting merchants, is to pay people in Bitcoin.

No way. Even if the price continues to drop, newer hardware with higher efficiency is going to come on the market and increase the difficulty. I think Q1 2015 was slated to be the time for the release of the next gen ASICs.
Doesn't even look like this difficulty adjustment is going to be a negative one at this point :/
legendary
Activity: 1050
December 27, 2014, 04:13:29 PM

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 334655.0 (eta 3.2 days): 39547782382.4 / -1.1% [est.]

What is your opinion ?

Unless the community wakes up and starts to give at least 50% of its effort in integrating Bitcoin into payroll systems, we're going to see Bitcoin slowly fade away into the night. The only way to equalize the downward price pressure caused by the growth of BTC accepting merchants, is to pay people in Bitcoin.

No way. Even if the price continues to drop, newer hardware with higher efficiency is going to come on the market and increase the difficulty. I think Q1 2015 was slated to be the time for the release of the next gen ASICs.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
December 27, 2014, 03:16:23 PM
I agree, the hashrate really skyrocketed the last couple of days. I definitely thought it would go back up but not like this..

It is becoming more mainstream, which adds to tons more people putting in mining contracts or small miners hoping to strike something. I feel as if the price remain in the low $300's that diff will go down. Now, if BTC value rises over $500's again, we should expect insane difficulty spikes again.

500 USD is expected to cross by the end of this financial year... at least once.

We can hope. I don't see a specific reason for that dramatic of a rise. The last time we saw that kind of spike was due to MtGox bot manipulating the market and creating false/unnatural valuations.
One legit reason I could see the market moving up so high would be the Winkle twins granted approval for their enterprise and Wall Street traders and hedge funds managers getting involved.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
December 27, 2014, 03:06:25 PM
I agree, the hashrate really skyrocketed the last couple of days. I definitely thought it would go back up but not like this..

It is becoming more mainstream, which adds to tons more people putting in mining contracts or small miners hoping to strike something. I feel as if the price remain in the low $300's that diff will go down. Now, if BTC value rises over $500's again, we should expect insane difficulty spikes again.

500 USD is expected to cross by the end of this financial year... at least once.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
December 27, 2014, 03:02:26 PM

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
December 27, 2014, 07:40:04 AM
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
December 27, 2014, 06:24:20 AM

What is your opinion ?

I think it will go down a second time, originally I was expecting a marginal increase but it looks like more units are powering down
So at least for now the hashrate will drop
(That said I'm curious if its at a peak bubble and will collapse a bit more soon)

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 336671.0 (eta 16.2 days): 35402299210.8 / -10.3% [est.]

-10.3% ? really ? I can see profit  Roll Eyes

No chance it will be - 10.3%
It needs to average out, closer to the re-target time will show more accurate reading

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 336671.0 (eta 5.9 days): 39073901597.0 / -1.0% [est.]

Seems you were correct... is the PayCoin mining over ? Seems the hash power is coming back to the bitcoin network.

Yes I believe the pay coin POW is now over so a big section of hash rate has naturally returned to the Bitcoin network, if the timing was a little later then we may have seen 4%-5% drop in difficulty but I suppose the timing was taken into account for the POW
This is probably why the difficulty has been only slightly declining instead of increasing by ~20% every two weeks. It appears that roughly 20% of the preexisting network capacity was added back to bitcoin mining yesterday, based on the 504 block time chart

Paycoin mining was just a blip. It lasted only for a week and ended nearly a week ago.
I was under the impression that it ended a few days ago, roughly the time that the short term block rate seemed to crash (and estimated next difficulty started to spike)

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 336671.0 (eta 3.4 days): 39886178001.0 / +1.1% [est.]

I predict, it'll be 40 billion again.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
December 27, 2014, 05:02:07 AM

What is your opinion ?

I think it will go down a second time, originally I was expecting a marginal increase but it looks like more units are powering down
(That said I'm curious if its at a peak bubble and will collapse a bit more soon)

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 336671.0 (eta 16.2 days): 35402299210.8 / -10.3% [est.]

It needs to average out, closer to the re-target time will show more accurate reading

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 336671.0 (eta 5.9 days): 39073901597.0 / -1.0% [est.]

Seems you were correct... is the PayCoin mining over ? Seems the hash power is coming back to the bitcoin network.

Yes I believe the pay coin POW is now over so a big section of hash rate has naturally returned to the Bitcoin network, if the timing was a little later then we may have seen 4%-5% drop in difficulty but I suppose the timing was taken into account for the POW
This is probably why the difficulty has been only slightly declining instead of increasing by ~20% every two weeks. It appears that roughly 20% of the preexisting network capacity was added back to bitcoin mining yesterday, based on the 504 block time chart

Paycoin mining was just a blip. It lasted only for a week and ended nearly a week ago.
I was under the impression that it ended a few days ago, roughly the time that the short term block rate seemed to crash (and estimated next difficulty started to spike)
Activity: 40
Merit: 10
December 26, 2014, 05:12:01 AM

What is your opinion ?

I think global adoption is more important right now. If I was to be paid in BTC right now I'd be pretty pissed off since I would have to sell it for fiat to buy shopping, pay rent, pay bills ect...paying people a wage in BTC right now would just result in the same dumping, maybe be a bit less but not by much.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
December 26, 2014, 12:04:30 AM

What is your opinion ?

Activity: 262
Merit: 250
I hate my family
December 25, 2014, 10:55:41 PM
Is it just me or did the difficulty drop because we have so many suppliers selling off their .5-.7 W/GH miners (Spondoolies has the holiday special, and BitmainTech has their bulk bundle special) in order to prepare release of new super-efficient miners? Solar from KNCminer is boasting .02 W/GH/s!! I think the big difficulty rises are still going to come.
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
I hate my family
December 25, 2014, 10:51:25 PM

What is your opinion ?

Where do companies get money to pay their employees? Usually from investors. So they need to raise capital in BTC: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-dont-we-see-more-capital-raised-in-bitcoins-904543
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
December 25, 2014, 09:21:55 PM

What is your opinion ?

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
♥Bitcoin-Ethereum-Ripple♥
December 25, 2014, 07:02:37 PM

What is your opinion ?

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 25, 2014, 12:15:46 PM

No one is hashing Paycoin. If they are, they're wasting their time since there are zero rewards. It's been that way for almost a week.

correct and the network is close to positive growth.  Also s-5 and sp20's are being sold.

I see +2% around  Dec 31.

I see 3-5 % for the next 2 or 3 jumps after this one.

The new .5 watt gear will put a lot of pressure on all gear over .8 watts to be turned off.

The big caveat is price if BTC jumps over 500 usd diff will pick up a lot.

this 295-350 price range is tough on big players.   

How would you like to buy a  2000 s-3's for a farm at the price of 100 bucks each .. Sounds good right?  only 200,000 usd.

well if you power is 6 cents and they hash at 1ph.  you spend on your psu's and your building you are at 300,000 usd.

just drop coins to 200 usd  a week after you set up.  a huge loss. 
I think lots of farms are looking at this and they are afraid to ramp up or switch out to sp20's and or s-5's.
If you came to me and asked me should I make a 300k investment I would say do you have it to lose? The risk is very high.
Also I think you can't get the price I wrote 300k for a fully working 1ph farm.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
December 25, 2014, 11:56:49 AM
Difficulty will drop for sure, 85PetaHash of sha gear moved over to mine Paycoin, this is going to affect block times for bitcoin and definitely change the difficulty down but it is temporary as Paycoin only has a PoW of a couple weeks.

So, how long this PayCoin storm is going to stay ? Will the Gen4 chips can mine PayCoin too ? If yes, that would be a great news for bitcoin miners Smiley

it is a short window for the pre-mining so to speak.   the 20th of dec.  after that it all depends on how well the coins price holds up.

if the coin has legs it will affect BTC for months to come.  Or if the coin crashes and burns  BTC will get a solid DIFF increase.

Paycoin's success or failure has no bearing on the BTC network hashrate in the long term. The coin won't be ASIC mineable after the proof-of-work (POW) phase is done... which is over in a few days.

Well we have been told a lot about paycoin. We will see exactly how it unfolds day by day.  
GAW-ZEN holds the power on that coin so rules can be bent or changed by them. In the short run it dropped btc rates a lot.  who is to say that after 3 months of no asic mining they decide to allow asic mining again.  They can do that if they want to do it.

If they make Paycoin a POW coin again in the future, that would really piss off those HashStaker investors now. Wouldn't it? They have paid to buy a coin that can only be mined by a POS wallet and then to suddenly change it to an ASIC mineable coin again would be disastrous.

This whole Paycoin thing is ridiculous! So I guess I shouldn't be surprised with what the future holds. But I'm certainly don't think XPY is the next BTC. But we'll see.
Definitely the most forward alt coin, but it would require a hardfork that people wouldn't do if they made it POW again and that's not how it's being developed. GAW doesn't exactly hold the power they can't just change it willy nilly they can hardfork it like anyone can do to any coin with enough power but the amount of people hashing right now shows GAW is NOT in control of this coin.

No one is hashing Paycoin. If they are, they're wasting their time since there are zero rewards. It's been that way for almost a week.
legendary
December 25, 2014, 05:40:50 AM

What is your opinion ?

Activity: 676
Merit: 501
December 17, 2014, 11:25:51 AM
I for one am done with cloud mining and I shall be investing my BTC into hardware, a few 1 th/s miners should get me started so I would welcome a dip in difficulty (first time it's been negative I believe) and then a surge in new equipment to bring the price back up too.

Any tips on where to utilise my miners would be greatly appreciated

Cloud ming will be & always will be for fools with not enough time in the day to admin there own machines
(Sorry dont mean to be rude..)

I posed a question "How many miners do u think the network runs on below 180gh which was spec for bitmains S1-180GH miner

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9435885

Ages ago cause when i got my last bill it was $500 above what i spent on electricity, Making mining in my eyes pointless from a cost perspective, BTW not the first dip in neg for diff, About the 20th act... I can see why ur cloud mining...

As i see it & someone else out there made a point of saying it months ago.....

If ur mining currently on anything Larger than 28nm & above $1 elect / per hash then ur losing money, Even more for everyday u keep mining on the while the price goes down....

But they also stated that bitcoin could lose all momentum & go to $0 if the greedy take over the system & everyone loses interest.... I can sort of see that happening (But not) Price is going to fall & fall it will, As more and more scams get unearthed, Miners become faster, cheaper & easier to run..

Faith (Not the GOD type) in the p2p payment system that is bitcoin & the further 20 or 30 years it has to run full circle will keep bouncing the price up & down like a yoyo...

Think about this... Your mining what people first used to believe was an untraceable type of currency, Used by scammers, drug dealers & tax dodgers...

Untraceable, Maybe in the virtual world but once it becomes real money in someones bank acc, unless u can account for that money thru a bussiness ur fucked..

Everything bitcoin is now watched by Governments & Taxed accordingly (In Your Region - Of Course)

Bitcoin here & now has the potential to fall flat on its face & everyone will lose everything or it will dip to the point (Less than $100 a coin) & people will be interested again...

Marginal profits which hedge funds & alike thrive on will assure this.....

Also by the time that happens "Drug Dealers" & "BAD" porno type people will have worked out away around TOR and its inabilities to hide them, Imagine using a System Developed by the US Navy as a means of hiding yourself while being a permanent connection to the internet...

(U tell me if this wasn't deliberate to bring out the nuts, Who cares if its not in the military's hands now, I can assure u, They either have a back door key or a way to insert themselves into a node where they can see traffic - In & Out)

Kids wake the fuck up.... Mine for break even minimum (For now at least) cause the coin is going down to less than $100 (My prediction anyway)
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
♥Bitcoin-Ethereum-Ripple♥
December 17, 2014, 06:48:41 AM

What is your opinion ?

legendary
December 17, 2014, 05:46:03 AM

What is your opinion ?

Pages:
Jump to: