Pages:
Author

Topic: Wonder who this solominer is? 88.6.216.9 - page 2. (Read 60438 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Current FPGA are high up front cost and no resale. Either you are doing it for long term and will perhaps break even in a year or two, or you were an early adopter and have a scrooge mcduck pile of coins to cash in to "waste" on them.

The real GPU killer will be when someone gets either super cheap FPGA or an ASIC developed.
Activity: 697
From what I can notice, it seems the hashrate is increasing alot every single day over the last 9days.

The mystery miner is having a ball, relaying all their blocks via known pools I guess.

I see no reason to assume the mystery miner is back in business. Hashrate has been creeping up steadily for months, will only a small dip around bip16:
http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-lin.png

Looks like a trend continuing.

This next difficulty is on route to total sadness.

Its only going to get worse IMHO, as all those FPGA are being switched on, and unlike GPUs, almost no one will switch them off again.

if you feel bitcoins will be successful , then yes, it will only get worse long term (ed: as in mining, then selling immediately).   i could have bought microsoft shares in 1986, after all

as for FPGA,  this is something only someone doing this as a hobby would buy, since there is no profit in these at the moment.   they won't be a serious factor for a while

Could you explain your reasoning behind this statement? I ask as I'm moving to having about 50% of my mediocre hashing power come from FPGAs and in my calculations it makes perfect sense. For reference, power is $0.11/kwh where I live and there is no need for air conditioning due to cold ambients year round.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
From what I can notice, it seems the hashrate is increasing alot every single day over the last 9days.

The mystery miner is having a ball, relaying all their blocks via known pools I guess.

I see no reason to assume the mystery miner is back in business. Hashrate has been creeping up steadily for months, will only a small dip around bip16:

Its only going to get worse IMHO, as all those FPGA are being switched on, and unlike GPUs, almost no one will switch them off again.

if you feel bitcoins will be successful , then yes, it will only get worse long term (ed: as in mining, then selling immediately).   i could have bought microsoft shares in 1986, after all

as for FPGA,  this is something only someone doing this as a hobby would buy, since there is no profit in these at the moment.   they won't be a serious factor for a while
Activity: 518

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I have managed to get my hands on iMine botnet thingy and all it does is connects to a specified pool.
Of course I will not be using it as a botnet as advertised.
Are you able to determine who's code it is based on? Ufasoft, cgminer, etc? Can you tell what language it is written in?

I can't comment on iMine, but I can tell you that so far every known botnet that has tried mining on BTC Guild has been Ufasoft.  Sometimes they'll mask the UserAgent though.
This is why I stopped supporting cpu mining on cgminer above all other reasons.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
I have managed to get my hands on iMine botnet thingy and all it does is connects to a specified pool.
Are you able to determine who's code it is based on? Ufasoft, cgminer, etc? Can you tell what language it is written in?

I can't comment on iMine, but I can tell you that so far every known botnet that has tried mining on BTC Guild has been Ufasoft.  Sometimes they'll mask the UserAgent though.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
What happens when all legit miners are out of the game and only botnets are mining Huh
Then botnets won't be sending spam anymore, because they make more money mining Huh

I would take that trade.  Sadly I think they will just do both.
donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1041
What happens when all legit miners are out of the game and only botnets are mining Huh
Then botnets won't be sending spam anymore, because they make more money mining Huh
Difficulty seems to be on a steady rise, is "it" back ?

That was my first thought when I saw diff jumping back to 1623000 Cry

Damn, it is looking like 1 720 000  now Angry

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Activity: 504
Merit: 502

Another thing is how much the unknown pool is growing every couple of days: http://blockchain.info/pools
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
Whoa what the honk! Just checked here: http://dot-bit.org/tools/nextDifficulty.php

Namecoin - last 10 - 1.56x
Bitcoin - last 10 - 1.49x
Bitcoin - last 120 - 1.25x

There is a very low probability that the hash rate has not increased, with 120 blocks solved in 80% of the time expected for the last difficulty. If I cared I would calculate it.

Maybe the bitforce singles are burning in... I think BIP16 broke the mystery miner...
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
I'm assuming you mean this:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Difficulty

As of now the prediction is 1702705.52667197,but it isn't fact until the end of the 2 weeks.So it can go down still.............hopefully  Wink

That was my first thought when I saw diff jumping back to 1623000 Cry
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
legendary
Activity: 1666
This is what happens when you stay awake at 3am  Cheesy
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Why is it so damn hot in here?
Activity: 896
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
In A.D. 2012
War was Beginning.

Graet: What happen ?
Tycho: Somebody set up us the bomb.
PiUK: We get signal.
Graet: What !
PiUK: Main stats turn on.
(screen turns on displaying a shadowy masked figure)
Graet: It's you !!
Mystery Miner: How are you gentlemen !!
Mystery Miner: All your blocks are belong to us.
Graet: What you say !!
Mystery Miner: You have no chance to mine make your time.
Mystery Miner: Ha ha ha ha ...
Graet: Tycho !!
Tycho: Turn on every 'RIG'!!
Tycho: You know what you doing.
Tycho: Mine 'RIG'.
Tycho: For great justice.

Disclaimer: This is an entirely fictional record.

Cast:
  • Graet, ozco.in
  • Tycho, Deepbit
  • PiUK, blockchain.info
  • Mystery Miner, mystery

too much time on your hands luke?

seems plausible enough to me Tongue
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
In A.D. 2012
War was Beginning.

Graet: What happen ?
Tycho: Somebody set up us the bomb.
PiUK: We get signal.
Graet: What !
PiUK: Main stats turn on.
(screen turns on displaying a shadowy masked figure)
Graet: It's you !!
Mystery Miner: How are you gentlemen !!
Mystery Miner: All your blocks are belong to us.
Graet: What you say !!
Mystery Miner: You have no chance to mine make your time.
Mystery Miner: Ha ha ha ha ...
Graet: Tycho !!
Tycho: Turn on every 'RIG'!!
Tycho: You know what you doing.
Tycho: Mine 'RIG'.
Tycho: For great justice.

Disclaimer: This is an entirely fictional record.

Cast:
  • Graet, ozco.in
  • Tycho, Deepbit
  • PiUK, blockchain.info
  • Mystery Miner, mystery

too much time on your hands luke?
Pages:
Jump to: