Pages:
Author

Topic: With the newest news from China, how much BTC did you buy? - page 2. (Read 472 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 255
Hello everyone!

So i have to ask... With the newest ban in China, the price is obviously falling again. Also the US banks baning credit card use to buy crypto hurts too. So i have to ask... How much BTC did you buy in this unexpected flash sale? Or are you waiting for the 6000$ mark?

Also, if there is someone with conenxions to China, what do people planning on doing there now? Will they try using VPN? I think it would be too much trouble for the common folk... On the other hand, it will put away the weak ones and onyl strong will remain...

In my opinion, someone over there is filling their pockets with BTC right now. In few months, we wil see the Ban released with some "regulations in mind". And someone will be really, really rich...
If anyone is guilty of this I will say it has to be Chinese politicians, they know they hold an incredible amount of power to manipulate the price, so they are using it not only to deprive their citizens of the opportunity to break free from their control, they are using it to do insider trading, think about all the money they have earned if they shorted bitcoin at the right time, and then they can buy bitcoin with huge discounts.
Activity: 266
Merit: 122
We are heading again the $6000 marks but never lose hope folks, this is the time that we have to show our support to bitcoin. Let's buy and hold them and do not become hesitant in making investments, keep holding because the moment you panic and sell your coins will not help the market to recover, instead it makes the situation worst. We need to show some support so be patience and wait till our market recover again.
Activity: 476
Merit: 124
My strategy in buying BTC is cost averaging method. I always put 20% of my salary every month in BTC and has a target of 2 years before I take profit. I believe that this current market trend is being influenced by repeated FUDs caused by China since 2014 along with other negative news in mainstream media.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
The china news has always driven me crazy. If we look at the last years scenario then we will see that what was the after effect of the bitcoin crash after it. The BTC went up very high in very short period of time and thats the driving force for me in the current time. Im buying? Yes, obviously who is going to miss the golden opportunity like this in such short period of time. You never know when does the bitcoin prices will started booming heavily in no time and we will see our pockets are filled with the real cash. Yes, bitcoin is like that only and if china is banning it then its good for us because they are making the bitcoin available to the rest healthy global market of bitcoin. Due to this at least we will see some good investors of it. I think I will try to buy a full bitcoin surely.
Activity: 35
Merit: 1
Hello everyone!

So i have to ask... With the newest ban in China, the price is obviously falling again. Also the US banks baning credit card use to buy crypto hurts too. So i have to ask... How much BTC did you buy in this unexpected flash sale? Or are you waiting for the 6000$ mark?

Also, if there is someone with conenxions to China, what do people planning on doing there now? Will they try using VPN? I think it would be too much trouble for the common folk... On the other hand, it will put away the weak ones and onyl strong will remain...

In my opinion, someone over there is filling their pockets with BTC right now. In few months, we wil see the Ban released with some "regulations in mind". And someone will be really, really rich...

I keep buying some amount every month. This is being done for last one year and have never cashed out. My investment is almost four times now.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Hello everyone!

even they ban all exchanges in china,chinese people have their own way.the reason why everyday more and more chinese go here to hongkong buying btc in bitcoin atm's here.and another thing most chinese dont use credit cards.they are using fiat not like here in hk.chinese government cannot stop their people in using crypto.1 big proof the iquant chain new crypto trading site in china.
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
I just don't get why would they ban using credit cards.. .First of all, you will just use paypal, second of all.. Those are our money, why the hell would they hold them hostages?!

If its a credit card its not your money its the banks.

I do understand it is bank's money if it is a debit card, but on normal credit card, those are my money... Well at least that is how it works in Czech republic, other countries might have different words and we would not come to a proper understanding Smiley

Isn't it the other way around? debit card is your own money, credit card is borrowing from bank's money.   The ban for credit card is most likely to prevent the credit bubble where people keep buying cryptos with credit card and sell cryptos for cash to pay off the credit card
Activity: 152
Merit: 18
Czech/English translator for ICOs
I just don't get why would they ban using credit cards.. .First of all, you will just use paypal, second of all.. Those are our money, why the hell would they hold them hostages?!

I do understand it is bank's money if it is a debit card, but on normal credit card, those are my money... Well at least that is how it works in Czech republic, other countries might have different words and we would not come to a proper understanding Smiley
Activity: 353
https://luxantdigitalbank.com/
You may think i am foolish but i will still hold on with my bitcoins and i will as much as bitcoins possible by me .I am just waiting to see how low the price of the bitcoins will i still have BTC left with me well that was given to me as gift by my family member as he was doing mining and i am not willing to sell those off now as i am waiting for the right moment to store more bitcoins as possible . I know the price of the btc will rise again and the market will have an unexpected market value.Even though it is crashing now.
Activity: 161
Merit: 8
There is a saying: times like this is just bitcoin sale/blackfriday. It is time to buy and hold. However good ppl in this market are saying that btc will be around 5k.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
i never buy or sell based on news. i do it based on the reaction of the market to that news because the news whether it is positive or negative is always out there and is always the same, there is always someone banning bitcoin and someone adopting it! but if the time is right people will see the ban news more than the rest and if it is not then they see the other and ignore the ban.

right now it is time for all kinds of crappy negative news about bitcoin. they don't have to even be right half the time Smiley
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
Of course they are not banning definitely ! What they are making now is making the price going down with bad news, buying, to issue in a few months a permit to some exchanges. Do not forget that until 1979, any trade with another country was banned, and now about everything in the world pass by China Roll Eyes.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

Activity: 714
Merit: 261
The history, experience and my inner soul everything tells me that I must must buy bitcoin at this stage and also hold whatever I have got. Obviously selling is not an option at all because most of us now having the BTC which we bought at high prices as compared to todays prices that is 7K and more and some of us even bought at the rates of 12K and even more. So for such people it is not good option to sell at this specific time when it is way down. The whole market is yelling at us we are in the bloodbath and do not invest into us, you are at risk! So its better to hold and buy only if we can afford to do that. Lets not wait more and look for opportunity to buy at 5K because it could be just last stop for the bitcoin and it may be going up real soon. So yeah, cool lets buy, hold and repeat!
Hello everyone!

I bought a couple of Etherium but not any Bitcoins on the drop. I am holding all the Bitcoins I want. In fact, the only reason I bought Etherium is to transfer to an exchange to buy some other altcoins. I’m trying to diversify with several altcoins in addition to some Bitcoin and just hold for long term. I’m not selling anything until it shows a big profit even if it takes a couple of years.

Yes, that is what i actually do. I even think, that having BTC lower with slow but stead growth like it used to be, will be much healthier for the alt coins. They can then take their intended place much better, without the big jumps created by their link to the BTC price...
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
Hello everyone!

I bought a couple of Etherium but not any Bitcoins on the drop. I am holding all the Bitcoins I want. In fact, the only reason I bought Etherium is to transfer to an exchange to buy some other altcoins. I’m trying to diversify with several altcoins in addition to some Bitcoin and just hold for long term. I’m not selling anything until it shows a big profit even if it takes a couple of years.
Activity: 210
We all know China is very competitve in terms of money involving events, they are business minded persons. China really wants to dominate the cryptoworld and so they banned the ico's and bitcoin to their country and let their new created coin circulate to them obviously to control by the government and to prevent abuse usage from the people.
Its not just the US, the UK has also now banned using credit cards to buy Bitcoin.

https://news.sky.com/story/lloyds-banking-group-bans-credit-card-purchases-of-bitcoin-11237438

UK has some questionable decision, considering not just crypto. By the way, what's the new China ban OP's talking about? Any article to share maybe? or is that ban from a few months ago?

So far 1Q of 2018 may not be that great for btc... :/

Oh sorry, i thought  everyone knows about this news... This article kinda sums it up.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ban-complete-china-blocks-foreign-crypto-exchanges-to-counter-financial-risks

Activity: 714
Merit: 254
I could say that this is the time where in bitcoin really needs us a lot, as this moment, it is the time to buy bitcoin and we need this to do for the bitcoin to survive as much as we can, yes there are really a lot of struggles that we are encountering not in bitcoin but that does not mean that it is the end, so I don't worry a lot.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
Its not just the US, the UK has also now banned using credit cards to buy Bitcoin.

https://news.sky.com/story/lloyds-banking-group-bans-credit-card-purchases-of-bitcoin-11237438

UK has some questionable decision, considering not just crypto. By the way, what's the new China ban OP's talking about? Any article to share maybe? or is that ban from a few months ago?

So far 1Q of 2018 may not be that great for btc... :/
Pages:
Jump to: