Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you invest in the USD (or any other fiat currency ?) - page 3. (Read 396 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 256
You can always choose to sell BTC for another crypto. In this case, you are not investing in fiat. There is USDT when you want to temporary sell your BTC for. But I totally agree that holding BTC is the best.
Activity: 70
Merit: 5
Always considered bitcoin and other crypto as a long-term investment, which in the future can become the most convenient for use.

no one knows that for sure ! but we know for sure that fiat currencies always depreciate
So far, every fiat currency in the world is inflationary. It will always decrease in value overtime in the long run. Its a guaranteed loss !

Whenever you sell bitcoin, you are buying a fiat currency; making sure you will lose in the long run

TLDR: JUST HODL BTC

The best idea is hold your money in different currencies (including criptocurrency) and hold in different places. Following this way you will minimize risk to loose money

not necessarily ! not much point on holding an asset thats guaranteed to depreciate
Of course you can invest in a fiat currency. I invested a few thousand dollars in a US current account because I thought the dollar would be more stable than Sterling during all the Brexit nonsense. I didn't buy bonds because bonds aren't as liquid, and have a greater risk because of the possibility of bank bail-ins. I've closed my dollar account, because I don't believe the dollar has a sustainable future any more. This is because of the massive debt mountain that is dragging it down. I've been transferring my dollar holding into .com domain names, and over the next few months I will be selling those for Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin is a much better long term investment, but you do need to be able to ride the coming "corrections". Some of those are likely to be fairly substantial in my opinion. But these will represent good opportunities to increase investment in Bitcoin.

smart move on moving long term inflationary currency into bitcoin !
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
Of course you can invest in a fiat currency. I invested a few thousand dollars in a US current account because I thought the dollar would be more stable than Sterling during all the Brexit nonsense. I didn't buy bonds because bonds aren't as liquid, and have a greater risk because of the possibility of bank bail-ins. I've closed my dollar account, because I don't believe the dollar has a sustainable future any more. This is because of the massive debt mountain that is dragging it down. I've been transferring my dollar holding into .com domain names, and over the next few months I will be selling those for Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin is a much better long term investment, but you do need to be able to ride the coming "corrections". Some of those are likely to be fairly substantial in my opinion. But these will represent good opportunities to increase investment in Bitcoin.
So far, every fiat currency in the world is inflationary. It will always decrease in value overtime in the long run. Its a guaranteed loss !

Whenever you sell bitcoin, you are buying a fiat currency; making sure you will lose in the long run

Im not getting the core point here. Why would you relate both the worlds in first place! The circulation for the bitcoin is fixed and whatever prices it is getting is getting because of the fiat currency only. If BTC = $1 and the market value for that currency drops then it doesn't really mean a lot to the BTC because after that also the BTC is $1 and whenever you will sell it, it will become the 1 USD only. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Its not really investing into the fiat currency but its the output of the BTC sell in terms of specific value which it had at the time of sell. Later you can utilise the same currency in the real world and everything is bought according to their value. So its like defined values everywhere.

- the core point is that you have an X amount of currency that you have to allocate somewhere. If you allocate in fiat currency, you are guaranteed to have less purchasing power in the future

- if you consider buying bitcoin investing, why dont you consider buying fiat investing ?
Merit: 250

The best idea is hold your money in different currencies (including criptocurrency) and hold in different places. Following this way you will minimize risk to loose money
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Im not getting the core point here. Why would you relate both the worlds in first place! The circulation for the bitcoin is fixed and whatever prices it is getting is getting because of the fiat currency only. If BTC = $1 and the market value for that currency drops then it doesn't really mean a lot to the BTC because after that also the BTC is $1 and whenever you will sell it, it will become the 1 USD only. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Its not really investing into the fiat currency but its the output of the BTC sell in terms of specific value which it had at the time of sell. Later you can utilise the same currency in the real world and everything is bought according to their value. So its like defined values everywhere.
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
Always considered bitcoin and other crypto as a long-term investment, which in the future can become the most convenient for use.
I mean if you're investing in the USD, you're not going to be investing in the currency itself. You're going to be investing in bonds that are supporting the government that is backing the USD, the US government would be this entity. Those have pretty low returns, though if you need safety or protection against inflation (TIPS bonds) this could be the best option for you.

I wouldn't though, that's just me in my situation though.

not necessarily ! i would actually say that there is way more usd not invested in bonds than usd invested in bonds
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
I mean if you're investing in the USD, you're not going to be investing in the currency itself. You're going to be investing in bonds that are supporting the government that is backing the USD, the US government would be this entity. Those have pretty low returns, though if you need safety or protection against inflation (TIPS bonds) this could be the best option for you.

I wouldn't though, that's just me in my situation though.
think about it

Pages:
Jump to: