Pages:
Author

Topic: Worldwide Coupling Between Bitcoin and Electricity Prices - page 2. (Read 170 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 3612
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Energy prices will not be fixed or uniform in all parts of the world due to the difficulty of transporting them easily from the place of generation to consumption. However, on the contrary, mining farms can move from one place to another in an easier way than transporting the energy source.
they are found at certain times, such as after floods and in places where electricity is generated from sources. Renewable and cheap. It is easier to make a profit running a mining farm than in other places where electricity prices may be high.

In other words, the average electricity price will not be closely related to the price of Bitcoin or the average cost of mining due to the huge difference in generation costs and the ease of transporting mining equipment.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
hey all.
i wrote a short paper discussing the idea of a phenomenon i suspect will occur once the price of bitcoin shoots up considerably.
as the title says (and is the title of the paper as well),
i suspect a very strong correlation between the bitcoin and electricity prices in the future.
that correlation, i think, will start to kick in once the majority of the electricity providers become bitcoin miners as well (as a side hustle at first).

for me, at least, this framework of thinking about the bitcoin miners in the future made me understand much more deeply the 'pompous' (or so i thought) declarations of michael saylor about bitcoin being "monetary energy" and the line he always repeats "all energy will be priced in bitcoin".
i watched many of his talks but he never seemed to explain how that will happen (aside from wishing all governments will suddenly shift from the dollar to bitcoin).

it is a short and simple read and i would like your take on the idea (sorry if someone has wrote of this before, i did not look too hard into it).

note that i did not want to expand the discussion about the bottom line of the paper. that is for a different one.

https://www.academia.edu/108884737/Worldwide_Coupling_Between_Bitcoin_and_Electricity_Prices
Pages:
Jump to: