Pages:
Author

Topic: Windows Update Problem on mining rigs.... - page 3. (Read 965 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 4
February 28, 2018, 11:40:37 AM
Try setting your connection as "Metered Connection" and active time from 6AM to 12AM.

That works for me.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
February 28, 2018, 11:29:36 AM
for me, only disabling the services windows update on services.msc do the trick just fine
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
February 27, 2018, 06:50:46 PM
Yeah I totally feel you, I've been there,
you can't disable windows updates in win 10 just like that as you did in earlier windows,
unless you use a very useful windows tool called "Local Group Policy Editor"

you can find it in search by typing "gpedit"

Once you open it, navigate to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update

Select, edit and set state of "Configure Automatic Updates" policy setting to Disabled

Also if you're having problems with windows updates constantly updating your graphic card drivers and/or other programs without your permission, such as in scenario where you have older cards like fiji running in your rig which have best equihash hashrate on 16.7.3 drivers
Then you should set "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" policy setting to Enabled

You won't have windows updates bother you anymore, EVER!
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
February 27, 2018, 06:15:01 PM

Windows Update is disabled but Windows updates itself automatically. I tried all of the tricks on the google, but no help. Do you have any trouble with the windows 10 updates ?
Pages:
Jump to: