Pages:
Author

Topic: Won't governments try to kill Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 2516 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
September 10, 2014, 11:58:17 AM
This has been talked before, no way to effectively kill bitcoin, calm down.
There is actually, but it would involve eradicating the human species at this point. I don't think any governments would go THAT far.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
September 10, 2014, 11:12:50 AM
This has been talked before, no way to effectively kill bitcoin, calm down.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
September 10, 2014, 09:52:11 AM
I think if it gets too big and an actually competitor to the dollar then yes govt. will try to limit access to Bitcoin.  No, govt. can't "KILL" Bitcoin but it can really hurt it by limiting access to Bitcoin sites.  Imagine, they would limit access to sites like this one even.  If the dollar goes down, I think anything goes.
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
September 10, 2014, 09:24:31 AM
This thread immediately made me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMQg546agpU
Activity: 378
September 10, 2014, 09:14:29 AM
It's a lossing game, Bitcoin cannot be killed.
Correct but it can be deregulated and outlawed, china is a good example of this.

Also considering that 90% of people are in Bitcoin because they believe it's an "investment" *shakes head* this would effect the value, popularity & mining.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 10, 2014, 08:58:02 AM
It's a lossing game, Bitcoin cannot be killed.
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
September 10, 2014, 08:44:25 AM
They could surely try, with varying possible degrees of success.

They could make it illegal for any banks to do any business with Bitcoin exchanges, which might stop large Bitcoin buyers in countries where this was made illegal. This could cause a significant drop in the value of Bitcoin.

However, they could not prevent smaller scale Bitcoin transactions from taking place without implementing a 1984-style police state and completely destroying the concept of free speech.  That isn't going to happen, and if it does, Bitcoin is the least of our problems. (After all, Bitcoin is just people sending messages to each other.)
legendary
Activity: 1596
September 10, 2014, 08:31:54 AM
The elites are regulating us through printing notes. They won't let it die rather than to kill bitcoin to keep fiat alive.
Activity: 270
September 10, 2014, 07:44:00 AM
And they would kill it how exactly and under what grounds? You'd have to shut down the internet to stop it.
Activity: 826
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
September 10, 2014, 07:41:04 AM

Remember they arent a 100% evil controlling group who consciously try and screw us over in every single situation although this does happen very often.  They have a decent level of control and elites use them as a very effective tool to manipulate us.

Elites have the power and they have almost unlimited funds to invest in new things, i cant believe they are totally anti new things.

Illuminati confirmed.  Wink

In all seriousness you are right.  Governments did not try to kill radio, TV or the internet.  It is likely they will do the best to regulate it, rather than kill it. Besides, if they wanted to kill it they would have done so a long time ago
But they may place strict regulations for controlling it if it becomes more popular.
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
September 10, 2014, 07:36:43 AM

Remember they arent a 100% evil controlling group who consciously try and screw us over in every single situation although this does happen very often.  They have a decent level of control and elites use them as a very effective tool to manipulate us.

Elites have the power and they have almost unlimited funds to invest in new things, i cant believe they are totally anti new things.

Illuminati confirmed.  Wink

In all seriousness you are right.  Governments did not try to kill radio, TV or the internet.  It is likely they will do the best to regulate it, rather than kill it. Besides, if they wanted to kill it they would have done so a long time ago
legendary
Activity: 1316
September 10, 2014, 07:28:08 AM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Want A Personal Coin? PM ME!
September 10, 2014, 07:06:31 AM
If dollar currency will be killed, government will surely be in chaos. So, Is the government trying to kill bitcoin too?
Pages:
Jump to: