Pages:
Author

Topic: winner has been decided see other thread for results - page 2. (Read 32453 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
This is what I am willing to do. I am reluctant to change the terms of the raffle but on the other hand I am really busy with another project right now which is why I am not on the forum much lately so I will set a deadline.

I will give this a maximum of six more weeks.

If all the tickets do not sell by June 18th - I will use the first block solved after 12:01AM on June 19th to Pick a Winner from tickets 1-300, if it picks a ticket number that is not sold we will go to the second solved block after 12:01 on June 19th and continue on in that fashion until the raffle ticket number picker picks a number of a ticket that has been sold, as soon as a winner is picked I will ship the prize to the winner that same day.

If the Tickets sell out before June 18th we will pick the winner as described in the beginning

and Either way no matter how many tickets I sell I will still donate 60 BTC to the Forum.

I am sorry this was not as much of a success as I thought it would of been, I will continue to advertise the best I can and I welcome you to do the same and send me any suggestions you might have on how we can sell more tickets.

Thanks for participating, and thanks to those who have showed patience and composure.

donator
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I've watched the site for a while now and I for one have not even thought about buying a ticket until there were a lot more tickets sold.  I could do quite a bit with 1 BTC in the time it will likely that for all the tickets to sell.  I say set a date and the tickets will sell quickly, if they don't refund everyone on that date.

Thanks for chiming in randomproof.

Yes, that is a common trend in such raffles: There's a sales momentum at the beginning, and another one towards the end. By not setting an end date Cablepair set himself up to loose that wave towards the end. I PM'd him about that, and he just answered. I'll keep watching where this is going...

Note: I edited my original message here as Cablepair did respond to my last PM now and I'm eagerly awaiting where this is going  Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Perhaps add a second prize like a small mining contract(maybe 1 to 5 GH/s for a day or two) or cheap video card like the 5770.
Activity: 456
poor 7970.. just sitting in a box.. wasting away.. all lonely.. collecting dust.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
I've watched the site for a while now and I for one have not even thought about buying a ticket until there were a lot more tickets sold.  I could do quite a bit with 1 BTC in the time it will likely that for all the tickets to sell.  I say set a date and the tickets will sell quickly, if they don't refund everyone on that date.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician
I think you should get rid of the i-frame display of tickets. It's an eyesore and all of those buy buttons create information overload.

I suggest a new display called "Drive for Charity":

• At the top, a dashboard and the center guage is the percentage of tickets sold
  • The Wheel of Wiz - a flashy, spinny, wheel of fortune like remaining ticket randomizer
  • 300 buttons that when clicked can be tallied allowing multi-purchase (buttons require less space)
  • When hovering over a button it slides out of the way of the clicker, teasing (20% of the time)

Chester the Suggester; Questions 3

• How many tickets do you want to buy?
  • What are your 2 favorite numbers?
  • Pick a direction: North, South, East, West

Purchasing must be fast fast fast, don't give them time to think. If it takes longer than 15 seconds to buy a ticket peoples impulse euphoria has waned and you lose a sale.

Just some fun thoughts.

Cheers

Edit: vbulletin is so much nicer. Tongue
donator
One month down, 25% sold, so at least 3 more exciting months to come!
In addition, this now lacks momentum, and the probable waiting time is going to scare new customers off. It's an evil cycle.

Absolutely right, one more reason to define an end date just in case.

I even speculate that once there's an end date and we're approaching that date with only a low number of tickets sold, some people may recognize the great odds to win and buy extra tickets.

Cablepair, any thoughts?

Activity: 609
Merit: 500
yeah I'm starting to get cold feet, too, maybe set a date for like June 1 or something.  SOme people might just be watching until it's almost done before they enter, so that they know it's not a dead raffle
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
In addition, this now lacks momentum, and the probable waiting time is going to scare new customers off. It's an evil cycle.
donator

I will not change the terms of the raffle,  it would be dishonest.

I think it would be dishonest to sit on people's funds and the prize forever.

JUST SET A PROSPECTIVE END DATE, CABLEPAIR!

by the time this raffle is over.. that 7970 will be a collectors item!

Dirtycat, did you get your ticket refund?

nope I was DENIED! lol
donator

Dirtycat, did you get your ticket refund?
donator
Its not the raffle its me.

I don't think it's you.

For me as well as some others I noticed it's the lack of an end date on this raffle that causes discomfort.
And this effect is compounding the longer this is going on without an end in sight.

Just add an end date and pick the winner by the method Giga used (as I mentioned before it works with non-sequential ticket numbers too).
That might actually make people buy some more tickets (as they calculate their chances of winning by the number of tickets sold).

If someone more popular was doing this raffle with the same results he would be defending them not putting them down.
Granted, I would kill for gigavps' mining farm, but I have no problems with his raffles because they are structured in a nice, legitimate, and easy way. There are no lower or upper limits in terms of ticket count, and the raffle ends on the date set, regardless of how many were sold.

I can even appreciate the risk gigavps is taking, because there is no guarantee that he will sell enough tickets to cover the service or product being raffled away.

The problem with your raffle is that you obviously don't care to either refund people, or buy the remaining tickets. In fact, it's such a failure that people are selling their part of the deal (thus the shakaru reference).

Edit: You say you don't want to refund people because that would be a violation of the rules set forth in the original post; to whose disadvantage would refunds be?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
8 tickets sold today.

terrytibbs has had it out for me for months. Its not the raffle its me.

If someone more popular was doing this raffle with the same results he would be defending them not putting them down.

Terry I'm calling you out on this one because people defend you all the time for being a straight up guy and this is complete FUD you are spreading

I set the terms of the raffle on day 1 and have not changed them, I will hold up my end of the bargain and shame on you for trying to associate this with some kind of scam.

donator
I am just curious how you plan to transfer ownership of the tickets?

By sending an email from the email account used for the ticket purchase (the 'identifier') to both Cablepair and the buyer requesting to change the entry. I don't mind having this email also include my Bit-Pay receipt for confirmation.

Even if that doesn't work, there's still a record of it and the new owner can make a claim based on that if anything goes wrong. Not just that, if the new owner doesn't find the SHA of his email address in the final list (we know the method of drawing a winner), then he/she can still search for the SHA of the email address I provided to both the new owner and Cablepair. I can also announce that right in this thread (of course I'd just use forum handles in the thread).

OK, I put my tickets up for auction of Bitmit.net:
https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/2416-raffle-tickets-lot-of-3-for-saphire-radeon-hd-7970/description

Yet another channel of advertising CablePair's raffle.  Smiley
That is an unfair comparison.  This has not happened yet.
I was more referring to the fact that people are now selling whatever stake they had in the raffle, because it doesn't seem like it's going to go down any time soon, and that cablepair may be using the funds to generate additional profits by investing it in other ventures.

Shak will never happen, ever.
You don't know that.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
This is starting to look like the shakaru fiasco.
That is an unfair comparison.  This has not happened yet.  Shak will never happen, ever.
This is starting to look like the shakaru fiasco.
Pages:
Jump to: