Pages:
Author

Topic: Wonder how many people can hold BTC for more than 3 years - page 9. (Read 4066 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10
in addition to billionaire bitcoin tyler and cameron Winclevoss brothers.
I'm sure there are many more who buy bitcoin in 2013 and hold it until now.
and those who do so, will enjoy huge profits at this time.
Activity: 896
Merit: 104
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
BTC was around $300 3 years ago.

Wonder how many people can hold BTC for more than 3 years and enjoy the amazing profit in this period Smiley

This is a really interesting topic you raised. Although, most people tend to trade their bitcoins once they are a able to get a few bitcoins, there are so many others who prefer to hold their bitcoins over a long period of time.
There are a lot of people who venture into bitcoin in the early years of its inception and held it for more than three years. They are the ones that owned a lot of btc now.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I would if my living situation wasn't so messed up, and for that reason I will withdraw a tiny % after one year. However, once getting a solid amount out after one year I don't envision myself withdrawing for a couple more years and by that time BTC may become worldwide accepted currency, which would be thrilling!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I agree, it is easier said than done when holding Bitcoins with all the things it had to survived in the past, but I believe these holders made the right decision and are now enjoying the fruits of their patience. I believe a lot of them are here, sharing their stories and lessons they have learned from Bitcoin.
Long term holding is always very helpful to acquire good profit in bitcoin and if world know the exact high value of bitcoin after three years they will never sell their coins now everyone will hold till that value,
Activity: 329
Merit: 3
What we are experiencing right now with bitcoin i don't think some of the investors who have invested won't hold their bitcoin for three years to gain profits as long as they can earn a small.profit I'm pretty sure that they gonna sell it.

Well, i think its not essential to hold bitcoin for more than 3 years because most people here in a crypto world have purely smart trading. As i notice them commonly a wise man they are one of people do buy low sell high pretty hard that 3 years will make it.
Activity: 518
What we are experiencing right now with bitcoin i don't think some of the investors who have invested won't hold their bitcoin for three years to gain profits as long as they can earn a small.profit I'm pretty sure that they gonna sell it.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
If you arrived in late 2013 then you would've recorded a loss had you not held for more than three years.

My average was considerably lower than that peak but I was underwater for very long periods. I fully expected some wobbles when I got in, but I certainly wasn't banking on that much brutality.

Anyone getting in now and hopefully not planning to trade needs to make their peace with the idea that there'll be some alarming periods. If you're panicking on a minute by minute basis then you're doing it all wrong. Go for a stroll and come back in 2020.
Activity: 812

Wonder how many people can hold BTC for more than 3 years and enjoy the amazing profit in this period Smiley
I think few people can do that because as of now lots people that want to buy and sell than to hold their bitcoin. Some of them have weak hands once they know that they get a profit they sell it.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

I remember it was just two years ago when the price of bitcoin was around $350 and I started to work in bitcoin community. At that time I was well aware that the price of bitcoin will reach too much higher but due to the expenditures on me I was unable to hold all my earnings but still I have some from time to time and in that I have some amount for which I am very happy and Thankful to God.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
This is a tough question because it takes statistics to answer this question. But one thing is for sure and that is plenty. Alright, I'll give an estimation. In a span of 3yrs, there were times that for how many times in a year, bitcoin price changes. And I believe that every time it changes, it changes the bitcoin holder as well
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Not all can, but some can. Buying when cheap and selling when it high is a good thing and im sure the profit will be huge. For me, I dont think I can hold for three years.  Well maybe if I have enough or more than enough which I will, then I can hold.
Activity: 532
Merit: 327
Depends on the amount and how much money you have. If I know that I can afford  to hold 1 BTC or even a few BTC for a few years without needing the money for anything - why not?
Activity: 714
Merit: 117
This is a funny question, but also a quite intriguing one. The point is that most people, once they feel that they are gaining enough for their needs and wishes, would probably sell their bitcoins for FIAT. So HOW MUCH is enough for them? And alternatively, if the price should tank, how much can they hodl before capitulating?
Activity: 66
I think there are people who have hold Bitcoin for more than 3 years. I hold 2 years yet. Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
There are many people who uses bitcoin because of its giving benefits. They invests into bitcoin with two different ways. Some of them invests their money for short time and some people likes to invest into here with a long term investment.

If anybody can invest their money into there and can hold their money for more than 3 or 4 years then they have a very big chance to be a very successful person if their luck shines because before some years its price is almost zero but now at a time we all know about its price and it will be more at future if there not any occurrence happens. They will get more profit than they expected and that will change their life.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
There are many people that can hold bitcoin for more than 3 years and I'm also one of them. I can't promise that holding the original amount since the beginning will remain but I'm doing my best to add when I have spare money and when I'm about to cash it out, I'm also returning it if there's a chance. I'm a long term holder so this is an easy decision.
Yeah because they considered bitcoin as an asset and believe that someday it more valuable. Those people able to hold bitcoin that long is now reaping their fruit of patience. Those people of course considered it a long time investment that’s why they can afford to hold that long. And also considered a precious entity like gold or diamond that the value never devaluate.

Activity: 111
I think there will be a lot of people holding bitcoins for 3 years. However, there will be no data available to substantiate that. unless they show us it.
Activity: 162
Merit: 1
I agree, it is easier said than done when holding Bitcoins with all the things it had to survived in the past, but I believe these holders made the right decision and are now enjoying the fruits of their patience. I believe a lot of them are here, sharing their stories and lessons they have learned from Bitcoin.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

I guess this is debatable. I bet when the holders encounter the highest peak that bitcoin's value reached, they would itch to cash it out because there is no guarantee that such thing will happen again in the future, and knowing people, we are all cautious when it comes to our money. So, holding for three years is quite a difficult thing to do.
Activity: 378
If we look at the bitcoin history then we have to come to the value and we noticed that bitcoin values more than the others the bitcoin community is rising day by day and with this all the bitcoin holding make a good change in the market most of the people just earn bitcoin and they are holding instead of using may they have some ways to use the benefit of this currency in the future. So it is good to hold your bitcoin i am one of them who will hold for more than 3 years.
Pages:
Jump to: