Pages:
Author

Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving? - page 9. (Read 14139 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 0
Thinking of the kids I know, give them one Bitcoin, they will blow it all on video games, shoes, phones, etc.

So no, I do not think it will help.

It's more of a personality thing. Some people save money, others have to blow their paychecks on pay day.
Activity: 140
It's quiet difficult to teach the kids about saving as they only enjoy fulfilling their needs and spend all their savings on their daily needs or we can say that on their daily tastes like chocolate,icecreams and many other.
Bitcoin is quiet typical and not much easy to be understood by the kids and it's difficult too to teach the them about the bitcoin.It will take too much time for them too know even the basics of the bitcoin.So,the result is that it's quiet difficult to teach the kids about saving.
Activity: 322
Merit: 19
I don't see Bitcoin as a way of saving but of investing. I don't think you can learn them to save money this way, but it could be useful to help them learn how trading works.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
That was a good idea sir. Even they are only kids from now, teach them now get a better future because time will come that they feel how money important of their lives.
When we grow up, everyone sees the importance of money, everything we do and everything we need is related to it. So trying to teach kids about saving will help them live better in life.
Activity: 110
I really like this question,if we think of this thought, it is a worthwhile act to teach children to save through this forum but some may argue otherwise, perhaps because the children are still in the guidance of their parents, and they are not quite able to explore the world of krypto .
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
It depends there are kids that is so good on saving money and also there are kids are good on spending money. If kids are properly guided by olders and told them how much important money was and it is good to save money as early at their age so if ever time will come they will no longer depending to their parents when they want to move out or they want something because they already had money.

Yes it deoends but majority of kids now do not know the concept on how valuable or how important saving is.  They are more into spending as they want to get more and more things that would give fun to them.  Maybe you could them stories about it and when they become teenagers then we can introduce bitcoin.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
Sounds like a good idea, imagine at their early age they already have the chance of learning about bitcoin. Bit the problem is do they jave an enough capacity of learning to understand bitcoin? I think they don't have that right now so if teaching them about savings is the concern there is another way I to do that but if your kids can understand it why not. That's great actually.
Activity: 405
Merit: 105
I think teaching bitcoin to kids is not necessary because the idea of bitcoin is very complicated and hard to understand. If you discuss it to some kids, most of them will not pay attention with what you are saying. They just think about playing and having fun. The idea of bitcoin is not for everyone. There are some types of people that is not suitable for the idea of bitcoin for example a kid. Bitcoin is for those people who wants to earn money because they dont have a job or maybe they want to have a part time job.
Activity: 280
It depends there are kids that is so good on saving money and also there are kids are good on spending money. If kids are properly guided by olders and told them how much important money was and it is good to save money as early at their age so if ever time will come they will no longer depending to their parents when they want to move out or they want something because they already had money.
Activity: 378
Merit: 55
Be Good to me!

Maybe kids will teach to save bitcoin because they will have their earnings after few months so l think they will learn to save.Especially when we try to let them know What worth is money is.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
Maybe yes because if they will just understand how bitcoin is volatile, and how to hodl just to earn profit in the coming days, then maybe they can develop the characteristic of how to save money just to buy a toy that they want for instance.
Activity: 209
I don't think bitcoin will teach the kids about saving because as we all know kids do what they want to do especially if they can learn to join bitcoin and start earning we can't stop them unless we will control them so it's parents responsibility to guide them.
Activity: 230
it can help for kids to save money, but if I am not going to teach my child from an early age because he has to know when it is time to learn and when it's time to work to know that my child will be taught bitcoin or know bitcoin forums. so i will be more calm for my child later, let him search his own show to get bitcoin in lot. this is my upbringing for my child later if already married and that's the best way, how do you think?
Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
I don't think that the bitcoin will help to teach kids about saving because we all know that the bitcoin has many disadvantages. I think that kids are not yet ready to encounter the term bitcoin.
Activity: 352
yes, bitcoin can be used to teach children about saving and tell them about the advantage of saving because by saving good for the future
I personally don’t think so that bitcoin is that much easy thing that it can be understood by the kids and that kids can learn anything good from it. Bitcoin is really a complex thing and it is not at all possible for kids to develop a good understanding regarding this thing.

Bitcoin can no doubt teach us about saving and all that stuff but for that one needs to be mature enough so that he can understand the things in a better way.
As we know that bitcoin is for every level of society even for kids its very best if kids start to know about saving so it will help them in their future in Japan they are starting to teach bitcoin in school because they know it’s very important for them and bitcoin is becoming a future currency so I think it’s should be started in every school to teach about bitcoin to kids if the kids know about saving so it’s for can country as well.
Japan is always a step ahead in technology from rest of the world and this is no nice if they are teaching kids about bitcoin in their schools. There is no doubt that bitcoin is the future of the world currencies and soon it would be declared legal around the globe.

People are supporting it throughout the world for one simple reason that it is not controlled by any single country or man. It is something truly meant for public welfare.
Activity: 223
Maybe not or yes, because as kids its hard for them to handle and understand about bitcoin on how it works.Or their parents maybe can save for them. But its not bad to educate them how to save, and teach them about bitcoin as they grow, while they are kids they are already familiar with it, and when they grow up, its not hard for them to understand and they are already open minded about it, and become easy for them to handle bitcoin not only to save but to invest as well.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 356
That was a good idea sir. Even they are only kids from now, teach them now get a better future because time will come that they feel how money important of their lives.
Activity: 406
Merit: 131

I have 3 growing sons, and I slowly begin to teach the senior (6 years) financial literacy. To explain this through bitcoin is still too early, at the same time I use the methods described in Stanford marshmallow experiment. I think saving in bitcoin is some like that.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
yes it was a great thinking to teach them about savings because savings is can give them a better life in the future so that's great if you teach them.

Well, kids do not really think about money and wealth in their life, all they care is the toys they play, the friends they play with and the parents that take care of them all the time. I think if you teach kids about saving, that will help them mature in the way they think about things and people around them. But I think they cannot stop themselves still from buying toys they like.
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
yes it was a great thinking to teach them about savings because savings is can give them a better life in the future so that's great if you teach them.
Children when entering at their teenage let them explore the net and introduce this bitcoin thing to them, the future of each children is with the help of the parents so let them know what they can do while they are young, letting them play online is not a practical thing.
Pages:
Jump to: