Pages:
Author

Topic: Worried about Merits? I'm here to help. - page 3. (Read 1053 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
February 03, 2018, 02:10:28 PM
I always try to follow this.But it is so much difficult for newbie. Because we are learning from our elders.we  have little knowledge about cryptocurrency world.how can we get more knowledge ?what topic should i post ?

Hope you won't mind this but I can't help you on this.
You need to do these things yourself as that's what you'll be rewarded for. I have already done everything in you guys' interests and I believe there's nothing more I can do here.
Sorry to say but you're not going to get anything if you expect everything served in your plate. So, no free lunches! You need to work hard to get them.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 03, 2018, 01:37:45 PM
Finally good explanation and great project. I wish I were Jn already and possessed any valuable knoledge. But for me still too much to learn to participate

Read my explanation about this, once again.
I never said that this is for Jr Members alone, and if any level of Jr Member or below make 50 high-quality posts in 2 weeks period and do according to the rules, they may probably be chosen by me if they really deserve it.
Let me dissolve a myth for you: Your Rank cannot define your knowledge here.
Even Legendaries get confused sometimes and ask for help, so don't feel down and believe in yourself. Unless you do, you won't be able to know your own potential.
I always try to follow this.But it is so much difficult for newbie. Because we are learning from our elders.we  have little knowledge about cryptocurrency world.how can we get more knowledge ?what topic should i post ?
Activity: 147
Merit: 10
February 03, 2018, 01:33:04 PM
~
Thanks for your generosity with giving away sMerits, sir. I will come back after one of two weeks with new CV.  Grin
legendary
February 03, 2018, 01:19:17 PM
I would like to join to your candidates but first i would like to clarify 50 post in just 2 weeks.? Are we not be entitled spammers on that as newbie in this world.?

Ummm, I believe NO. Because making 4 - 5 posts a day shouldn't be something to bother you if you are really intended in contributing, that too with something worth attention.

Ok, I'll update the OP with some changes here.
After seeing every newbie's concerns over being called a spammer with the activity I'm asking them to do, I've decided to ease it for them by changing the number of posts from 50 to 30. Now, you need to make 30 high-quality posts.

Great post Sted - I like it when people take the time out to explain to others how a feature works - good job mate Wink

Glad you liked it. Thanks for the appreciation.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
February 03, 2018, 01:10:18 PM
Great post Sted - I like it when people take the time out to explain to others how a feature works - good job mate Wink
Activity: 308
Merit: 5
February 03, 2018, 12:30:07 PM
I would like to join to your candidates but first i would like to clarify 50 post in just 2 weeks.? Are we not be entitled spammers on that as newbie in this world.?
Activity: 51
February 03, 2018, 06:58:51 AM
Thank you very much for your explanation! Now everything is clear...
Activity: 68
Merit: 1
February 03, 2018, 02:44:32 AM
Finally good explanation and great project. I wish I were Jn already and possessed any valuable knoledge. But for me still too much to learn to participate

I never said that this is for Jr Members alone, and if any level of Jr Member or below make 50 high-quality posts in 2 weeks period and do according to the rules, they may probably be chosen by me if they really deserve it.
Even Legendaries get confused sometimes and ask for help, so don't feel down and believe in yourself. Unless you do, you won't be able to know your own potential.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.it wll encourage more member to think and exert quality and useful thought before posting.not just for the sake of rank but general knowledge for everyone to learn...
legendary
February 03, 2018, 02:18:17 AM
Cool concept. I wish somebody did that for people who take part in bounty campaigns (which have a greater impact, like translations, articles, design etc.).
And if those 50 posts can't be high-quality, at least they should be helpful of some sort. Maybe help another user by explaning something. I think you should add that there.

Thanks for doing this. Despite not being able to take part in this, I appreciate the idea.

I believe that working and helping out yourself is the first thing you need to do because even God helps those who help themselves (I'm not saying I'm God, just giving an example). You should watch others and learn, you must know what exactly a constructive post is - it has been answered many times. Still if you're unclear, I clear it to you - a constructive post is the one that contains all the information and OP expects when they ask something.

Now, what is spam?
- Insubstantial posts (posts containing nothing but thoughts without facts)
- Repeated posts (saying what's already said before)
- And there are many other considerations that come under the radar of moderators when it comes to spamming as it is not limited to the explanations I gave above.
Activity: 119
February 02, 2018, 08:34:38 PM
This explanation gives a lot of idea on how merits collected, well explained post will help getting merits. So this is how merits and Smerits work.
Activity: 266
Merit: 27
February 02, 2018, 06:56:23 PM
Cool concept. I wish somebody did that for people who take part in bounty campaigns (which have a greater impact, like translations, articles, design etc.).
And if those 50 posts can't be high-quality, at least they should be helpful of some sort. Maybe help another user by explaning something. I think you should add that there.

Thanks for doing this. Despite not being able to take part in this, I appreciate the idea.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
February 02, 2018, 06:50:16 PM
Yet another great post of people rewarding the newcomers and spending their time on reading. Thank you and keep up the good work.
So all those complaining, how they gonna rank up have to put some effort because now they have been given a chance to be rewarded.
legendary
February 02, 2018, 01:17:07 PM
You're doing nothing but encouraging spam.

Elaborate please.
From my end, take an example:
What do you think, that I am going to reward people coming and asking questions like:
What is Bitcoin? How to earn it? Eh!?

Seriously.

50 - FIFTY! high-quality (who judges this?) posts in TWO WEEKS - i.e. 4 per day - to get 5 miserable sMerit from you? So they have to do that 2 months in a row to get Member status?

Are you fucking JOKING?

Wait, it's my turn now!
Are you ******* educated enough to understand what did I write in the first post? (I'm not in a mood to say or do anything bad to anybody.)
Where did I ask them to post continuously until they get their activity to reach a Member Rank?
I said that those who are interested, can be a part of this and try their luck for some merits that they will need in order to rank up.
I am engouraging "QUALITY OVER QUANTITY" as I've literally said it in the post that I am interested in those who are willing to contribute and will only reward those who really deserve it.
By the way, I didn't give the table limited to Member Rank, but I have shown all the ranks and the amount of Merits that are needed to reach each of them. I believe you may be correct in your words when you said that they can achieve 10 Merits by making high-quality posts already and that I don't need to be a mascot for them, but then, let me make 2 things clear:
- There are merit sources, but they are also having limited merits and so, they also cannot share with each and every member (even if they are the ones who deserve) if the provided merits end up at some point (of course, giving it to people for their constructive posts but this may be like being lucky). So, users like us are taking a stand to help those who are left. Am I doing anything wrong?
- You said that my 5 ^miserable^ merits might be worth nothing to those who will achieve Member rank through their constructive posting, but you forgot one thing that such merits may be useful when you will need them in future to rank up to levels higher than Member, and you can check out the table given in OP.

I'll just assume you are.

First read the OP, then assume, as you really need to watch it before shouting over me with your non-sensical accusations.

Two things will happen here:
- You'll get spammed with crap, and you'll eventually just hand out the sMerit because you're tired.

First, let me know that how many people do you see asking me that they are in for this? Am I really getting spammed and filled with lots of requests? I don't think so! Second, I'm no f**king tired with my merits, but keeping them with me has no sense. You can even watch theymos' post to confirm that hoarding of merits has no sense and spreading it to people who really deserve it - IS WHAT MERIT SYSTEM IS MADE FOR!

- The Newbie forum will get spammed with crap, trying to make you tired. And they will win.

Don't know whether I should laugh or cry out loud in joy. What are you upto?

I'd rather be patient and earn it off my own input, tbh.

Don't worry, I'm not like you and I believe you are better than many, and can earn a very good amount of merits.
I am saying this after watching some of your posts.

Are the DTs (particularly DT2, who as we know are very trigger happy indeed) aware of what you are posting here?

I believe that DT2 members are straight-forward enough and even if I'd have been so lucky (/sarcasm) that they were unable to see this thread, mods already check everything. If there might have been any problems to arise, they wouldn't have let me do this already.

Rethink this post, please.

Thanks, but no thanks. I know what I am doing.
Activity: 98
February 02, 2018, 01:31:45 AM
Have been wondering on how to get a merit for a while, now am enlightened on how merit is being awarded... Now working on my 50 constructive post to get 5 merit award from you...thanks
Activity: 182
February 01, 2018, 07:40:00 PM
It seems like a very good campain to get merits. Maybe making 10 high quality posts out of 50 seem very difficult but you should deserve it. I can join this campain. It is a good oppotunity for members to rank up.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
February 01, 2018, 05:55:32 PM
I am totally new here, can i participate in this competition? And i am confused, How can you track my posts and how will you choose those members ?
Activity: 154
February 01, 2018, 05:13:23 PM
Activity: 5
February 01, 2018, 05:06:37 PM

i read all the rules. i just wanna say a big wow for this. 50 high-quality posts in just 2 weeks period? well, it's impossible for someone like me anyway to do that much posts just for getting a few merits. maybe someday i can do it 50 high quality posts in 2 weeks when i reach legendary rank in next 15 years, perhaps. but anyway, thanks for the chance. i'm pass  Sad
Activity: 84
Merit: 58
February 01, 2018, 04:40:46 PM
Activity: 114
Merit: 26
Z
February 01, 2018, 03:58:01 PM
  • Make 50 constructive (high-quality) posts in a 2 week period
  • Quote 10 best posts out of those 50 posts (however, I will be watching out for all 50, I want to see that how much knowledge do you possess of your own quality)
  • No spamming in any case

50 constructive posts in two weeks (3-4 posts a day) without spamming? While constructive posts are probably not spamming by definition, it may still be too many, but that's only my opinion. I may try...

Define spamming to me in your words if you consider 3 - 4 posts a day as spamming?
If you have something that's worth sharing, would you really wait to share it with everyone?
Or at least with the person who needs to know about it?

I'm taking fixed signature campaigns as an example to reply to your question here:
There are many (fixed-posts) signature campaigns that require you to make at least 25 - 30 posts in a week.
That means, you need to make at least 4 - 5 posts a day to reach that number (if you post for the whole week).
If you think that it's too much for you to make 50 CONSTRUCTIVE POSTS in a 2 week period, better stay away from this as it's not for you. Wink

Personally I prefer to read. I do not mind posting when I have something to say and having a discussion, but writing 4 - 5 quality posts a day consistently, for weeks, may be a challenge. I suppose those signature campaigns are for highest ranks only, so I have a long way before considering them. But I'll try.
Pages:
Jump to: