Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the difficulty go down again ? - page 4. (Read 9330 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
December 16, 2014, 08:51:49 PM
Difficulty will drop for sure, 85PetaHash of sha gear moved over to mine Paycoin, this is going to affect block times for bitcoin and definitely change the difficulty down but it is temporary as Paycoin only has a PoW of a couple weeks.

So, how long this PayCoin storm is going to stay ? Will the Gen4 chips can mine PayCoin too ? If yes, that would be a great news for bitcoin miners Smiley

it is a short window for the pre-mining so to speak.   the 20th of dec.  after that it all depends on how well the coins price holds up.

if the coin has legs it will affect BTC for months to come.  Or if the coin crashes and burns  BTC will get a solid DIFF increase.

Paycoin's success or failure has no bearing on the BTC network hashrate in the long term. The coin won't be ASIC mineable after the proof-of-work (POW) phase is done... which is over in a few days.

Well we have been told a lot about paycoin. We will see exactly how it unfolds day by day.  
GAW-ZEN holds the power on that coin so rules can be bent or changed by them. In the short run it dropped btc rates a lot.  who is to say that after 3 months of no asic mining they decide to allow asic mining again.  They can do that if they want to do it.

If they make Paycoin a POW coin again in the future, that would really piss off those HashStaker investors now. Wouldn't it? They have paid to buy a coin that can only be mined by a POS wallet and then to suddenly change it to an ASIC mineable coin again would be disastrous.

This whole Paycoin thing is ridiculous! So I guess I shouldn't be surprised with what the future holds. But I'm certainly don't think XPY is the next BTC. But we'll see.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 16, 2014, 08:26:16 PM
Difficulty will drop for sure, 85PetaHash of sha gear moved over to mine Paycoin, this is going to affect block times for bitcoin and definitely change the difficulty down but it is temporary as Paycoin only has a PoW of a couple weeks.

So, how long this PayCoin storm is going to stay ? Will the Gen4 chips can mine PayCoin too ? If yes, that would be a great news for bitcoin miners Smiley

it is a short window for the pre-mining so to speak.   the 20th of dec.  after that it all depends on how well the coins price holds up.

if the coin has legs it will affect BTC for months to come.  Or if the coin crashes and burns  BTC will get a solid DIFF increase.

Paycoin's success or failure has no bearing on the BTC network hashrate in the long term. The coin won't be ASIC mineable after the proof-of-work (POW) phase is done... which is over in a few days.

Well we have been told a lot about paycoin. We will see exactly how it unfolds day by day. 
GAW-ZEN holds the power on that coin so rules can be bent or changed by them. In the short run it dropped btc rates a lot.  who is to say that after 3 months of no asic mining they decide to allow asic mining again.  They can do that if they want to do it.
Activity: 784
Glow Stick Dance!
December 16, 2014, 08:18:56 PM

it is a short window for the pre-mining so to speak.   the 20th of dec.  after that it all depends on how well the coins price holds up.

if the coin has legs it will affect BTC for months to come.  Or if the coin crashes and burns  BTC will get a solid DIFF increase.

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 16, 2014, 09:24:25 AM

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
December 16, 2014, 08:52:10 AM

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
♥Bitcoin-Ethereum-Ripple♥
December 15, 2014, 01:18:25 PM
I for one am done with cloud mining and I shall be investing my BTC into hardware, a few 1 th/s miners should get me started so I would welcome a dip in difficulty (first time it's been negative I believe) and then a surge in new equipment to bring the price back up too.

Any tips on where to utilise my miners would be greatly appreciated
Some people heat their floors with them via the basement or you could strategically place them around the house for heating.

Very clever thank you so much for your input. Here's an idea, next time you see someone seeking constructive advise....DON'T POST!!!!

Again thank you so much for your thoughtful input
I can only assume your being sarcastic but the way your original post read was you were looking where to utilize your miners, if you meant which pool to point them at that would be different. I am sorry for trying to help you because you must be new to the hardware world because these thing generate a ton of heat and you will want to think of where you place them.

I apologize for your lack of basic understanding, when I simply asked where is best to utilize them, I thought it went without saying that I was asking for advice on which pools to use, but I guess it didn't go without saying so I shall state it more clearly for you to understand.

"Any tips on which pools to use my miners in would be greatly appreciated"
You really meant your username when you picked it huh? Obviously you don't do shit for research before you invest or you wouldn't have already been burnt by cloud mining. So here's a tip if you have to ask on which pools to mine and your going to be rude about people helping you just go donate your money instead of wasting it.

Oh my word, it seems to be a general pattern on here that people with some sort of senior status on their account talk like shit to other people, especially newbie/junior members like they're infants. Of course I have done research but it doesn't hurt to open up some form of constructive conversation with established miners to get a little more knowledge. I do not intend to get into some form of witty conversation with anyone.
I almost never get into arguments with people, but most people are pretty kind when you're trying to help them make money. Honestly there are two types of pools PPLNS and PPS if you are mining with a smaller amount I would do PPS because you always get paid out the same, PPLNS takes a while and it depends on how much you've helped and it's not very predictable. For PPS i use F2Pool and for PPLNS use P2Pool. Seriously though if you don't own home miners you need to strategically place these things especially if you are going to get a few, for one pay attention to wattage on outlets, secondly make sure it's not near you thermostat or you'll have a shit time when trying too cool your home and 3 make sure you aren't over heating anything.

Thank you sincerely, that's exactly the type of advice and feedback I was looking for, something constructive that I can take on board and act upon.

Again, thanks
December 15, 2014, 01:06:04 PM
I for one am done with cloud mining and I shall be investing my BTC into hardware, a few 1 th/s miners should get me started so I would welcome a dip in difficulty (first time it's been negative I believe) and then a surge in new equipment to bring the price back up too.

Some people heat their floors with them via the basement or you could strategically place them around the house for heating.

Very clever thank you so much for your input. Here's an idea, next time you see someone seeking constructive advise....DON'T POST!!!!

I can only assume your being sarcastic but the way your original post read was you were looking where to utilize your miners, if you meant which pool to point them at that would be different. I am sorry for trying to help you because you must be new to the hardware world because these thing generate a ton of heat and you will want to think of where you place them.

I apologize for your lack of basic understanding, when I simply asked where is best to utilize them, I thought it went without saying that I was asking for advice on which pools to use, but I guess it didn't go without saying so I shall state it more clearly for you to understand.

You really meant your username when you picked it huh? Obviously you don't do shit for research before you invest or you wouldn't have already been burnt by cloud mining. So here's a tip if you have to ask on which pools to mine and your going to be rude about people helping you just go donate your money instead of wasting it.

Oh my word, it seems to be a general pattern on here that people with some sort of senior status on their account talk like shit to other people, especially newbie/junior members like they're infants. Of course I have done research but it doesn't hurt to open up some form of constructive conversation with established miners to get a little more knowledge. I do not intend to get into some form of witty conversation with anyone.
December 15, 2014, 12:59:25 PM

December 15, 2014, 12:53:40 PM

December 15, 2014, 12:42:35 PM

legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
December 15, 2014, 08:53:08 AM
According to https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator...

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 334655.0 (eta 3.2 days): 39547782382.4 / -1.1% [est.]

What is your opinion ?

I think it will go down a second time, originally I was expecting a marginal increase but it looks like more units are powering down
So at least for now the hashrate will drop
(That said I'm curious if its at a peak bubble and will collapse a bit more soon)

If difficulty collapse, the price is expected to go down with it as well... is not it ? Does anyone have any difficulty vs. price graph for bitcoin ?

I wish difficulty influenced price. Sad
Btc would be many thousands of $$ each right now.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
December 15, 2014, 06:29:29 AM
If difficulty collapse, the price is expected to go down with it as well... is not it ? Does anyone have any difficulty vs. price graph for bitcoin ?

I find this chart interesting
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/difficulty-price-btc.html#log

Hey, this is a great chart. It seems both the line have overlapped each other multiple times.
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
December 14, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

I find this chart interesting
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/difficulty-price-btc.html#log
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
December 14, 2014, 10:49:35 AM

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 334655.0 (eta 3.2 days): 39547782382.4 / -1.1% [est.]

What is your opinion ?

I think it will go down a second time, originally I was expecting a marginal increase but it looks like more units are powering down
(That said I'm curious if its at a peak bubble and will collapse a bit more soon)

It doesn't follow that way. price doesn't care about difficulty.

Difficulty, or rather electricity spent per unit Bitcoin, somewhat follows price. When the more efficient chips come on the market the difficulty will increase again.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
December 14, 2014, 07:46:44 AM

What is your opinion ?

The hashrate will continue to decline leading to a drop in difficulty.

Unless the community wakes up and starts to give at least 50% of its effort in integrating Bitcoin into payroll systems, we're going to see Bitcoin slowly fade away into the night. The only way to equalize the downward price pressure caused by the growth of BTC accepting merchants, is to pay people in Bitcoin.

Big merchants like NewEgg to OverStock, everyone is simply dumping the coins. If they paid their employees/vendors, then this problem would not arise. This is why companies who fully depend on bitcoin ecosystem should rise.

Interestingly, at the time of writing this, the last block has been found 45 minutes ago.

https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/block/000000000000000019d4247dd6a2d669ccc34cf926d0e50fa6bb78ac70583677
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
December 13, 2014, 10:16:03 PM

What is your opinion ?

The hashrate will continue to decline leading to a drop in difficulty.

Unless the community wakes up and starts to give at least 50% of its effort in integrating Bitcoin into payroll systems, we're going to see Bitcoin slowly fade away into the night. The only way to equalize the downward price pressure caused by the growth of BTC accepting merchants, is to pay people in Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
December 13, 2014, 09:54:26 PM

What is your opinion ?

Other way around son... difficulty is falling because less blocks are being solved... because less people are mining them... because they cant afford to because of the low price.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
December 13, 2014, 09:30:27 PM

What is your opinion ?

Seems like it'll go down a fraction again until (if) we see a significant BTC price increase.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
December 13, 2014, 08:20:02 PM
At this point it's not sure yet as the estimated is far from accurate.

If enough people fire up their machines in the last day then it will go up slightly.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
December 13, 2014, 07:53:13 PM

What is your opinion ?

Pages:
Jump to: