Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the Oil be burned and how it will affect the climate - page 2. (Read 302 times)

Activity: 634
Merit: 10
Instead of burning it, why don't just give it to people in need? The fact that burning can cause many negative effect to our environment - to the atmosphere and ozone layer, there are also many countries in need of oil. I think it will be best if the government will just give it to people in need.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
We all read stupid things these days, crazy conspiracy theories, and we can agree that this one can easily win some prize in that contest! Oil to be burned, hey oil, the same oil that yesterday was close to the end of reserves?! Do people fall on this too easily? Do you remember what they were talking months ago, years ago? Are we people so easy for manipulators?
Oil to be burned, what a joke that would be! And tomorrow oil reserves will be at the near end, it's an obvious manipulation with supply and price! And on a side that, can you imagine a scenario where millions and billions of dollars are spent to get that oil from the ground, meanwhile hurting nature and wild life, and after all that to just burn it!? Isn't that the craziest thing we can witness in our lives?
I can't believe I am reading and thinking about burning oil...
Activity: 1302
Merit: 10
Recently I heard some news that countries consider burning oil because there's no more place to store it.

As you know the oil production volumes are huge, and this means that a lot of oil will be burn.

LOL. Yes we will burn all oil by using it. If someone will have no place to store Oil he will simply not buy or not pump more Oil. And their problem with storing is solved. Why would someone buy oil and pay for it to burn it for nothing?
That's right. Maybe it's not that easy to burn in a very free way. Buying and paying to be burned without fees is very funny, it will make economic losses if the oil is burned with the reason there is no storage anymore. That is nonsense for me. ,it's better to share it with people for free to people for daily needs. when burned for nothing. in my opinion
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
Hello friends!

Recently I heard some news that countries consider burning oil because there's no more place to store it.

As you know the oil production volumes are huge, and this means that a lot of oil will be burn.

So the question is, how will it affect the earth's climate? Is this a significant concern for the environmentalists?
I don't think that other countries will be burning oil because they are just wasting materials that is very important to everyday life. A lot of living things could also get affected if they will do such a thing. If there are no place to store why don't give them to countries who needs oil instead of burning and wasting them.
Every country filled their storage that is why there is no more place to store the produced oil and I heard that if the oil production stops completely then they have to spend huge amount of money to restart everything that is why they cannot stop it completely but I don't think they will burn it possibly it will be dumped on international waters.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
Hello friends!

So the question is, how will it affect the earth's climate? Is this a significant concern for the environmentalists?
I don't think that other countries will be burning oil because they are just wasting materials that is very important to everyday life. A lot of living things could also get affected if they will do such a thing. If there are no place to store why don't give them to countries who needs oil instead of burning and wasting them.
Merit: 504
Sometimes I wonder how much it will cost them to just stop and not pumping oil for a moment. To burn oil like that because there's no more place to store it meanwhile they keep pumping the oil from underground baffles me. maybe i don't know the technical since I'm myself is not a miner but is burning oil really necessary?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

LOL. Yes we will burn all oil by using it. If someone will have no place to store Oil he will simply not buy or not pump more Oil. And their problem with storing is solved. Why would someone buy oil and pay for it to burn it for nothing?
legendary
Merit: 1206
Burning oil might have a bit effect on the climate depending on how it will affect the environment. Whether these companies use the best smoke or air filters in the world still it will cause pollution because filters can never zero out all the hazardous chemicals that might come from the burning oil. These oil-producing companies should think of a way on how they can manage their production during this time when there is a lower demand for their oil.

The storage issue is pretty irritating to the ear they are just threatening us that they will burn out these oils and damage the environment if we will not buy and consume their products. These companies are experts when it comes to business they just want us to be dependent on them at all times.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 402
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
Firstly I do not think the government is doing right.
Killing so many animals , destroying the resources just because they don't want to give it for free to decrease their price .
This is ridiculously irrelevant , when they can actually do good and distribute it to those in need .
It would have an impact on the environment for sure because unlike the renewable sources of energy , it is not unlimited. They will destroy the natural resources plus pollution cannot be completed avoided , even if they use the secure burning facilities , they would actually use the filters to filter out the dangerous particles from it but it would inturn cost much more for the government to build a facility like this and at the same time keep changing the air filters in the chimneys .
So if they do it , they are stupid.

The wastage really surprises me  sometimes. I mean, there are things that can be done to food/meat to preserve them naturally for long-term storage. I would be really surprised if the foods are being destroyed because they don't want to give them to people for free or at very cheap price.
Can people really do such thing?
In regards to the oil issue, they should have anticipated this problem, and even avoid the use of oil by societies due its many problems and consequences to the environments. You don't invent things, overlook the consequences and hope that nothing goes wrong.
Activity: 994
Merit: 503
Hello friends!

that actually harms the environment pretty much but I think they won't burn too much oil. because only a few countries are in the process of social isolation in Europe, the rest in Asia and Southeast Asia are very well under control of the epidemic and they will probably start returning to production quickly. Future oil prices are also recovering quite strongly after many sell-offs. Hopefully, the disease will be controlled quickly, then there will be nothing more harmful to businesses and the environment.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
Hello friends!

Burning oil and wasting it instead of giving it away to the people for free. Angry That's how capitalism works.
This is the most stupid idea I've ever heard.Oil prices will go up after a few years.It's way better to just invest in new storage facilities and keep that oil and sell it when the oil prices recover.
Can't the OPEC countries just stop producing oil for a while.I know that many workers in the oil industry will lose their jobs,but they can be compensated and this will be temporary.
I don't think that the climate will be affected.There's enough pollution already,a few million barrels of burned oil won't change anything. Angry
Activity: 266
Merit: 108
lol burning oil really?
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
I don't buy that reasoning for one second.  If countries are contemplating the burning of oil, it's not because they don't have anywhere to store it (unless someone can convince me otherwise).

Oil has been nothing but headache after headache ever since it started being used for oil lamps, heating, and in the production of gasoline and other petroleum products.  It's caused political, environmental, economic, and all sorts of other problems and I'll be happy when the world is finally powering itself with cleaner forms of energy. 

As far as whatever burning takes place because of the "storage problem," my guess is that it won't be done under ideal conditions and there will probably be some consequences to the environment.  The whole idea just rings silly in my ears.

In order to fight the pollution brought by burning of oil, each and everyone of us should plant a tree as much as possible so that there is something that absorbs the carbon dioxide and convert it into an oxygen. By that, we can still fight and lessen the pollution in the air and we can protect our ozone layer.

The reason why we have so much oil is because the only consumer of it are those who are using it in the household and factories who produces some stocks. This quarantine prohibits people to use vehicle to go outside to lessen the spread of the virus, we all know that vehicles are operated by oil in order to function.

I suggest to plant more trees everywhere and people should invent an oil that produces harmless air when it emit gases. If we lack of storage for oil then what if we make another storage for it, so that it will not be wasted and destroy the environment in burning it and make it wasted.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
If they're using controlled facilities then it'll do nothing...

As long as they have things like catalytic converters then it'll just be like normal oil that would've been used anyway...

As long as they don't have an open fire and it doesn't cast too many shadows, it might be a shock these days though given the recent lack of pollution.

Solid post my man Jack, no idea what most of this means but it sounds sciency and smart so +merit.

From my own personal view with no real research I can't see them burning Oil. While the storage of this oil is a bit expensive, that's true, you're still going to be able to get SOME money on the free market to sell this. I'd assume that most of the people that are sitting on oil right now are just praying for a recovery and are planning to just leave their cargo barges in the ocean waiting for this to happen.

Activity: 534
Merit: 19
I dont think that many countries would be burning oil due to lack of of storage. It is quite erroneous specially that this pandemic would not be lasting for more than 2 years. This pandemic slows down the usage of oil and when this ends, it will surely comes back to normal usage.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Hello friends!

I also don't buy the reasoning behind burning oil? Burning their oil means burning their money as well so I doubt that countries will take that action just because there's no more place to store, doesn't makes any sense at all. Again, if we here this kind of news, for sure environmentalist will be concern, but so far I can't see any online news about your topic. Maybe if you could put some links in here then there will be a lot of discussions, but so far it looks like this is a total hearsay.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
Burning oil for lack of space to store??
And there is nothing to convert the oil into, and it cannot be transported to other countries. Maybe only in this pandemic period that people do not really go out. Yet they will sell at costly price here in my country.that is not wisdom. Though burning the oil may contribute to air pollution and even Constitute some poisonous substances like carbon monoxide to the cloud, which is not good to the health of the people.
Activity: 474
Merit: 111
I think the idea of burning oil due to storage is full that is a bad idea for the environment. This will cause the greenhouse effect. The earth's temperature will rise, the ice in Antarctica and the Arctic will melt a lot. As a result, rising water levels will rise, causing coastal areas to face serious risks such as tsunamis or floods. Instead, I recommend that the companies exploit less oil to ensure economic returns while protecting the global environment.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
But what about the tankers full of oil that are drifting in the Pacific? The worst scenario I can imagine is that they will dump it into the ocean because nobody will want to take the responsibility of storing it or burning in a facilities...

I think there's more of a reason they don't do that normally, if they do, governments like the US will face a lot of cirtticism over it until they find a way to solve the problem. I think this would cause a lot more problems even for the oil companies (a lot of plastic waste in the ocean is APPARENTLY caused by fishing - around 44% i think i've seen quoted - this would be a massive blow to the oil industries if a large amount of oil just seeped inot the ocean from one of these ships...

It also means we've even further destroyed the only ecosystem we had a hope for not causing too much of an extinction to (other than dolphins and a few other animals with plastic).
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

i can't find any news articles about this. link?

based on how optimistic the market is about recovery, i find it unlikely that anyone would be destroying oil stores yet. i could only see that if this keeps up for months or years. oil contracts might go negative again at expiration, but longer term i think countries like china (who are huge oil importers) are building facilities to suck up the excess supply. https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/business/oil-prices-china-imports/index.html

The whole idea just rings silly in my ears.

+1.
Pages:
Jump to: