Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you lend in cryptocurrency? - page 8. (Read 2549 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
October 16, 2019, 12:19:40 PM
Would you give a loan to borrowers in cryptocurrency?

If yes, in which cryptocurrency:
- Bitcoin
- Ethereum
- Stablecoin (please tell us in which)
- Libra
- Maxit (https://maxicreditcompany.com/whitepaper.pdf)
- Other (please tell us in which)

Theres a lending section on this forum so people definitally Do it, not me personally tho.
i believe the easiest way to create a negative connection with another human is lend them money, it usually goes bad and ruins the connection with that person
BTC was CREATED to battle the problem DEBT has created in the world, maybe its better off we dont bring lending/debt into the crypto world haha
Activity: 1002
Merit: 250
October 16, 2019, 12:14:38 PM
I think a stable coin is a good option to loan because a stable income does not make me nervous when the bear market appears.
Activity: 854
Merit: 257
October 16, 2019, 12:11:15 PM
in no case would not give credit in the currencies listed by you. in a single usdt currency, the lending process could be considered. And in General it is terrible to do it while there is no regulation
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 16, 2019, 12:11:08 PM
I just heard this, is there any cryptocurrency website that has lending ?
Are we able to lend to the them ? Or did you mean a lending program that we have to pay certain amount then we got X% daily ?

Actually we work on a P2P lending system where people can lend each other - and using credit scores to choose how is trustworthy enough to give them a loan.
We are now before getting investment and launch a test.
You can find more on https://www.maxicreditcompany.com/ and on https://www.maxicreditcompany.com/whitepaper.pdf - many of the above-mentioned questions are answered there.
copper member
Activity: 798
Merit: 3
October 16, 2019, 12:07:50 PM
I would like to lend my cryptocurrency if the annual interest will be more than 15%. Also, Bitcoin will be my first choice to lend among all other crypto. This because Bitcoin is the evergreen digital currency which will never lost or stop by any of the body in the world and the demand of the Bitcoin is also growing day-by-day.
Activity: 630
Merit: 265
October 16, 2019, 12:01:59 PM

- Bitcoin
- Ethereum
- Libra

I think i would never try lending other people to have a cryptocurrency because even the price of bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies will start to increase, it will be difficult to force the person that you lend to return the money that you lend right away. But i think it is better to lend other people cryptocurrencies that has a good value like bitcoin, eth, xrp, and etc because they will surely increase their profit and for them to return the money that you lend right away.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 16, 2019, 11:31:09 AM
Are we able to lend to the them ? Or did you mean a lending program that we have to pay certain amount then we got X% daily ?
A lot of new projects are coming out with lending offer etc pngme,xcard etc some are going as far as getting users fund with ATM card for fiat but I dont know what the project might demand. I also dont know how the project plans to refund from every lender around the world, I dont trust people at all and dont think they can be too careful. This is not America that everyone can use a debit card and spend from what you dont have
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 16, 2019, 11:18:41 AM

- Bitcoin
- Ethereum
- Libra

This is a difficult question, because the estimation of crypto to fiat is always changing. if the benchmark is how much crypto is lent, it will be difficult because the value can change and we can lose or profit. but if the estimation is the amount of money borrowed, it will be fairer.

for that, it is more like bitcoin, because bitcoin is the largest crypto and is also best known by almost everyone.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
October 16, 2019, 11:12:07 AM
No, I wouldn't.  From what I've seen on bitcointalk, lending can be a lucrative game but can also be one where lenders can easily get scammed, especially if they lend bitcoin to a member based on that member's reputation instead of getting collateral up front.

The problem I have seen in the lending section is that very few borrowers have valid collateral to put up for a loan.  The only *good* collateral are altcoins since they can be transferred and sold easily, but oftentimes prospective borrowers will try to give physical goods as collateral, and that presents a logistical problem for an online crypto loan.  It might be fine if you were getting a loan from a pawnbroker, but it just doesn't work here.

Another reason I wouldn't lend money here is because I think most loans that are given out are for gambling and the like, and I don't want to be associated with helping a gambler wreck themselves.  If you've got to borrow money to place bets, the trouble has already started for you.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
October 16, 2019, 11:10:48 AM
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
October 16, 2019, 11:09:08 AM
No and never! I can only lend in cryptocurrency only if I know the borrower personally, otherwise not! With the increased adoption of cryptos few years back, a lot of p2p lending were launched. One of them was btcjam. I had actually lent more than a btc there and never got back even half of it! Lending makes sense when you have the assurance to receive it back, be it in fiat or in cryptos.

But crypto p2p lending without personally knowing the borrower, is a stupid thing to do! No matter what cryptocurrency you use!
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
October 16, 2019, 11:07:08 AM
Lending in cryptocurrency will sometimes give you extra profit even if the interest is low. Like for example, bitcoin now is $7,975.53 then let's say somebody loaned .01 BTC from you so that'll make you give them $79.7 but, when bitcoin hits let's say $9000 and the loan needs to repay that day, then that'll give you $90. Take note, the interest isn't part of that 90 dollars. And yes, I would lend cryptocurrency and there are lenders in this forum. Look at the Lending board.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 282
tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/
October 16, 2019, 11:00:55 AM
If that is someone I know there is a chance for me to do that. I prefer to choose stablecoin over the others, I do not like seeing the money I lend reduce or increase in value because of the price fluctuates. The stablecoin I choose is definitely USDT, it is stable compared to the other stablecoin.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 16, 2019, 10:50:21 AM

- Bitcoin
- Ethereum
- Libra

Pages:
Jump to: