Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you live on a seastead? - page 4. (Read 535 times)

legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
April 14, 2018, 07:31:39 PM
The idea of seasteading always sounded appealing to me, but I wonder what would it be like to actually live there. What are the costs of living, what kind of jobs can I get there, what is it like to live in the ocean (I've never been on any ship)? So, maybe I wouldn't be able to live there even if I wanted to for one of those reasons, but I would definitely want to visit a seastead at some point of my life.
Activity: 176
Merit: 1
Presale is live: BitPenta.com
April 14, 2018, 07:29:23 PM
That's very good and I also want to live there, I'm sure there must be many enthusiasts from various countries, how much to spend to stay there.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
April 14, 2018, 07:25:54 PM
I've also moved to Tahiti to see this project through so if I can do anything about it, this project will happen  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
April 14, 2018, 07:25:04 PM
Seasteading is the concept of creating permanent dwellings at sea, called seasteads, outside the territory claimed by any government. The term is a combination of the words sea and homesteading.

The basic premise is that if you don't like your government, you can float your house to another city/nation that is more to your liking. Essentially voting with your house.

If you have any questions let me know, I've been involved in seasteading since 2008 and am currently volunteering for the The Floating Island Project in French Polynesia to get the world's first seastead up and floating by 2021.
Pages:
Jump to: