Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the governments kill cryptocurrencies - page 37. (Read 7071 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I do believe that they will contribute to the fall of the cryptocurrency. I think they cannot do this alone because, we do all know that blockchain technology is in our hands or owned by us and cannot be manipulated by only one person. There has been a lot of positive news surrounding bitcoin legislation recently.
Activity: 48
There will always be opponents of cryptocurrency, but there are also those who support it among the government
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
Maybe as bitcoin progress more and more countries will start to recognize it as a payment method or asset. If bitcoin gets really popular and be known globally maybe it will change how fiat money works even other countries are starting to adapt the blockchain technology and might sooner make their own crypto's that would compete bitcoin.
Activity: 29
Despite the fact that many governments are still against cryptocurrency, I think sooner or later many of these countries will certainly still come to adoption.
Activity: 23
I think it depends on each country. If there is any conflict between Crypto and Government, they can exist parallel together. But if Cryptocurrencies makes threat or affects to government benefits, they surely want to kill it.
Activity: 224
The Govt of some countries who are not accepting cryptos yet, should make some rules to make it legal in the economy of that country. Otherwise they will be far behind the success in cryptocurrency industry.
Its  not a difficult thing or task to the government to approve or legaliized the use of bitcoin in their country but they are fearing the risk on it so it wont affect their citizens.
Activity: 168
Some governments are starting to embrace blockchain and cryptocurrencies and others are literally closing the doors to this technology. Do you think governments will continue to fight back against cryptocurrencies and decentralization?

I do not believe in the news that the government will kill the crypto. because today many countries are beginning to agree with the crypto, it is common when there are pros and cons. and it is not that easy to kill crypto, now many people believe in crypto than the government.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
The governments are trying to control technologies in order to get more money and taxes in the future, but they don't have tools to stop them.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
crypto is a very lucrative investment business and if it continues, the government will eventually take part in this business to protect its citizens to be safer in transactions in crypto
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
Some governments are starting to embrace blockchain and cryptocurrencies and others are literally closing the doors to this technology. Do you think governments will continue to fight back against cryptocurrencies and decentralization?

Some of the country are strict with crypto currency as it's not yet widely accepted as a form of payment , and some think it's a gateway for illegal things such as terrorist making the most of decentralized market or transaction of illegal drugs since some of crypto currency are untraceable that's what some government concern about. Though some are unreasonable 
It will never become a payment alternative system to the government because the crypto still involved very high risk to the users. Not only used by the terrorist but crypto has been used for money laundering and i guess that will be difficult to the crypto to be adopted by the regulators.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
The government wants to fully control the crypto currency. But the crypto currency has its own specifics and can not be controlled by any authorities.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12

Now I have a strong feeling that the main threat for the cryptocurrency is not governments but we are - the cryptocurrency community that "litter" the forum, have no concrete aims, and pull the market in the middle of nowhere in search of quick money. That's what spoils the market and pulls it down!
Activity: 206
Merit: 3
I don't think government can kill or stop cryptocurrency. They can only delay it from been fully utilized and adopted by mainstream but can't stop as some countries have started adopting it into the system. Government is aware of its potential but might be afraid of the possible tax invasion and fraud associated with it because of its anonymous nature.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10

My answer will be a strict no, because just look on the world around you and you will understand why I'm saying that. All the world countries are concerned about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies for now they will not burn it anymore.
Activity: 406
Merit: 12
Government can try but will fail at regulating it.
The entire point of Bitcoin is to take the power away from banks, government and centralised institutions and give it back to the individual.
Activity: 244
Well I just hope not. It is good to hear that there were already government understood how cryptocurrency works and affect the economy of their countries but there we also who don't. I think that's because they cannot impose tax on crypto or on their citizens which are earning thru crypto. But why not try to legalize and see the results for themselves.
Activity: 130
Merit: 2

I think the government will not kill crypto, which it will use and control of crypto, it is the best way to develop and ensure crypto
Activity: 180
I think they won't do that because some of them are have the idea what can cryptocurrencies do in their country, especially the people there who will have a own job and own income to support their daily needs.
Activity: 149
Most of the countries are strict with the crypto currency because they don't find it a legal way of transaction since all the countries have their own currency. But in order to kill the cryptocurrency, the government should have a valid reason to prove it illegal which they haven't got so far.
Activity: 602
So far in my owned country our government don't have any problem regarding on this cryptocurrencies and i do hope that it would not be happen here. And if i am to ask i better want goverment to make crypto have to pay taxes because if that would be happen meaning government are supporting crypto and it can be legalized and don't have any worries anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: