Pages:
Author

Topic: with $2000 Which coins would you buy? - page 3. (Read 4793 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
January 17, 2014, 03:36:10 AM
$2000 can buy alot of bitcoin mining contracts.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
January 17, 2014, 03:25:02 AM
I think DOGE is a good bet as well, because it is really low. Also the Worldcoin is interesting with it's strong community behind it!
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
January 17, 2014, 01:03:49 AM
I would invest in doge , it has been in the news a lot lately and there is a ton of support for it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Litecoin Association Director
January 17, 2014, 01:02:40 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/01/13/a-100-worth-of-litecoin-a-year-ago-is-worth-30000-today/

Litecoin (LTC) all the way. Very undervalued right now and the number 2 crypto-currency.
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
January 17, 2014, 12:10:26 AM
$1800 Bitcoin
$200 Dogecoin

If Crypto succeeds it will be Bitcoin first. However, I am completely convinced you will want to be into at least 3 Alt coins as your Bitcoin hoard grows. Add some LTC as you get more cash.

right now i hold BTC, DOGE, and LTC. Everything else I only mess around with to get more BTC, DOGE, LTC.

Watch the Alts carefully though, one will rival Bitcoin in 5 years.
Activity: 20
January 16, 2014, 11:58:02 PM
I thought I would spread around some BTCs into alternative coins. I wish I wouldn't have bothered.
One exchange I used was BTer.com because it was the only place that seemed to have the largest variety of coins I was interested in. For instance ProtoCoins.

In the end, not a fan of low-amount dabbling in other coins on BTer. For example, for some reason I was allowed to BUY 10 quarkcoins. But now I can't sell them because I don't have enough of them.  The 0.18% transaction cost on everything  really adds up too. Also found out that since the exchange holds the coins for you, then you can't get any of the benefit ProtoCoins offers (such as matched coins from their new offerings).

Having said all that though, I think some full on non-dabbling is warranted. Early on, the developers at FeatherCoin looked like they were creating something good, and it would have been a great speculative buy. LiteCOin has a lot of action going on for it overseas and should be strong. FastCoin is... fast.  Which they are trying to leverage.  Just do some homework, and watch CoinMarketCap to watch the tide of money.
Activity: 476
Gone......
January 16, 2014, 11:20:06 PM
$2000 Velocity Coin
Activity: 56
January 16, 2014, 10:56:50 PM
With $2000 dollars I will buy

$500 worth of Litecoins
$500 worth of Dogecoins
$500 worth of Namecoins
$500 worth of Peercoins

LOL Smiley
Activity: 29
January 16, 2014, 10:39:47 PM
I'm definitely not an expert by any means and I squandered my opportunities to buy in when BTC and LTC were low... now the altcoin that is most interesting to me is DevCoin (however due to the massive amount of devcoins out there I don't foresee their value jumping anytime soon). Although there's a few others that look promising. I think it's going to take a cryptocurrency that is novel and forward thinking and not just gimmicky or trying to capitalize on perceived fads (ANN, I'm looking at you, although who knows how that'll pan out) to have any real staying power or growth potential. I'm sure we'll see many more "pump and dump" coins in the near future. I would probably split up my money and put 3/4ths into some of the better known coins that look like they'll have positive growth and gamble the other 1/4th.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
January 16, 2014, 10:19:18 PM
First post here, and I think this is a decent thread to make it in.  I have been reading a decent amount trying to get educated on the variety of coins out there, and honestly outside Bit, LIT and maybe DOGE (due to the rapid growth) I don't think I would physically purchase any of the cryto coins.  That said, from what I have seen most people are just using the others to get bit anyways so if you don't have a lot of time to burn, or don't want to mess around with trying to download 10 different wallets for each coin then I would suggest just going straight for bit.  You don't have to use the exchanges, and could cruise through Craigslist and do a local meet up. 

That brings me to my next point, actual gold and silver (physical coins) are both at relatively lower spot prices, and that would be where I would recommend spending your cash first if you haven't yet.

Activity: 8
January 16, 2014, 08:18:25 PM
Im all about the dogecoin! Keep an eye on it!   Grin
Activity: 6
January 16, 2014, 08:02:52 PM
If you want to invest for medium to long term you need to research coins that have unique features (not Bitcoin/Litecoin clones). You also need to beware of scamcoins which are either premined or instamined. And keep in mind if Bitcoin goes down, altcoins will follow.

From $2000 I would put:

$350 into Litecoin
$350 into Peercoin
$350 into Namecoin
$350 into Stablecoin
$600 into Bitcoin

They all have unique features and strong communities behind them. Make sure you never invest more than you can afford to lose!
Activity: 7
January 16, 2014, 10:20:09 AM
Guys really  Grin
If you are thinking about long term investment, you should think about the possible future of each coin. All crypto-coins are very risky investment, even bitcoin. Now it is like wild-west, many alt-coins are trying to have a piece of the crypto-bussiness, to be "like bitcoin" and I believe most of them will fade away in to the dust. There will be only few survivors and I think it will be those who make their way into real world, to the merchants and to the people.

You think any merchant will ever use some doge coin which was developed because the dev behind really like the Shiba Inu and dogs in general ?

Would you personally accept some virtual crypto currency (which needs a lot of faith in crypto itself) DOGE coin as a payment for your goods/services ?  Grin
Activity: 2
January 16, 2014, 09:21:36 AM
1st choice doge...i believe in the dog...then, maybe ltc...been alternating mining doge and ltc for now...
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
January 16, 2014, 08:42:57 AM
I wouldn't waste any money on any other coins other than Bitcoin.
Activity: 7
January 16, 2014, 07:07:05 AM
Guys seriously Doge Coin ? I know you love your dogs, I love mine too, but I would not invest real money on a coin based on a joke and hype.

My recommendation is World Coin. It has some features that other cryptos don't have and it is being developed for real use. There is also some serious development and support behind which I believe will make the price skyrocket next moth. WDC price is very low so I think NOW is the best time to buy.
The animals coin like Doge, Cat, Elephant etc. are just hype where you can gain in short-term, but I don't see a potential for long time investment.
Activity: 23
January 16, 2014, 04:42:26 AM
Doge and lite and 25% spread out among the new coins... but I like gambling...
Activity: 647
Merit: 510
Counterpartying
January 16, 2014, 02:13:59 AM
Bitcoin all the way
Activity: 280
time
January 16, 2014, 02:13:10 AM
Megacoin doesn't get enough exposure but I assure you it will be in the top 5 currencies by the end of 2014.

Buy BTC and LTC to get into other currencies then flip your earnings.

/thread.
Activity: 8
January 16, 2014, 01:10:05 AM
 Invest in e-Coin. The next 2 generation crypto currency
Pages:
Jump to: