Pages:
Author

Topic: Will USA use bitcoins as a currency next year? - page 2. (Read 1000 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The answer is No.

From what we've seen the only people turning to bitcoin en masse are poor countries with high inflation (Argentina, Venezuela) or people in authoritarian countries where there is real danger of your govt confiscating savings e.g. China which doesn't even recognise the concept of private property in law apart from real estate.

Are Americans afraid their savings and land will be confiscated? No. Which means they have no incentive to use bitcoin. It is for the poor countries...
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
i have been hearing arguments from bitcoiner saying that ther uplines telling them that the US president have took into consideration to use bitcoin as a currency to be used such as paying a cup of coffee and other services. I dont believe it but If its true can somebody tell me the exact story about that stuff.
I think it still takes a very long time to expect the state will begin to adopt bitcoin as their currency may be America is a country that is open for something new but i think it will hard to their goverment would adopt bitcoin.

The governments will never adopt a currency or a payment system which they can't control. And worse, Ben Bernanke and his friends won't be able to mint unlimited amounts of cash, as Bitcoin is protected against inflation. For the next 100 or 200 years, Bitcoin will remain outside government regulation and recognition.
xht
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!
i have been hearing arguments from bitcoiner saying that ther uplines telling them that the US president have took into consideration to use bitcoin as a currency to be used such as paying a cup of coffee and other services. I dont believe it but If its true can somebody tell me the exact story about that stuff.
I think it still takes a very long time to expect the state will begin to adopt bitcoin as their currency may be America is a country that is open for something new but i think it will hard to their goverment would adopt bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
narrowpathnetwork.com
No, it won't.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
The US is having a national currency, and its name is the United States Dollar. The USD happens to be the reserve currency of the world, and the vast majority of the international trade is done using it. Now tell me why the American government would replace the USD (along with the $20 trillion USD worth of treasury bonds) with an obscure crypto-currency invented by some unknown guy?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

US is the first government who is trying to take out bitcoin from the world,  for that show reasons like ISIS usage and under world terrorist usage in bitcoin and many more. As much I know bitcoin is using worldwide but not accept as centralized money. In future bitcoin will be any country's national currency.

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
USA and the whole world is already using bitcoins as currency. Actually, bitcoins were developed to work as currency. As for the government, it is really difficult for them to regulate the transactions so it is really difficult for them to decide what bitcoin is.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
If its accepted and what youre hearing pretty much takes years knowing how slow the govt moves.

It would go through hoops of laws and added with the money transmitter laws being legal adding the word "digital currency and like bitcoin".

Laws are always changing either if its slow or fast, so hopefully youre right?
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
I really doubt it will be next year but I mean eventually when the block size and transaction times get perfected it should get used by everybody eventually right.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Pages:
Jump to: