Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you lend in cryptocurrency? - page 2. (Read 2549 times)

Activity: 783
Merit: 270
October 30, 2019, 12:37:27 AM
I am very much interest in giving out loans in cryptocurrency, but I really don't know how to go about it, though I know that people have been giving out loan in the loan section of this forum. If I am to choose any loan to give out, it will surely be bitcoin, I know that many people would be scared right now because of its volatility, but it is in the future that one will really enjoy it.

It would have been stable coin, but I really don’t see any benefit in having a coin that is stable and not going to benefit or profit me aside the interest. It is only when I don’t have any choice that I will go for stable coin, but for what I feel will really benefit me in the long run, I think that it will be bitcoin, I can still manage to give out Ethereum also, but I don’t think it will pay me as much as bitcoin.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
October 29, 2019, 08:22:38 PM
I think getting a loan in Bitcoin and other altcoins is very good, but it's still converted to dollars or euros. If I borrow 1 BTC for a long period of time, I think an unstable BTC price will make a different price if there is no prior agreement, such as how much BTC I return when it costs $10 thousand when I borrow, and how much BTC should I return it when it costs $20k
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
October 29, 2019, 07:59:18 PM
Online loans (replacing banks) are growing very rapidly and I hope that more and more companies are developing crypto lend, the presence of crypto lend can certainly add significantly to crypto users.
Activity: 467
Merit: 100
October 29, 2019, 07:28:43 PM
I have seen so many members giving out or lending members on this platform with different cryptocurrencies which to me is cool. This depends on the trust level of the individual and for me, I will lend depending on the current situation of the market and also the kind of person I am lending to.
Activity: 812
Merit: 262
October 29, 2019, 06:57:35 PM
Would you give a loan to borrowers in cryptocurrency?

If yes, in which cryptocurrency:
- Bitcoin
- Ethereum
- Stablecoin (please tell us in which)
- Libra
- Maxit (https://maxicreditcompany.com/whitepaper.pdf)
- Other (please tell us in which)

It will difficult and complicated to led cryptocurrency since it is dynamic and fluctuating all the time. True, you could use this as an advantage in such way that you can earn a lot more by just the timing of the peak of the price will be the time you will get paid. But it is a double edged sword and it might be used against you. Also, most lending institutions need KYC, something that most of us do not like. So, lending cryptocurrency has still a lot more to be improved before people will start getting interest for it.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
October 29, 2019, 06:34:23 PM

- Bitcoin
- Ethereum
- Libra

Sure, why not. I don't see the reason why i should not if he requests for the loan in cryptocurrencies, after all having to use cryptocurrencies for our daily transactions is what we wish to see and so if someone requests a loan in cryptocurrencies i would give it out. However i prefer dealing with bitcoins but whatever the case maybe i would want him to pay me the exact amount of bitcoin i sent and not it's dollar equivalent at the time of transaction.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
October 29, 2019, 06:28:49 PM
This post is an advertisement post, look at the other suggestion of op and his name too. There's even a whitepaper and link for that unknown token and the others, they don't even have link to be clicked.

I do not understand the procedure for granting a loan. Do you have to provide your personal information? If so then after that you and all your wallets will be in danger. Why do I need to take money from strangers and risk my anonymity? If personal data is not needed, who will protect the borrower?
There's lending in the forum and all you have to do is to be trusted and have a collateral, if you don't pass on any of the two, you will be declined. You are a senior member and I think you have been familiar with that process.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 785
October 29, 2019, 06:24:44 PM
The risk that is borne when lending using cryptocurrency is a fluctuating price, if when we lend the price up and be paid when the price goes down, it will not benefit us. Assets are fixed but the value of assets decreases. A safe choice is to use a stable coin like USDT. The safest way to lend is FIAT currency because it is stable and the value is not too volatile like crypto.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
October 29, 2019, 05:14:46 PM
Yes, I would.
The difference between FIAT loans and cryptocurrency loans is that in fiat you dont have to worry about currency fluctuations , you say that you get back the same amount + interest. But how would you define the amount in cryptos? The best way would be to define it with respect to fiat.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
October 29, 2019, 04:58:45 PM
No, i wouldnt want to lend or borrow in cryptocurrency because of its volatility.For example,  I can lend out a 300$ BTC to someone and might end up being 250$ when he or she is paying such to me back so i don't condone lending cryptocurrencies as the volatility is just too high
Yeah, people lend such amount and when they will gain profit so will be able to again give them back so if I got such a chance from someone I will take bitcoin. Getting 250$ then you invest it in good coin and one day you get profit so it will be good for you but I don’t know who are those people who give money to people but don’t use by themselves
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
October 29, 2019, 03:48:20 PM
Of course why not, especially if you have shortage in trading. Here in the forum, there are a lot of reputed people who were a good lender using cryptocurrency but usually, they are using Bitcoin. There's nothing wrong if you wanted to borrow a cryptocurrency as long as you have an earning too in crypto. Yes, that was quite a risk and a high-interest rate but if you had no choice you can grab the opportunity. You can visit on Lending board you can check how it works and who are those members here in the forum who was repeatedly asking loan.
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
October 29, 2019, 03:42:00 PM
I believe that if you give credit in cryptocurrency, it should be stable coins. If you choose volatile coins, it is not profitable for either side because of the strong fluctuations in the exchange rate.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 516
1BTC Welcome Bonus
October 29, 2019, 03:17:59 PM
I didn't lend any money e for my personal purpose also in in cryptocurrency platform. There are plenty of web sites providing lending support for the group of users to get the loan with proper collateral.
My personal advice please don't get lunch at all it will trash you in in few moments.
Activity: 46
October 29, 2019, 03:06:36 PM

- Bitcoin
- Ethereum
- Libra

It's weird to see LIBRA on the list when it's not officially launched, we don't even know for sure if it will pass regulatory hindrances. Well that said, I've always used Bitcoin in margin trading if that's the type of lending you are talking about. In essence, I'll give a loan in BTC.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
October 29, 2019, 02:57:16 PM
I do not understand the procedure for granting a loan. Do you have to provide your personal information? If so then after that you and all your wallets will be in danger. Why do I need to take money from strangers and risk my anonymity? If personal data is not needed, who will protect the borrower?
Activity: 2044
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 29, 2019, 12:38:12 PM
Of course bitcoin, why? Because I can offer on how amount of bitcoin he want but he would give interest but he pay was the bitcoin too. The price of bitcoin was volatile and it is hard to become a shitcoin so I am like to do investment on fair or winning.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 286
October 29, 2019, 10:18:59 AM
Borrowing with bitcoin or altcoin is not recommended. because the agreement must be complicated. when the return is in accordance with the price of bitcoin or the value of bitcoin and does not care about the price of any bitcoin. better if you lend or make loans using dollars or currencies that are not volatile like bitcoin. very risky in my opinion
What? Its good if you are planning to hold any of those coins, Did you visit the lending section there were lenders who made profit if they know what they are doing. Lending out coins is a good way to increase your holdings if you dont plan on buying the coin.
There is nothing bad in lending your coins to others. This way the practical use of crypto currencies will increase and people will start adopting them for their daily uses. I definitely would not mind giving my cons to someone who is great in day trading and earning a certain amount of percentage from him just by sitting home idle.
actually it's a good plan, by lending cryptoqurrency to your clients you will benefit from the initial percentage of interest or clients who are late paying returns beyond the agreement deadline. I also often observe how someone is lending or borrowing in the form of BTC in this forum.
I once borrowed ethereum from a lender and paid with some little interest even after not meeting up with the agreed date the guy extended the date plus additional interest which was quite reasonable BTC and ETH are the major cryptocurrencies that he lends out so far he had no issues with his clients while he might asked for collateral if the needs arises.
Yes of course, why not lend my money here if cryptocurrency can help me to earn money with my own. I am actually thankful that I knew bitcoin because when I have something to buy that I need in school or expenses in the house I can buy it with my own money, my mother dont even giving me money because I said I can support myself financially, I can help my family too in terms of expenses especially bills. Water bills and current bills. Most importantly the internet because this is all I need to access cryptocurrency, for me to be able to surf, I need internet, it is the most important thing for me to access different sectors with regard to cryptocurrency, also my gadgets. In this forum, I am making my own money by supporting some project and doing my tasks properly and making it on time so that the manager will pay me according to the works I have done.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
October 29, 2019, 09:55:04 AM
Borrowing with bitcoin or altcoin is not recommended. because the agreement must be complicated. when the return is in accordance with the price of bitcoin or the value of bitcoin and does not care about the price of any bitcoin. better if you lend or make loans using dollars or currencies that are not volatile like bitcoin. very risky in my opinion
What? Its good if you are planning to hold any of those coins, Did you visit the lending section there were lenders who made profit if they know what they are doing. Lending out coins is a good way to increase your holdings if you dont plan on buying the coin.
There is nothing bad in lending your coins to others. This way the practical use of crypto currencies will increase and people will start adopting them for their daily uses.  I definitely would not mind giving my cons to someone who is great in day trading and earning a certain amount of percentage from him just by sitting home idle.

Such service probably exist. I have seen many members advertise them here... Whether they are real/safe or not, I don't.

In my opinion, don't handover your Bitcoin to strangers just like that.

It should be possible to deposit your Bitcoin on a safe platform and still have totally control over it while  your paid trader trades on your behalf through a shared interface.
Activity: 57
October 29, 2019, 09:18:07 AM
No, i wouldnt want to lend or borrow in cryptocurrency because of its volatility.For example,  I can lend out a 300$ BTC to someone and might end up being 250$ when he or she is paying such to me back so i don't condone lending cryptocurrencies as the volatility is just too high
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
October 25, 2019, 04:14:47 PM
There are individuals who provide lending service, because they have TD fund that can be given out to those who want to borrow from them. So if I have enough fund for that, why can't I. At least, in a way, I will be of help to others. Although I have never borrowed, but that does not mean I cannot lend out.
Pages:
Jump to: