Pages:
Author

Topic: Worried about Merits? I'm here to help. - page 4. (Read 1053 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
February 01, 2018, 10:54:31 AM
  • Make 50 constructive (high-quality) posts in a 2 week period
  • Quote 10 best posts out of those 50 posts (however, I will be watching out for all 50, I want to see that how much knowledge do you possess of your own quality)
  • No spamming in any case

50 constructive posts in two weeks (3-4 posts a day) without spamming? While constructive posts are probably not spamming by definition, it may still be too many, but that's only my opinion. I may try...

Define spamming to me in your words if you consider 3 - 4 posts a day as spamming?
If you have something that's worth sharing, would you really wait to share it with everyone?
Or at least with the person who needs to know about it?

I'm taking fixed signature campaigns as an example to reply to your question here:
There are many (fixed-posts) signature campaigns that require you to make at least 25 - 30 posts in a week.
That means, you need to make at least 4 - 5 posts a day to reach that number (if you post for the whole week).
If you think that it's too much for you to make 50 CONSTRUCTIVE POSTS in a 2 week period, better stay away from this as it's not for you. Wink
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
February 01, 2018, 10:30:01 AM
Hey, great idea! I've also been pushing for the newest among us to get merited for the quality posts they make.

For the Newbies & Jr. Members that are considering participating, I started a list of is the best merit worthy posts from the Help & Beginners board.

They weren't all written by Newbies & Jr. Members, but all are worth of a lot of merit. Good luck to you all!
Activity: 225
Merit: 2
February 01, 2018, 06:53:18 AM
Just read this topic. I am a newbie here and merit system is new to this forum right? I'm just new but this topic helped me to understand the merit system concept. Thanks for providig this by the way.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 06:21:20 AM
Ok it's great..
It means I have to do very hard work for the progress of rank..
Activity: 114
Merit: 26
Z
February 01, 2018, 03:34:00 AM
  • Make 50 constructive (high-quality) posts in a 2 week period
  • Quote 10 best posts out of those 50 posts (however, I will be watching out for all 50, I want to see that how much knowledge do you possess of your own quality)
  • No spamming in any case

50 constructive posts in two weeks (3-4 posts a day) without spamming? While constructive posts are probably not spamming by definition, it may still be too many, but that's only my opinion. I may try...
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
February 01, 2018, 02:21:11 AM
Great, the forum needs these help to save the new confidence. Higher levels mean that more can be done. But if you just look at the news, comment, and discuss, then the level is less important.
Activity: 59
February 01, 2018, 01:53:54 AM
It seems a bit difficult for beginners to make high-quality posts, but I think I will try my best!
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
February 01, 2018, 01:28:51 AM
yes I totally agree with this new regulation.
we need merit to raise our rank, by making post very useful for others. so with this merit the users of bitcointalk accounts will not make post spam or useless.
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
January 31, 2018, 07:27:46 PM
yeah bittalk now is better then before with that merit Smiley
also for bounty hunters will be good with signature they will have more stackes becose all went to social media.

I like this system Smiley but i loosed chance to get legendary in time Smiley
legendary
January 31, 2018, 12:48:35 PM
Finally good explanation and great project. I wish I were Jn already and possessed any valuable knoledge. But for me still too much to learn to participate

Read my explanation about this, once again.
I never said that this is for Jr Members alone, and if any level of Jr Member or below make 50 high-quality posts in 2 weeks period and do according to the rules, they may probably be chosen by me if they really deserve it.
Let me dissolve a myth for you: Your Rank cannot define your knowledge here.
Even Legendaries get confused sometimes and ask for help, so don't feel down and believe in yourself. Unless you do, you won't be able to know your own potential.
Activity: 26
January 31, 2018, 12:36:00 PM
Finally good explanation and great project. I wish I were Jn already and possessed any valuable knoledge. But for me still too much to learn to participate
legendary
January 31, 2018, 11:52:36 AM
Pages:
Jump to: