Pages:
Author

Topic: Will there ever be a Bitcoin Bank - page 20. (Read 3757 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 103
November 21, 2017, 01:08:32 PM
In the future, I think, banks will use bitcoin as one of assets. As, for example, today they use precious metals. There will be conservative people thanks to whom banks will hardly disappear. At present considerable turnover of cryptocurrencies occurs at the centralized exchanges. And over time they will continue the existence, just they will adapt to new rules of the game. It is a lot of projects which successfully carried out by ICO too are centralized. In the future the centralized and decentralized projects will coexist at the same time and to compete between themselves. Therefore, I consider, banks won't disappear anywhere, they will just be transformed and will adapt to new economy
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 11:12:02 AM
I don't see how will a Bitcoin bank work. I have definitely seen people giving small amount of loans on Bitcointalk itself. But here we are talking about comparatively large organization(centralized) to give loans at big level. Why it won't work is because supply is way too limited along with that the availability of bitcoin in market isn't much as most of the people are merely hoarding it. Bitcoin is highly volatile. These all factors makes lending inefficient.
i think people are already fedup with traditional banks, therefore they may not be too much interested in bitcoin bank, i think using wallet is the best way to use your bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
November 21, 2017, 11:04:14 AM
There are already altcoins having "banking"-like features: WAVES have lease, Minex has MinexBank. Both give revenues for your money is it's "given" to a 3rd party. So the concept is gaining ground.
I don't want to say that this means that we will see soonTM a Bitcoin Bank. But "never say never".
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 21, 2017, 10:55:51 AM
Bitcoin mean P2P (only sender and receiver ) that mean without using  any third part (Bank )so that we will never see bank using bitcoin and it is system (wallet ) is so good

So bitcoin will always on our wallet and no bank will be involved?  I think we use bank but to save only our bitcoin when it is already exchange in local currency.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
November 21, 2017, 09:08:41 AM
Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.
Why would anyone still be talking about Bitcoin bank at this time? If you need a bitcoin bank, then we have Xapo, we have Coinbase, we have Bitfinex and the rest of them and they are all offering ATM debit cards to withdraw your Bitcoin in cash from any ATM in the world. They are regarded as bank, but if what you are looking for is where you will get loan, sorry man, you better go to your country’s bank and borrow loan, so that when you don’t pay up it will be easy to catch you and lock you up. Kudos!
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
November 20, 2017, 01:53:10 AM
I don't see how will a Bitcoin bank work. I have definitely seen people giving small amount of loans on Bitcointalk itself. But here we are talking about comparatively large organization(centralized) to give loans at big level. Why it won't work is because supply is way too limited along with that the availability of bitcoin in market isn't much as most of the people are merely hoarding it. Bitcoin is highly volatile. These all factors makes lending inefficient.
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
November 20, 2017, 01:46:16 AM
I can't imagine bitcoin bank, bitcoin has no physical money what they are holding which everybody can hold their bitcoin in their own bitcoin wallet. That is why i think bitcoin bank is not applicable in this kind of system if all of has our own blockchain wallet. I think much better is bitcoin ATM which we can withdraw our bitcoin directly.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
November 20, 2017, 12:45:46 AM
For now I don't think that there will be a bitcoin bank anytime soon. A bitcoin ATM may since there are bitcoin ATMs nowadays like in Taiwan. I'm not sure yet how bitcoin can have a typical bank we have now for our money.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
November 19, 2017, 11:25:17 PM
Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.

This is very possible especially many nations now are legalizing bitcoin in which banking system could easily shift to bitcoin system because they are already used or exposed to digital system. Fiat and digital are the same currency that will just depend of accounting and mathematical process in which booth have similarity in talking of financial purpose with only the appearance will be the only difference.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
November 19, 2017, 09:06:20 PM

I am very interested to hear Bitcoin Bank. this is a new breakthrough in the development of Bitcoin, we can see that with the Bitcoin Bank it will be more and more services available. Bitcoin can be increasingly trusted and will also lead to much greater things such as the admission of Bitcoin by the government. Gradually Bitcoin will begin to be recognized for its strength and various financial institutions will facilitate Bitcoin as one of the safest and most reliable methods to use. So with that then Bitcoin will continue to experience a positive movement. this will greatly help Bitcoin and Bitcoin prices will increase.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
November 19, 2017, 09:04:11 PM
Well, i don't think there will be a bitcoin bank because bitcoin is decentralized currency and they are only controlled with a system. Only the blockchain has the authority to keep the millions of bitcoins account around the world so there is no banks that counterfit the blockchain.

Bitcoin being decentralized doesn't mean anything in this regard. Nothing prevents whatever service to name itself a Bitcoin bank and to offer feature similar to that of a traditional bank to the public. At the end of the day, it's just a service, and services are free to do whatever they want if they think there is enough public demand. If we look at how many services there are offering loans, a wide field of advanced trading options, OTC for wealthy clients, a place to store your coins, etc, then it's safe to say that we already have plenty of Bitcoin banks operating in this market already. People however keep focusing too much on traditional banks, which are ancient institutions who haven't changed much in the last few decades....
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
November 19, 2017, 08:45:28 PM

This brings me to a kind of realization that one way or another we really have to end up creating some forms of banks after successfully dismantling the last existing one. Actually, I have heard and read of crypto banks but not specifically Bitcoin Bank. But of course, this can be made. Well, only if such idea is shared by a good number of Bitcoin supporters and loyalists. If not, since Bitcoin is primarily against any central authorities, let alone banks, then it won't prosper.

We will never completely dismantle all of the banks. Do you know why? Because some of them will translation to cryptocurrency technology and blockchain technology actually, I should say, and they will progress and survive, whereas others will not adapt to the new changes and these ones will fail badly and be the ones who lose most from this new shift to decentralization.
Activity: 568
Merit: 250
November 19, 2017, 08:40:42 PM

This brings me to a kind of realization that one way or another we really have to end up creating some forms of banks after successfully dismantling the last existing one. Actually, I have heard and read of crypto banks but not specifically Bitcoin Bank. But of course, this can be made. Well, only if such idea is shared by a good number of Bitcoin supporters and loyalists. If not, since Bitcoin is primarily against any central authorities, let alone banks, then it won't prosper.

Well, i don't think there will be a bitcoin bank because bitcoin is decentralized currency and they are only controlled with a system. Only the blockchain has the authority to keep the millions of bitcoins account around the world so there is no banks that counterfit the blockchain.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
November 19, 2017, 08:32:26 PM

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
November 19, 2017, 08:31:48 PM
Well , that will directly contradict the concept and ideology on which bitcoin is built ! complete decentralization is one of bitcoin's best features and it's creators were aiming for that more importantly than anything else . Having a currency that no politicians or governments control is a level of freedom that is absurd even in the greatest democracies that do exist in our generation , and yet we achieved that level thanks to bitcoin . The currency became a role model in complete independence from any "controller" and is only affected in the way that it's users want it to be , so why loose that ? .

I don't think this is a good idea because the nature of cryptocurrencies is decentralization an you know what? If there were banks it would defeat the purpose of this exactly like you said. We already have exchanges acting as third party middlemen getting involved in between people's money and what they want to do with it and it is causing tons of problems with scams, fraud and theft and this would make it even worse.
Activity: 406
Merit: 156
November 19, 2017, 08:27:53 PM
Well , that will directly contradict the concept and ideology on which bitcoin is built ! complete decentralization is one of bitcoin's best features and it's creators were aiming for that more importantly than anything else . Having a currency that no politicians or governments control is a level of freedom that is absurd even in the greatest democracies that do exist in our generation , and yet we achieved that level thanks to bitcoin . The currency became a role model in complete independence from any "controller" and is only affected in the way that it's users want it to be , so why loose that ? .
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I will do wonder for YOU!!!
November 19, 2017, 08:24:55 PM
I think is will be possible to have a bitcoin bank. With all this craze about bitcoins, anything is possible.
Activity: 504
November 19, 2017, 08:21:43 PM
banks are formed not based on individual or agency groups only, but on recommendations and agreements between countries. so it is very unlikely that bitcoin forms a bank.
Activity: 470
November 18, 2017, 03:40:05 PM
I don't think that it is nessasary to create bank for cryptocurency. But it will be very good if in the near future you can use plastic banking card with you cryptocurency to pay for goods and services or withdraw the cash
Activity: 378
November 18, 2017, 02:34:55 PM

First what is the purpose of having a bank for bitcoin? Bitcoin has a feature of being anonymous and once you have a banks to store it for the purpose of lending it to others or just keeping it on a bank that means that you need to provide your personal information to that bank and eventually your coin will be controlled by that bank, which will make it a centralized currency. Or are you pertaining to a imaginary bank here in the forum like the one in the lending section?
Pages:
Jump to: