Pages:
Author

Topic: winner has been decided see other thread for results - page 4. (Read 32453 times)

Activity: 456
Merit: 250
So Cablepair, what will it be?

I suggest you define an end date, pick the block hash after that end date and use that method to determine a winner:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-50gh-1-week-mining-contract-worth-230-btc-77442
That method works even with non-continuous ticket numbers.

Otherwise I'll ask you to refund my BTC.
At this point I don't think any amount of advertising will sell all the tickets (unless you buy them yourself).

And I hope others will start to make requests to determine an end date for this and have some decision.

+1
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC

I suggest you define an end date, pick the block hash after that end date and use that method to determine a winner:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-50gh-1-week-mining-contract-worth-230-btc-77442

At this point I don't think any amount of advertising will sell all the tickets (unless you buy them yourself).

And I hope others will start to make requests to determine an end date for this and have some decision.

+1
donator
Activity: 448

donator
Cablepair, I believe this is the time for you to speak up...
well ill take my bitcoin back if refunds are gonna be sent out. 
donator
Options:

1. Add an end date.
2. Refund all btc and sell it.
3. Sell it and split the money - expenses to those who have tickets.
4. Halve the price of tickets and give every ticket holder another ticket selected at random.
5. Pay for more advertising and lose more money.
6. Do nothing.
7. Once you've reached more than ~600$ + 60 btc worth of ticket, slowly buy the remainder and be done with it. (April 3)
8. Mine with it and share profits among those who purchased tickets.

Just ideas.
Card now worth ... ~450 $ ... going down.

It's not the ideal mining card anyways.

donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
Options:

1. Add an end date.
4. Halve the price of tickets and give every ticket holder another ticket selected at random.
6. Do nothing.
7. Once you've reached more than ~600$ + 60 btc worth of ticket, slowly buy the remainder and be done with it. (April 3)
8. Mine with it and share profits among those who purchased tickets.

Just ideas.
Card now worth ... ~450 $ ... going down.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
Options:

1. Add an end date.
6. Do nothing.

Just ideas.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Options:

1. Add an end date.
6. Do nothing.

Just ideas.
So where is this going?
donator
I am looking for ways to speed things up, and I dont mind spending money to do so - if anyone has any advertising suggestions I would be happy to hear them!

Thanks for playing!

At some point you are going to spend more on advertising than receive in ticket sales. At what point does it make sense to cut your loses and call this thing done?

I will not change the terms of the raffle,  it would be dishonest. The terms I made at the beginning of this raffle will not be changed, it would be wrong to change them for better or for worse...

People who have actually purchased tickets have been contacting me and giving me ideas on how I can better advertise and I appreciate stuff like this, I will be following through with this and please keep them coming boys I have no problem spending money if it will further this raffle, I will do what it takes to make this happen.

Well, I'm not so sure about that, I would think it would be unfair to sit on people's coins forever and keep the prize, in case all tickets are not sold.
That's debatable for me, and I guess many others would agree depending on how long this is going to continue, after all BTC is about the >50%  Cheesy

For future raffles you might want to put in an end date in case that there are not all tickets sold. Of course then you have the issue of picking a winner with a sparse set of ticket numbers, that requires additional rules (like trying the next block if a match to a valid ticket number cannot be found, or re-indexing the ticket number base to have a new smaller set of sequential numbers).

Anyways, just more than 20% sold, that's better than last time I checked.

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
I am looking for ways to speed things up, and I dont mind spending money to do so - if anyone has any advertising suggestions I would be happy to hear them!

Thanks for playing!

At some point you are going to spend more on advertising than receive in ticket sales. At what point does it make sense to cut your loses and call this thing done?

I will not change the terms of the raffle,  it would be dishonest. The terms I made at the beginning of this raffle will not be changed, it would be wrong to change them for better or for worse...

People who have actually purchased tickets have been contacting me and giving me ideas on how I can better advertise and I appreciate stuff like this, I will be following through with this and please keep them coming boys I have no problem spending money if it will further this raffle, I will do what it takes to make this happen.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps

Thanks for playing!

looks like your selling a ticket a day.. should have this wrapped up in about 8 months.. im excited!

Thanks for playing!
looks like your selling a ticket a day.. should have this wrapped up in about 8 months.. im excited!
gigavps: if your concerned why not buy a ticket yourself? Smiley

We actually have sold three tickets today, also

You havent seen anything yet buddy, I am buying up advertising but it takes time. I am involved in two advertising auctions right now , one ends in 9 hours and my big one (buying four advertising slots on the forum) ends in 2 days.

I dont know why 3 days is so concerning, the terms are very simple and plain for everyone to see, theoretically this raffle could go on for 100 years but I am going to do my best to make sure that it ends as soon as possible.

I will not change the terms of the raffle, that would be wrong.

I will continue to push advertising and spend money on advertising until all the tickets are sold, if yours or any one elses expectations are that this raffle is going to only last a week or that if things slow down I am going to change the terms of the raffle you are mistaken and should not buy a ticket.

vip
Test, 1, 2, 3, test! Is this raffle still on?
Seems you lost steam...

Looks like 56 tickets have been sold now.

So I've seen advertising for this raffle but no more ticket sales. Cablepair, what is you plan to finish out this raffle with no sales made in the last 3 days?
Time to start another push in advertising! Big CoinAD Advertisement going up today among others

3 More Days until Our Four Advertising Slots on this Forum Begin - that will be a big push

lots of tickets left

Brand new Saphire Radeon HD 7970 - win for only 1 Bitcoin!

Thanks to everyone who has participated!

Sponsored by CoinRaffle.com and BTCWebHost.com
Seems you lost steam...

This is to be expected, we are in a lull at the moment but I am gearing up for a big round of advertising. For one thing I am buying four advertising slots on this forum which will start on the 17th, that is going to be a big source of ticket sales

Also going to renew ads today at:

feedzebirdz  / twitter
CoinAd.com
Anonymous Ads

also organizing facebook campaign - and looking into a way to get bitcoin newbies into the action with easy coins

dont worry we have another surge of ticket sales coming on the horizon - thanks for being patient! Smiley

vip
Seems you lost steam...

Looks like 56 tickets have been sold now.
Pages:
Jump to: