Pages:
Author

Topic: Will WAVES do better than LISK on the markets? - page 2. (Read 2437 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 513
Comparing them on a technical level doesn't make much sense. They both have different usecases, both interesting, both with huge potential. How they will do in the long run compared to each other depends on how well both teams can deliver. My absolutely non technical gut feeling is that Waves has the shorter way to go to become big, but if Lisk pulls it off, it's gonna be HUGE. And at that point, hopefully, blockchain technology as a whole has grown so much, that the two projects don't have to fight over meager millions of dollars Wink .

I think in the beginning, price will be comparable to LSK, which means between 60-80k. Waves can only grow so much and a lot of it's growth happened during the ICO. I think it is foolish to disregard that fact and just say "Waves collected more funds, so it's going to be bigger". No. The growth started when the ICO was announced.
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
Probably about the same for the first week.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I thought waves was supposed to be getting integrated into mycelium wallet as well? surely if thats the case then it should be a massive boost to waves when they can be stored and traded in one of the most successful android platform wallets? Or did i miss read that somewhere?
Activity: 281
Waves is Ripple without the baggage. Cya Ripple.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Waves will surpass Ripple on Coinmarketcap. Waves is an evolution of what Ripple attempted to be, its blockchain and banking in one platform so dont compare it to Lisk.

Have you been following Ripple? Ripple is deeply involved with many many banks and they just received a BitLicense to start selling XRP directly to financial institutions: http://www.coindesk.com/new-york-bitlicense-ripple/

MIT is now running one of their validating nodes, so is Microsoft. There's talk of R3 partnering with Ripple.

SBI Holdings is getting ready to sell XRP on their securities exchanges.

The list goes on...

Buy and HODL.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
I think this both the same.. they are just good and high price value in the first time and it will reduce the price sooner or few weeks.. just like the other shitcoin they are starting high price until low price to sell all ico coins..
Activity: 350
Bitcoins biggest wallet partners with waves, nuff said. Lisk can only dream of such thing. Waves going to be third on coinmarketcap, you heard it here first.
Activity: 462
I love to trade
I don't think, waves rised more just because lisk got pumped after the release, and since they were something like antagonist, it's ok compare them, but I don't think waves will do it much better!
Activity: 454
This industry is pure fiction
Waves will surpass Ripple on Coinmarketcap. Waves is an evolution of what Ripple attempted to be, its blockchain and banking in one platform so dont compare it to Lisk.

This is purely a market performance question. I am not comparing the two on a tech level.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Longterm lisk will be trending to 0 and waves will be trending towards billion$ marketcaps.

How the launch goes is impossible to say though, i'm guessing it'll be a flat launch.
We cannot really predict these things.  But what do you mean in saying 'do better'?  Do you mean their coin/tokens do well in the market or do you mean will the platform get enough users to become successful?
I mean how well their tokens will do on the market in terms of price and overall marketcap.

Of course we can't really predict these things as a certainty.

Ah then it's just a matter of common people and the big whales buying in, thereby increasing their marketcap.  That can be manipulated...  Easily.

On the other hand if their respective platforms do get enough meaningful users, that's a more solid statement that they 'did well'.  A lot of platforms were created and tried, but I have yet to see a truly successful platform in wide use today.

And this is the issue. Great tech, innovation, and outlook doesn't always mean a high marketcap in this industry. As I wrote earlier, look at NXT. I see waves as a kind of Crypto 2.0 version of NXT.

I think LISK might have been the last properly profitable crowdsale in market terms. Lisk raised approx $6m and now has marketcap of $45m, The DAO raised $168m and now has marketcap of $150m. Even though WAVES has raised $16m I'm not sure it'll break $50m (or even $30m)

This is not based on science, just based on what's been going on recently. And to be real about it, most people invest in these ICO/crowdsales for profit on the markets. That's what I'm looking at.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
We cannot really predict these things.  But what do you mean in saying 'do better'?  Do you mean their coin/tokens do well in the market or do you mean will the platform get enough users to become successful?

Whichever he mean, they don't categorically be compared but since he did. i think Lisk is no match to WAVES.
Activity: 281
RK Coin Services - Alt Coins Dev (ETH-BTC & More)
WAVES will be great! LISK not so well (because it is ripoff from another coin).  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
Activity: 317
I support you. Angry
Activity: 350
If you mean the price and market cap, then the question is, when? In the first days, when the initial dump by the day traders is happening to waves while lisk has more or less passed that stage, maybe waves will have less market cap for a while. At the end of 2016 I believe waves will be bigger than lisk and have a higher market cap though. Smiley

Agree with you.
Maybe not at the begining but waves will be bigger then lisk. The ICO already was bigger than lisk ico.

Waves have a better project too, with more use than dapps so.. i'm betting in waves for now.

ps: as a trader, i do have a few lisks at the moment, because lisk will grow for now, i just dont think lisk will be bigger than waves.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
waves have no substance, just scammer easy pocketing from morons missing lisk ico. waves crazy promises of paycoin and eth scam play book with no substance
these moron will hype the craps out of this soon in hope of double or triple their investment in short 2 weeks.
Activity: 394
i think YES, because Waves team is more market oriented  Huh
Activity: 420
WAVES will be bigger coinmarketcap. great platform.
Will WAVES do better than LISK on the markets?

I don't know why you are comparing Lisk with Waves if they are totally different projects with different purposes. It would make sense comparing ETH with Lisk or Waves with NXT or BTS. Waves is a token platform that aims to fiat integration via gateways while Lisk aims for blockchain applications.
That may be so, but they will ultimately be judged by this
http://coinmarketcap.com/
Pages:
Jump to: