Pages:
Author

Topic: Will you accept bitcoin as your salary? - page 80. (Read 183554 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Yueno
September 03, 2016, 11:50:10 PM
For me yes because I am a SEO analyst. I managed website advertisement and the company me online and they use bitcoin as a payment so it is ok for me and also I would rather bitcoin to be pay on me because the value increase time by time.
Activity: 406
September 03, 2016, 05:34:11 PM
I don't like reciving my salary in currency what i can't use in my country, better to recive it in fiat, cause exchanging bitcoins everytime is not so good.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
September 03, 2016, 03:56:14 PM
Of course, especially if i do some part-time job in forum, I will ask them to pay my salary by bitcoin, which is faster and easier than bank transfer.
That is true but a issue that will occur is that most of the people spend their salary throughout the month so whats the use of taking bitcoins when you cannot save it ? Yes if someone is rich and earns huge maybe he/she can do it.
I personally love the idea yet I think its difficult to implement.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
September 03, 2016, 01:12:56 PM
I would like to accept it, but the bitcoin ecosystem needs to evolve to brings more stability, where I live still there are not many shops that accept btc or cryptocurrencies in general.

That is the main problem that we are facing and only because of that we are hesitating in accepting our salary in bitcoins, if we would be able to buy anything with bitcoin then I would surely go for it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 03, 2016, 01:10:38 PM
I would like to accept it, but the bitcoin ecosystem needs to evolve to brings more stability, where I live still there are not many shops that accept btc or cryptocurrencies in general.
Activity: 840
September 03, 2016, 12:48:35 PM
Bitcoin is being used on many gambling sites and they can manaage little flictuation in the bitcoin price biut if i accept it as my slary en its price flictuation can cause  damage on my life aand salary is important for my servival

Yeah we need fixed income to take care of our expenses and family and bitcoin will never give us stable income, sometimes it will be higher and sometimes lower which can be very risky.
Activity: 910
Merit: 509
September 03, 2016, 12:45:38 PM
Even if I will like to receive my salary in bitcoin right now is not very convenient to me since there is not a lot of places in which I can spend the bitcoin instead of Fiat.
You will ask them is good, but will they allow to pay you in bitcoins ? I think that is the biggest problem.

I was making a banner for someone yesterday on skype and asked him bitcoins as a payment but the guy refused immediately saying he don't use it. How to deal with such people ;( ( though he paid me later via perfectmoney )
Activity: 84
September 03, 2016, 12:34:13 PM
So, to break down the comments:

People who would take it as their salary:
  • A. Like that it decentralized and not under government control, giving them more freedom.
  • B. Know how to budget and plan to convert to fiat when the price is up.
  • C. See a bright future for bitcoin.

People who would not take it as their salary:
  • A. Only have and/or are interested in one source of income.
  • B. Don't know the difference between a currency and a commodity and see bitcoin only as a cryptocommodity.
  • C. Are good little sheep and don't want to make their masters angry.

Is that about right, did I miss anything?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
September 03, 2016, 12:33:07 PM
Bitcoin is being used on many gambling sites and they can manaage little flictuation in the bitcoin price biut if i accept it as my slary en its price flictuation can cause  damage on my life aand salary is important for my servival
Activity: 798
September 03, 2016, 12:29:41 PM
Surely I could accept some of it in Bitcoin as well. There are people who complain about the volatility, but it has been much worse in the past, and has improved over the years.

There is no guarantee that price will remain stable in future or it will keep on going higher, it may even go below $400 in future  so in that case it would be risky to receive salary in bitcoins.

It would definitely not be risky if the company pays you the value of your salary regardless of the price of bitcoin, for example if your salary is $200 then the company must pay you $200 in bitcoin no matter what the price is that time, if the price is $400 you should get 0.5btc and if the price is $200 then you should get 1btc.
But, if the company pays you a fixed amount of bitcoins as salary then that can be a problem for you if the price is low though it can be better for you if the price is high.

No company will pay you according to the rates of bitcoin as in your offer letter your fixed salary is clearly mention, so if your salary is 1 btc then company will pay you only 1 btc and they will not bother about the price of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 1654
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
September 03, 2016, 12:14:27 PM
Absolutely NO! Because of few reasons, One the main reason is the i have a doubt that if bitcoin will go to up to that level, mean people started paying salaries and bitcoin are accepted at shopping stores, I'm damn sure it will be banned by the most of the government. Because BTC as a decentralised and being not able to locate from where it coming and where it going it will most probably be used by Terrorist. Secondly, because of its high volatility no one, I believe accepts it as a Salary.
Activity: 672
September 03, 2016, 12:13:13 PM
Surely I could accept some of it in Bitcoin as well. There are people who complain about the volatility, but it has been much worse in the past, and has improved over the years.

There is no guarantee that price will remain stable in future or it will keep on going higher, it may even go below $400 in future  so in that case it would be risky to receive salary in bitcoins.

It would definitely not be risky if the company pays you the value of your salary regardless of the price of bitcoin, for example if your salary is $200 then the company must pay you $200 in bitcoin no matter what the price is that time, if the price is $400 you should get 0.5btc and if the price is $200 then you should get 1btc.
But, if the company pays you a fixed amount of bitcoins as salary then that can be a problem for you if the price is low though it can be better for you if the price is high.
Activity: 924
Lick me like a lolipop
September 03, 2016, 12:09:21 PM

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
September 03, 2016, 12:06:10 PM

Yeah, the luidity is much better nowadays, getting salary with bitcoin must be a happy and pleasant thing.
September 03, 2016, 11:54:30 AM
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
September 03, 2016, 10:58:52 AM
I think that I would accept part of it in BTC. We certainly need to start to doing this, to encourage more people use it as well.

I think if you are a wise person you didnt accept bitcoin as a salary because there are chances that the price of it will dump, so theres a chances that your salary will dump, and if you accept bitcoin as a salary you need to wait more time to cashout this salary. If the salary is in the ATM it is fast to use than in bitcoin.

Its always good to receive salary in fiat as if you receive salary in bitcoins and if price falls then you need to wait longer to convert your bitcoins to fiat till it goes higher and there is no guarantee that it  will go higher.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 568
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
September 03, 2016, 10:02:17 AM
I think that I would accept part of it in BTC. We certainly need to start to doing this, to encourage more people use it as well.

I think if you are a wise person you didnt accept bitcoin as a salary because there are chances that the price of it will dump, so theres a chances that your salary will dump, and if you accept bitcoin as a salary you need to wait more time to cashout this salary. If the salary is in the ATM it is fast to use than in bitcoin.
Activity: 812
September 03, 2016, 10:00:27 AM

No company will pay you in parts, either accept full salary in bitcoins or in fiat, choice is yours but at a moment its risky to accept in bitcoin as price is not too high and it may even fall in coming months.
September 03, 2016, 09:57:01 AM
legendary
Activity: 840
September 03, 2016, 08:46:34 AM
yes i will accept my salary in bitcoin because bitcoin is very useful in everywhere corner of the wold and we can buy any product through bitcoin with easily and with fastest transaction .

Are you sure? I haven't experienced that.. When I have to purchase something I need to convert my bitcoin to cash and only few items are priced with bitcoin and mostly are digital goods...  You are lucky if you could maximize the use of your bitcoin...  Smiley

I don't what he is saying is true, as everyone is complaining that they cannot use bitcoins directly and I don't think that there are many countries where bitcoin is accepted so easily.

It is indeed true and that is very disappointing. But it also doesn't have a bad impact on our lives, because we can still Exchange bitcoin into fiat. For now I prefer to invest in the bitcoin: for this I guess more profitable

But if you accept your salary in bitcoin and if you are going to convert it to fiat then that doesn't make any sense to accept salary in bitcoins, and its not possible to use bitcoins anywhere at a moment.
Pages:
Jump to: