Pages:
Author

Topic: with the high transaction fees btc makes me stronger to hold btc. - page 4. (Read 370 times)

Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
1: having expensive btc transaction fees makes me stronger to hold on to btc because I don't want to waste my money on expensive transaction fees.
It is passively holding your bitcoins, not proactively. You are forced to hold your bitcoins because you don't want to waste too many satoshis for transaction fees. If you don't proactively do holding it, you will return to not holding it when mempools are clearer and network has cheaper transaction fees.

when TX fees are this high you hinder and restrict people who want to spend BTC like a currency that it is, and restricting people from using BTC as a currency is a very big problem. BTC is not only an investment option, and your post makes it feel as if it is only good for that.
Different people will consider Bitcoin differently.

It can be very valuable with you but valueless with others. You can consider it as a payment method but with others, they don't. You can just use Bitcoin for trading but with others they do neither like Bitcoin for trading or investment.

Bitcoin can be an asset of value storage for you but it is nothing with others. People who used very crazy fee rates for BRC20 tokens, Ordinals have their reasons to do so and you can not stop them. They will stop when they realize something like Ordinals, BRC20 tokens are useless, no value at all.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
I don't see TX fees this high as an advantage or a positive, BTC is a 'free' currency that should be used anyhow the owner wants it. You can hold it for the long term even if TX fees are normal, you don't need high TX fees to do that, but when TX fees are this high you hinder and restrict people who want to spend BTC like a currency that it is, and restricting people from using BTC as a currency is a very big problem. BTC is not only an investment option, and your post makes it feel as if it is only good for that.
Activity: 347
Merit: 140
As we all know lately, lots of people are transacting BTC and causing traffic jams because of the many queues for BTC transactions, and BTC transaction fees are expensive if you want to be fast.

And I, as a btc investor who is still a beginner, in my opinion, with expensive btc transaction fees, I see this as a positive thing because I have the following reasons.

1: having expensive btc transaction fees makes me stronger to hold on to btc because I don't want to waste my money on expensive transaction fees.

2: my goal of investing in btc is for a long term investment so with expensive transaction fees
makes me stronger holding btc, because my goal is to invest in btc for the long term.

i want to hear your opinion,,,
and are you freaking out about the high btc transaction fees...?

but in my opinion if transacting btc it would be better to use a cheap transaction method.
Pages:
Jump to: