Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the transfers to the Saudi league become a problem for European football? - page 6. (Read 621 times)

Activity: 2436
Merit: 892
I read every day about a new superstar moving to the saudi league and I think this is slowly becoming a problem for European football. I grew up with the fact that all footballers in the world are pursuing the dream of playing football in a top European league at some point. For me, leagues like the Premiere League, La Liga, Seria A or the German Bundesliga are part of it. But even our weaker leagues were popular to players to prove themselves as good players.

The European clubs have also paid almost the best salaries or transfer fees worldwide. China has been able to attract a few good players like Iniesta or Hulk with high salaries, but these were just very few players. Since Ronaldo's move, we've been faced with the big problem that a lot of top players have followed him, some of whom are very young, and of course that's very good for the Saudi league, but European football is losing very important and great talents.

The current year is the first year where so many players change at the same time, if this should continue for another 2-3 years I can well imagine that Europe will run out of good and well-known footballers. With the salaries that are paid, it is also understandable for me that the footballers change and the clubs sell the players, but how do you think the whole thing will continue? Will European football lose its special position?

And while I was writing this, I read again about a new possible move: Mo Salah is said to move to Saudi Arabia for a transfer fee of €100m and a yearly earn of €200m. Just crazy!

Here is a list of well-known footballers who have already transferred:

To Al Hilal:
Neymar
Koulibaly
Milinkovic-Savic
Ruben Neves
Mitrovic
Bono

To Al-Ittihad:
Kanté
Benzema
Fabinho