Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you invest in the USD (or any other fiat currency ?) - page 2. (Read 396 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 102
I will invest in USD and other fiat currencies in forex trading . It is the most lucrative business even better than HODL bitcoin. You make your profit depending on the type of forex trading you do.
Activity: 70
Merit: 5
So far, every fiat currency in the world is inflationary. It will always decrease in value overtime in the long run. Its a guaranteed loss !

Whenever you sell bitcoin, you are buying a fiat currency; making sure you will lose in the long run

TLDR: JUST HODL BTC

Inflation is always relative to something else. If you simply had BTC and never used it then the price would never matter, you have to be comparing its price to something. Realistically most people at some point will want to spend the value they have in BTC, the easiest way to do this is to convert it to FIAT.

to purchase power
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
So far, every fiat currency in the world is inflationary. It will always decrease in value overtime in the long run. Its a guaranteed loss !

Whenever you sell bitcoin, you are buying a fiat currency; making sure you will lose in the long run

Inflation is always relative to something else. If you simply had BTC and never used it then the price would never matter, you have to be comparing its price to something. Realistically most people at some point will want to spend the value they have in BTC, the easiest way to do this is to convert it to FIAT.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
yes, I agree with you that the fiat of today can no longer be used as a currency value, in addition to high inflation, people also have start to saturate, because of its passive value.
but you also have to consider when you leave the fiat and move to crypto or bitcoin, then there is a big risk that you have to fight.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
All investments can generate income and loss. No matter you make these investments in Fiat or cryptocurrency. Income you bring not a currency. Income you bring to the project. Now for example the people who kept the dollars are losing their savings due to the depreciation of the dollar. Those who kept the cryptocurrency, too, are losing their savings due to the depreciation of the cryptocurrency. Ready-made recipes to make a profit does not exist.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
I wouldn't invest in  fiat currencies, it is not very promising compared to crypto currencies. Investing in crypto currencies is much more profitable, since their prices are rising fastly and the demand for them become higher recently.
Fiat money have low value and their prices are too volatiles, but rising so slowly.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
It depends on your situation. If you are a conservative investor, you might want to look for the low-risk investments with low

volatility. If you are more aggressive and a risk taker, you invest in things with a higher risk, like Crypto currencies. Your

situation will determine your appetite for risk. {If you have lots of disposable wealth, then you might be looking for

investments with a bit higher risk... because you can afford to take little knocks with low investment amounts.  Wink
that depends on where you come from. if you are from venezuela, your could think about it Cheesy

every fiat currency has historically depreciated
Newbie OP..what sort of education do you have under your belt to make such claims ? This is absolutely false and a waste of everyone’s times. As a licensed financial guy I can assure anyone this is not true. Fiat currency is traded daily in the markets, if it was only going down than no one would invest in it. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

take a look again
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 3014
Newbie OP..what sort of education do you have under your belt to make such claims ? This is absolutely false and a waste of everyone’s times. As a licensed financial guy I can assure anyone this is not true. Fiat currency is traded daily in the markets, if it was only going down than no one would invest in it. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

At some point you will still have to trust the fiat system to meet your needs because that is the only way you can only enjoy the btc you have pending the time  that bitcoin will be accepted as a mainstream currency. What is there is just that one should only convert what is being needed at the moment to fiat while you keep the other as asset. Aside that, converting to fiat to keep the value can also work out if you don't keep in cash and cash equivalents rather in investing activities most fixed assets.

indeed. convert to fiat only what you wanna spend. aside that: hold bitcoin
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
ahh not really .U can buy other things like cars property with fiat .I never hold lots of fiat just enough to get by with day to day
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I would not do it, but my father does invest in legit money, specifically in dollars. What happens is the same, the forms of investment are different for a person living in the United States than for a person living in Colombia. In Colombia, the dollar has a considerable monthly increase, while in the United States it is more feasible to invest in cryptocurrencies than in a currency that is traditional or in some other.
Activity: 476
Merit: 254

At some point you will still have to trust the fiat system to meet your needs because that is the only way you can only enjoy the btc you have pending the time  that bitcoin will be accepted as a mainstream currency. What is there is just that one should only convert what is being needed at the moment to fiat while you keep the other as asset. Aside that, converting to fiat to keep the value can also work out if you don't keep in cash and cash equivalents rather in investing activities most fixed assets.
LOL, yeah as far as investment and money hunger goes, you invest in bitcoin just to get the profit. but to answer your title i have to say yes in times you invest in USD.

i live in a country with a bad economy these days and USD price went up nearly 20% in the past month (or you can say local currency tanked!) and people have been investing in USD here to get something out of this disaster...

i hold bitcoin for sovereignty and, of course, because its stupid to hold a currency (fiat currencies) that have a guarantee of depreciation
I use USD because I can buy things with it and everybody accepts USD.

you can use a card that converts your btc to usd, so you hold btc and the merchant receives in valueless currency (usd)
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
LOL, yeah as far as investment and money hunger goes, you invest in bitcoin just to get the profit. but to answer your title i have to say yes in times you invest in USD.

i live in a country with a bad economy these days and USD price went up nearly 20% in the past month (or you can say local currency tanked!) and people have been investing in USD here to get something out of this disaster...
You can always choose to sell BTC for another crypto. In this case, you are not investing in fiat. There is USDT when you want to temporary sell your BTC for. But I totally agree that holding BTC is the best.

holding BTC is the best ! holding a (fiat)currency that will decrease in value overtime is a guaranteed failure
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

Reason is simple. We can't sustain life with digital numbers on computer, no matter whether these numbers increase or decrease.

One need money regularly for various daily needs. Especially when someone earning much of his earnings in the form of crypto. Also fiat money isn't investment, it is completely utility token so we can't consider in inflation factor.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
I use USD because I can buy things with it and everybody accepts USD.
Pages:
Jump to: