Pages:
Author

Topic: would someone give a loan? - page 3. (Read 3458 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250
November 27, 2014, 07:11:30 AM
would someone give me a loan of 1000$ in bitcoin for 1 month (1%) if i could give a collateral of 4 btc to an escrow during that month?
Idk about everyone else but 1% sounds like a horrible deal for a whole month....
ok but transferring btc is free, wire transfers or other payment methods not... And 12.6% without risk is horrible?
I guess it's not that bad, but I just see the 1% as $10... You can make a lot more than that by doing smaller loans to a few people.
if you are rich enough you can do both Smiley
November 27, 2014, 07:07:17 AM
would someone give me a loan of 1000$ in bitcoin for 1 month (1%) if i could give a collateral of 4 btc to an escrow during that month?
Idk about everyone else but 1% sounds like a horrible deal for a whole month....
ok but transferring btc is free, wire transfers or other payment methods not... And 12.6% without risk is horrible?
I guess it's not that bad, but I just see the 1% as $10... You can make a lot more than that by doing smaller loans to a few people.
I can also borrow more but above 5k I'll have problems providing collateral

Activity: 448
I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.
November 27, 2014, 06:46:21 AM
November 27, 2014, 06:41:46 AM
Activity: 448
I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.
November 27, 2014, 06:36:23 AM
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
November 27, 2014, 06:34:03 AM
yes, I think btc will go up, but don't need the money to buy it but for something else. But don't want to sell my btc but giving them as collateral is no problem Smiley

So, at the risk of repeating myself, just borrow and repay in $ not BTC.
November 27, 2014, 06:28:45 AM
If you actually need $1000 for a month for a specific fiat purpose, why not just ask to borrow $1000 in fiat using your bitcoin as collateral, and pay back $1000 plus agreed interest?
At current prices, your security is c.150% of the loan, only becoming an issue for the lender if Bitcoin drops below $250. I don't think you will get 1% per month but I don't see why a lender wouldn't take that loan on in principle.

Is there a way to be 100% sure I'll get my sended btc back when i pay back the loan?

That's what an escrow is for, you either trust them or you don't.

I'm really new in all of this and don't know how everything works

Looking at your post history, you aren't that new.
Forgive me for being cynical, but I think you are hoping to speculate on a rise in the BTC price and just trying to get cheap leverage by trying to set up a sort of P2P bet disguised as a loan arrangement.
Not that there's anything scammy about that, a bearish lender might be happy to do it, but would want more than $10, otherwise they could just sell their own coin on an exchange and buy it back in a month.

Not everyone is so bullish on bitcoin...

No, but I think you are  Wink  Good luck.

lol, just buy NOW, don't wait any second anymore before we go up again

I guess ppl bearish in bitcoin don't have any bitcoins anymore so they can't sell them :p and yes, I think btc will go up, but don't need the money to buy it but for something else. But don't want to sell my btc but giving them as collateral is no problem Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
November 27, 2014, 06:00:26 AM
If you actually need $1000 for a month for a specific fiat purpose, why not just ask to borrow $1000 in fiat using your bitcoin as collateral, and pay back $1000 plus agreed interest?
At current prices, your security is c.150% of the loan, only becoming an issue for the lender if Bitcoin drops below $250. I don't think you will get 1% per month but I don't see why a lender wouldn't take that loan on in principle.

Is there a way to be 100% sure I'll get my sended btc back when i pay back the loan?

That's what an escrow is for, you either trust them or you don't.

Looking at your post history, you aren't that new.
Forgive me for being cynical, but I think you are hoping to speculate on a rise in the BTC price and want to get cheap leverage by trying to set up a sort of P2P bet disguised as a loan arrangement.
Not that there's anything scammy about that, a bearish lender might be happy to do it, but would want more than $10, otherwise they could just sell their own coin on an exchange, buy it back in a month and save all the hassle.

Not everyone is so bullish on bitcoin...

No, but I think you are  Wink  Good luck.

lol, just buy NOW, don't wait any second anymore before we go up again
November 27, 2014, 05:46:54 AM
Or it could be a cheap way of getting leverage for a month on a hoped for increase in the Bitcoin price, at a cost of $10.
Ignore the collateral for the minute, that's just security to be returned by the escrow on repayment of $1000 plus 1% i.e. $1010.
Say, for the sake of easy calculation, Bitcoin at the time of the loan is trading at $333.3, he gets 3 BTC = $1000.
IF the price goes up to say $505 during the month, then he pays back $1010, now only 2BTC, making a profit on the loan (as well as the collateral).   

that's exactly what i mean
i didn't mean to ask for a loan too, just if it would be reasonable someone would do that?
but it is not for buying bitcoin
but indeed, i would pay back 1010$ in bitcoin
if bitcoin is 10100$ in a month i would pay back 0.1 bitcoin, if it's worth 101$ i would give back 10 btc per btc lended. I'll immediately transfer those btc back to fiat so even when the price would go down like hell I'll still be able to pay back. It's just lending out fiat with an intrest rate of 1% a month (of 12.68% a year).
I could also do it with lower amounts maybe but the problem is how to use the collateral then. Is there a way to be 100% sure I'll get my sended btc back when i pay back the loan?

So you don't want to sell your bitcoin for USD and buy bitcoin back later, because you don't want the risk of bitcoin price going up in the next month, right?

What about selling ~2.7 btc for $1000 and buy it back later, and entering a leveraged long position at the same time to hedge the risk?
That would maybe cost me more and give me risk by putting my btc on an exchange

Regarding the cost, I don't think 1% monthly rate is good enough as the lender would have a loss (in terms of bitcoin) as long as bitcoin price goes up just 1% in the next month. I have no idea what is the "fair" rate should be though.

Regarding to risk, you are absolutely right.
yes but if he buys bitcoin with his fiat and sells them when he get them back he will have a profit in USD for sure. Not everyone is so bullish on bitcoin...
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 27, 2014, 03:28:42 AM
Or it could be a cheap way of getting leverage for a month on a hoped for increase in the Bitcoin price, at a cost of $10.
Ignore the collateral for the minute, that's just security to be returned by the escrow on repayment of $1000 plus 1% i.e. $1010.
Say, for the sake of easy calculation, Bitcoin at the time of the loan is trading at $333.3, he gets 3 BTC = $1000.
IF the price goes up to say $505 during the month, then he pays back $1010, now only 2BTC, making a profit on the loan (as well as the collateral).   

i didn't mean to ask for a loan too, just if it would be reasonable someone would do that?
if bitcoin is 10100$ in a month i would pay back 0.1 bitcoin, if it's worth 101$ i would give back 10 btc per btc lended. I'll immediately transfer those btc back to fiat so even when the price would go down like hell I'll still be able to pay back. It's just lending out fiat with an intrest rate of 1% a month (of 12.68% a year).
I could also do it with lower amounts maybe but the problem is how to use the collateral then. Is there a way to be 100% sure I'll get my sended btc back when i pay back the loan?

So you don't want to sell your bitcoin for USD and buy bitcoin back later, because you don't want the risk of bitcoin price going up in the next month, right?

What about selling ~2.7 btc for $1000 and buy it back later, and entering a leveraged long position at the same time to hedge the risk?

Regarding the cost, I don't think 1% monthly rate is good enough as the lender would have a loss (in terms of bitcoin) as long as bitcoin price goes up just 1% in the next month. I have no idea what is the "fair" rate should be though.

Regarding to risk, you are absolutely right.
November 27, 2014, 02:57:49 AM

November 27, 2014, 02:56:34 AM

You can try here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/offering-btc-loans-no-collateral-701592

he's loaning out btc, i'm not interested in that Smiley want usd (paid in whatever method but could be with bitcoin)

Just trying.. Smiley but you can look for something what you need in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=65.0

I think it will take more then 1 percent loan.  This is a very attractive loan as the borrower but less so for person loaning.  
why? 12.6% a year for your fiat, I don't know what you get on your bank account but I guess it's a bit less and even people put money on there...

Certainly a bank pays much less interest on deposits, but then again the bank is a MUCH lower risk.  Deposits at the bank here in the U.S. are regulated and insured by the F.D.I.C.

Are you running a regulated business? If I loan you money, will that loan be guaranteed by an extremely reliable insurance corporation?

If not, then the lender is taking a MUCH higher risk, and therefore should be adequately compensated for that additional risk.  If getting a bank loan was so easy for you, then you already would have gotten the loan there and would not be here looking for someone willing to take a chance on you.

There no risk if I give more collateral, right?
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 27, 2014, 02:05:00 AM

You can try here:

he's loaning out btc, i'm not interested in that Smiley want usd (paid in whatever method but could be with bitcoin)

Just trying.. Smiley but you can look for something what you need in this thread:

I think it will take more then 1 percent loan.  This is a very attractive loan as the borrower but less so for person loaning.  
why? 12.6% a year for your fiat, I don't know what you get on your bank account but I guess it's a bit less and even people put money on there...

Certainly a bank pays much less interest on deposits, but then again the bank is a MUCH lower risk.  Deposits at the bank here in the U.S. are regulated and insured by the F.D.I.C.

Are you running a regulated business? If I loan you money, will that loan be guaranteed by an extremely reliable insurance corporation?

If not, then the lender is taking a MUCH higher risk, and therefore should be adequately compensated for that additional risk.  If getting a bank loan was so easy for you, then you already would have gotten the loan there and would not be here looking for someone willing to take a chance on you.

Pretty much sums it up.  If you have a bank account you can get a fiat for cheaper on loan.   

There is a entire lending board on here, if you look because of risk the monthly fee is normally higher then one percent.
Activity: 868
November 26, 2014, 11:30:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
November 26, 2014, 08:34:10 PM

You can try here:

November 26, 2014, 08:06:02 PM

You can try here:

I think it will take more then 1 percent loan.  This is a very attractive loan as the borrower but less so for person loaning. 
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 26, 2014, 07:59:01 PM

You can try here:

I think it will take more then 1 percent loan.  This is a very attractive loan as the borrower but less so for person loaning. 
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 26, 2014, 07:42:14 PM

You can try here:

November 26, 2014, 07:39:51 PM

You can try here:

November 26, 2014, 07:38:41 PM

Pages:
Jump to: