Pages:
Author

Topic: Will there ever be a Bitcoin Bank - page 21. (Read 3757 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
November 18, 2017, 02:24:18 PM
Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.
With respect to lending services, I cannot really say about that for now which is why we will keep having banks. However, there are P2P lending services once you have a collateral and there are some projects coming up in such areas, so can we have that? Yes we can!

However, some exchanges are already operating like banks, since they must adhere to the country's regulation policies so bitcoin banks are already here unless you want to keep going the direct P2P way without exchanging to fiat.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
November 18, 2017, 12:39:11 PM
Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.

this could happen if a government in a country already allows bitcoin transactions and can work with local banks.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
November 18, 2017, 12:30:56 PM

This is a good idea but Bitcoin Bank should have a big difference on fiat banks, of course anonymity should still be maintained trust ratings will depend entirely on the persons account performance on a certain website or forum not his personal performance. It may be  more difficult to manage this kind of bank than the existing one.
I mean why bother the whole idea of using bitcoin is to be your own bank, and be in control of your own transactions, all that banks do is hold your money and ask for fees when doing transaction, using online wallets for bitcoin lets you decide how much fee you send, and you can access it at any time and anywhere, the only way i see bitcoin banks working is if they allow you to exchange fiat to bitcoin and vis versa and only then it would be a good idea especialy for the new users and the poeple who are having a hard time getting it.
Activity: 366
November 18, 2017, 12:30:28 PM
In future such a service will surely exist, because right now itself there are people who has got good sum of fiat for investment as well willing to invest into bitcoin. The lack of knowledge about technology lets them keep calm, so such a service will surely benefit such people who are in need.
Activity: 346
November 18, 2017, 12:22:12 PM
im sure bitcoin itself a bank and we hold it safety key to our own bank. just no insurance.. that why we need crypto coin that can be act like a bank and secure a insurance for our bitcoin will be more greatly. this will make more safety..
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
November 18, 2017, 12:12:31 PM
As much as i hate the idea of bitcoin bank, i believe there will be some in the future, although decentralized is the point of having bitcoin, some people will have the need to store their bitcoin somewhere safe. There will be one in the future but i don't know whether it's going to be popular or not.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
November 18, 2017, 12:07:31 PM

in my country there is still no bitcoin bank, but if bitcoin ATM in my country already have some, and already in use, but still little available bitcoin ATM.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 18, 2017, 11:33:47 AM

This is a good idea but Bitcoin Bank should have a big difference on fiat banks, of course anonymity should still be maintained trust ratings will depend entirely on the persons account performance on a certain website or forum not his personal performance. It may be  more difficult to manage this kind of bank than the existing one.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
November 17, 2017, 01:18:03 PM

Your statements are quite confusing but in my understanding what you're trying to tackle is a btc bank but is not really a bank. But anyways, imho there will never be a btc bank because people will not entirely support it. The sole purpose of btc is to be decentralized and Satoshi developed btc to be free of a third party to in securing our money. If there will be a btc bank then the purpose of btc is lost.
Activity: 378
November 17, 2017, 12:25:51 PM

If seen until now did not rule out there will be bitcoin bank Because from year to year there are many new hunters and automatically need a place in doing all forms of transactions later to more easily and efficiently.
Activity: 214
November 17, 2017, 12:12:10 PM

I believe it is possible but not impossible, as in my country the banks are fighting against bitcoin as it is causing many obstacles to their development.
yes the same with your opinion, in my country,  many banks who are struggling to stop the development of bitcoin. because the development of bitcoin is the main obstacle to the development of fiat money.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
November 17, 2017, 08:38:53 AM
I can't really imagine of having that bank specialized only just for bitcoin. Because usually stored in banks are having a physical identity just like fiat money, valuable metals and some important documents. Having this bank(bitcoinbank) is not totally a bad idea because someday we need to secured our bitcoins. Having deposited it on the bank would be one of our options but not of being digital, maybe we should convert it first to fiat money before depositing.
Activity: 317
Merit: 104
Bounty manager
November 17, 2017, 02:34:36 AM

I'm not sure about this. Banks are under the power of each government of different countries. Bitcoin is decentalized so it will appear in contrast. But we don't really need banks to be honest. There are e-wallets where its users are able to store their bitcoin for a long period of time and it is more advantageous since there'll be no one to have access to that wallet except for the user itself so it is more secured in my opinion.

Not necessary because their are already a lot of affiliation with banks. The scheme on bitcoin is like a bank it self and it is even more better than banks themselves. So i would still use wallets than banks for storing. But off course in terms of buying things like cars or loans and houses. I could make banking transactions.
Activity: 377
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
November 17, 2017, 01:49:41 AM

I'm not sure about this. Banks are under the power of each government of different countries. Bitcoin is decentalized so it will appear in contrast. But we don't really need banks to be honest. There are e-wallets where its users are able to store their bitcoin for a long period of time and it is more advantageous since there'll be no one to have access to that wallet except for the user itself so it is more secured in my opinion.
Activity: 648
Merit: 502
November 17, 2017, 01:44:59 AM

Take note : Bitcoin itself is a bank

The largest face of what are you saying is the Bitcoin community back in the days where people are living here and everyone is sharing and making this community lively as they can. Making informative yet supportive, sometimes strict and funny messages all over the threads.

When you want to talk about a bank of systems (implementations of rules and regulations to have a proper approach on how to handle the trasactions of BTC) many platforms are offering that but only few have been successful so far in the industry, because they are still lacking of government support and people handling people is still a big question because BTC itself is bank that no one owns.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
November 17, 2017, 12:03:32 AM
when there will be a bitcoin bank then the government will inside the bank and the bitcoin system will be change from decentralized into centralized. the government will fully controlled bitcoin and we can not see our change to take a part again in bitcoin world and i think if the government is controlling bitcoin then the situation will be change. the government will do everything just to make sure that they can fully controlled bitcoin especially with the price.
Activity: 241
November 16, 2017, 09:46:43 PM
The only bitcoin bank i can think of is the regular bank which includes the possibility to move fiat to crypto and vice versa directly with them.

There are some banks that do that today. But there are also some exchangers who just convert the bitcoin that will be cashed out to fiat and then send it on the bank account of the sender. Bitcoin bank I think is redundant because you can be your own bank using bitcoin. Bitcoin wallets are safe if you really take care of them since it is not that easy to hack bitcoin wallets unless it is in an exchangers wallet.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
November 16, 2017, 09:38:38 PM
When the banks realise that BTC is killing them, they will change their minds and BTC banks will open.

Also there are BTC ATM's in everywhere, so we can easily say that BTC banks will open. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqEdBCKFPAo)
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
November 16, 2017, 09:21:18 PM
I would agree the practical uses for it are yet to be conceived of besides simply securing assets

It will be interesting to see if banks in the future will start to accept Bitcoin alongside other currencies once it becomes more mainstream
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
November 16, 2017, 10:56:39 AM
There is already a bitcoin bank and that is the hardware wallet that you can buy from different websites in the internet. Bitcoin doesn't need any bank because it only promotes centralization which is not a good idea to stick with because we choose bitcoin because we want a decentralization and with the different bitcoin wallets, we are already have our own bitcoin bank.
Pages:
Jump to: