Pages:
Author

Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving? - page 26. (Read 14139 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
November 10, 2017, 07:36:16 AM
So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?

Maybe in some aspect, yes. When we have bitcoin most of us choose to keep it because we believe that in time it's value will be high. That's what it teaches kids. To keep their money until they have something important to do with it.
Activity: 44
Merit: 10
November 10, 2017, 07:27:30 AM
So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?

It's a great idea! I will do the same with mine cousins)
Thank you Wink
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
November 10, 2017, 07:04:33 AM
Yes it would because if children start at a young age they will be able to pay their college feeses with the money they made from bitcoin they can easily pay a car when they are done with college because they had money saved form bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
November 10, 2017, 06:22:31 AM

It may be helpful for your cousins. But you should try not only bitcoin saving but also pocket money. It will be really good for them. Maybe they will get their lifes with bitcoin in the future.  Smiley I think bitcoin should be teached in schools too. It may also be helpful for children.
Activity: 87
November 10, 2017, 05:37:53 AM
Yes it surely would teach them that saving is a great option. They will know that if they save they can get better things. In this case with bitcoin its the money. So they get more money.

This will help them to save things further things in their life so they will have a better chance to get rich.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
November 10, 2017, 04:19:39 AM
Teach them how to enjoy mining, specially the one who spend excessively, if your cousin begin to have an idea on how to earn at mining, for sure, they will take their time and effort to learn.

Not only by mining, how about earning some crypto currencies while playing games.

brand new
Activity: 0
November 09, 2017, 09:58:46 AM
Kids ought to first learn about conserving and then on bitcoins.
Activity: 4
November 10, 2017, 03:58:30 AM
I believe how they can have confidence in bitcoin. of course they're a spender is not easy to set them directly into the realm of bitcoin but if you clarify in detail about the benefits of keeping bitcoin in the long run and the results are really acceptable I think they will be much more interested without considering to fear to plunge into the world of bitcoin
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
November 10, 2017, 01:10:48 AM
Bitcoins are a currency and when you simply accumulate it increases its value. Just like fiat money increases the amount when it accrues. So if in this way a kid learns that this practice will improve it for Him. So if you use bitcoins. You can also apply it to Him. Because it's a good habit that a child needs to learn and to carry until he has a family
Activity: 136
November 10, 2017, 01:05:39 AM

actually we dont have to teach them to use bitcoin to save, their is so many different ways to save. We know using bitcoin is so many ways to do before going to the finals stages. Kids must teach to study before anything else to dont make any distraction. Maybe we can teach them at the right time or right age because if they are in the right age we can easily to them to use bitcoin to save because they have already a knowledge. so we must wait them to become big that have a good mind set.
Activity: 336
Merit: 121
November 10, 2017, 12:48:49 AM

Not for kids but for youth . Working with bitcoin can be a bit difficult for kids as they don't know a think about bitcoin , market and all the economical strategies related to it . But for youth  it can turn out to be a very good way for learning to save . They will save and they wills see the importance of saving as their saved money grows . This can really make them mature and will help them to grow mentally and in work field.                                                                                                                                                                       

according to my opinion it depend on the mentality level of a person if a kids have strong enough knowledge about crypt and bitcoins then i think it is better for them but mostly bitcoin worker are youth and young who are working with bitcoin because it is not easy task that all kids will worked with bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 10, 2017, 12:40:44 AM

Not for kids but for youth . Working with bitcoin can be a bit difficult for kids as they don't know a think about bitcoin , market and all the economical strategies related to it . But for youth  it can turn out to be a very good way for learning to save . They will save and they wills see the importance of saving as their saved money grows . This can really make them mature and will help them to grow mentally and in work field.                                                                                                                                                                       
Activity: 568
Merit: 250
November 09, 2017, 09:00:09 AM
If create an game-project where while playing kids will learning how to save and what is bitcoin....but let's be realistic noone care about such thinhs.

Yes of course bitcoin can help teach kids about savings because this must be a good for them and knows how is savings is most important to each one of us. It teaches the kids to be wise about savings and knows how benefits that it gets to, support for theie financial needs.
Activity: 668
Merit: 255
November 09, 2017, 08:42:27 AM
If create an game-project where while playing kids will learning how to save and what is bitcoin....but let's be realistic noone care about such thinhs.
Activity: 4
November 09, 2017, 08:38:38 AM
bitcoin does not teach children so that you can conserving. many things could be taught to them so they can conserve at an early age. such as just providing some cash to your kid and also the rest you suggest to conserving. bitcoin won'tducate a young child for this. bitcoin teaches children to trade e
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
November 08, 2017, 10:41:18 PM
the presence of bitcoin to be very good news for us all including being a way to train children want to save. if we train saving with real money of course they only know the amount and no increase, but with bitcoin then the value will continue to rise.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
November 08, 2017, 09:09:39 PM
I agree with your opinion, you better explain well what is the negative and positive impact of saving money in form of bitcoin. Because it is very unfortunate if we already have assets BTC or ALTCOIN only in use for things that are not useful.
Activity: 134
ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION
November 08, 2017, 08:49:06 PM
It is a good idea to teach bitcoin to kids but it depends to the kid what he/she will do with his/her knowledge about bitcoin. Maybe some of them will learn how to save and invest and some of them will just ignore and forget what they know about bitcoin. Remember, they are still kids and all they think and know is to play and be happy with their lives.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
November 08, 2017, 08:30:43 PM
Dont give bitcoin a burden to teach the kids about saving,its a parental obligation or guardians.the kids learn how to be spender or saver on how the people that he came along treated money,and how they teaches them the value of working and earning.by then they would bring it as they grows older
Activity: 854
Merit: 257
November 08, 2017, 08:03:43 PM
I guess bitcoin will help to teach kids on investment matters because for me bitcoin  more of an investment since what we mostly is trade and have it placed on some earning activities such as mining. Yes it is saving but in bitcoin we earn if we leave our coins to stay longer on our account and wait for the right bitcoin value when we have it withdrawed. However, even if this can teach investment or savings to kids, I still don’t see it to be good for them since they should still enjoy their youth while they are at it and not be on the thinking of earning and making money especially when they are not obliged to.
Pages:
Jump to: