Pages:
Author

Topic: Won't governments try to kill Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 2516 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
September 11, 2014, 01:37:36 PM
You Think ?

Who is this?  Is this Nicholas Cage?
legendary
Activity: 1456
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
September 11, 2014, 01:37:10 PM
I don't think that governments will come out and directly admit that they are going to try and kill BTC, they will use the media to make BTC look bad, and then they will act like they are doing their people a favor by regulating it to death.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
September 11, 2014, 01:21:19 PM
Forgive me for quoting myself, but I hit the nail on the head with this post:

Unfortunately the greed that controls the legacy banking system with their printed legal tender cronies will have a whole lot to say about this
They [governments] will indeed have a great deal to say. But for the first time in history they can't say it while pointing a gun at the competition.

And with each passing day the world will listen to them less and less. With each new financial crisis the world will get sicker and sicker of hearing their lies.

With each new violent act the world will tire more and more of supporting their blood money. The banksters' days are numbered friends, believe me.

This is the end for them. A total paradigm shift. This is the beginning for the rest of us. Take heart, brothers and sisters.

We are the future, and they are the past.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
September 11, 2014, 01:20:41 PM
As long as, there are fools to fight for Bitcoin. It will be invincible.
Activity: 338
Merit: 253
September 11, 2014, 01:16:30 PM
You Think ?

legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
September 11, 2014, 12:34:20 PM
The best way to control a population is to keep them in the dark and take away their knowledge. If they can't see and they don't know, they can' question you actions or your speech.
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
September 11, 2014, 10:00:59 AM

Remember they arent a 100% evil controlling group who consciously try and screw us over in every single situation although this does happen very often.  They have a decent level of control and elites use them as a very effective tool to manipulate us.

Elites have the power and they have almost unlimited funds to invest in new things, i cant believe they are totally anti new things.

Illuminati confirmed.  Wink

In all seriousness you are right.  Governments did not try to kill radio, TV or the internet.  It is likely they will do the best to regulate it, rather than kill it. Besides, if they wanted to kill it they would have done so a long time ago

ha ha -:

1. first off "government" + "The West" = Corporations that purchased some politicians.

2. Lol TV Radio, they created this , you are obviously younger than 30 year  of age.

3. The "internet" was seen as a "threat" around the mid 90's after that the "dot com" bust occurred and out of that came the NSA ahhh i mean Google and a few big players.

but you are correct - Governments are not negative towards things, its just about finding an actual independent government,  Ecuador seems to fit the bill so far.

obviously the "BRICS" and SCO have various degrees of "independent" governments.

Activity: 280
Brainwashed this way
September 11, 2014, 12:00:42 AM
Government wont kill bitcoin. I'm sure they will regulate it by not allowing us to control the private keys. Bankers will operate a Federal "Mycelium" type wallet system that we can use but the private keys will be kept where the government has ultimate control over them.

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
September 10, 2014, 11:23:47 PM
Department of love - the military
Department of truth - main stream media
Department of abundance - the fed

as far as i see, gov won't kill bitcoin, at least not now
because it really has monetary attribute, just like paper dollars.
and it attracts people's attention, people do like it
legendary
Activity: 1135
September 10, 2014, 09:49:33 PM
Governments aren't monolithic things. There are always competing interests there and in society as a whole. Sure, as much as possible they will try to keep it under control so that it's not a threat to them, on the one hand. On the other, other interests will be looking to take advantage of Bitcoin for their own gains.

A bit off-topic, but what do you guys think about Ecuador's decision to adopt a cryptocurrency?
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
September 10, 2014, 09:47:45 PM
- They successfully killed off Tesla's free electricity Tower -- and any other free energy sources after that.
 - They failed to kill off the internet
 - They failed to kill off Bitcoin

Things are looking good.

I have a theory that some forces out there are preventing the elites from doing everything they want.

They assassinated Lincoln when he tried to make his own currency (Greenbacks)
They assassinated JFK when he tried to make his own currency (United States Note)
They assassinated SAdam Husein when he tried to convert Petro-dollar (into Euros)
They assassinated Gadafi when he tried to make his own currency (Gold Dinar)
They assassinated Mubarak when he tried to join Gadafi
They assassinated Hugo Chavez when Venezuela dared to sell their oil to China for the Yuan (not petro-dollar)

They are assassinating evry threat to the almighty Dollar.
But them scratching their heads, having no idea how to kill off Bitcoin is a GREAT sign.

Long Live bitcoin!

It's hard to kill something so wide-spread. when it's just one entity, it's easier. The best way to kill it would be to but enough restriction on its use, that people don't want to use it.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
September 10, 2014, 09:43:24 PM
 - They successfully killed off Tesla's free electricity Tower -- and any other free energy sources after that.
 - They failed to kill off the internet
 - They failed to kill off Bitcoin

Things are looking good.

I have a theory that some forces out there are preventing the elites from doing everything they want.

They assassinated Lincoln when he tried to make his own currency (Greenbacks)
They assassinated JFK when he tried to make his own currency (United States Note)
They assassinated SAdam Husein when he tried to convert Petro-dollar (into Euros)
They assassinated Gadafi when he tried to make his own currency (Gold Dinar)
They assassinated Mubarak when he tried to join Gadafi
They assassinated Hugo Chavez when Venezuela dared to sell their oil to China for the Yuan (not petro-dollar)

They are assassinating evry threat to the almighty Dollar.
But them scratching their heads, having no idea how to kill off Bitcoin is a GREAT sign.

Long Live bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
September 10, 2014, 09:29:52 PM
I haven't thought that far though. 51% would be thier best option.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
September 10, 2014, 09:20:48 PM
Department of love - the military
Department of truth - main stream media
Department of abundance - the fed
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
September 10, 2014, 06:09:24 PM
If dollar currency will be killed, government will surely be in chaos. So, Is the government trying to kill bitcoin too?

There has been talk or a world reserve currency for a long time.  The dollar being killed is just one of the ways the bankers have decided to remove America from it's position of power.  Then they can back a new leader(China).  They will then continue to do business as usual in order to get more control.  Bitcoin is likely being targeted but the chances of it being killed is up in the air at this time, it could go either way but likely not to happen IMO.  I feel this way mainly because they have many other things to worry about and they don't have control over Bitcoin like they do with paper currencies.

Activity: 322
September 10, 2014, 05:06:04 PM
They would need to put so much effort that it's simply a stupid goal for them. They would need to literally shut down the entire internet to effectively kill Bitcoin. They know this is stupid thats why they aren't even trying. They are just thinking people will not end up using it too much, too bad they are fucked because it will end up going mainstream.
Activity: 406
September 10, 2014, 05:00:27 PM
They will try everything in their power to kill it that is for sure. Bitcoin is something they are unable to control like they do USD meaning people are free to do what they wish with it and the government hates that. If the government could either kill it or control it and regulate it they would.
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
September 10, 2014, 04:45:16 PM
To borrow a phrase from Bruce Fenton:

If the tyrants of the future knew today how the blockchain would change the world, they would kill every single one of us to stop it. I am not being hyperbolic. Fortunately for us, they don't have that foresight, and there's too many Bitcoin followers now in any case.

Bitcoin represents nothing short of regicide of modern financial kings. It's an usurpation of the sovereignty of the state, by seizing control over money, devolving* sovereignty to the individual level. In centuries past they would have solved a problem like this by lopping heads off. Can't do that in the information age.

*this is meant as compliment, not insult. Individual sovereignty is social evolution from a world governed by the violence of nations.
legendary
Activity: 1092
September 10, 2014, 04:34:59 PM
If there is a situation where the internet or electricity goes down so we can't maintain bitcoin, then my guess is that, in this situation, printed paper is of no value as well.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
September 10, 2014, 12:03:53 PM
This has been talked before, no way to effectively kill bitcoin, calm down.

If the internet or electricity is down so is bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: