Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you prefer to own a luxury watch or invest in bitcoin or other assets? - page 2. (Read 1377 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Why would I go for luxury watch? I do not even see anything that it offers that is interesting for me to decide investing in it. What if the watch spoils somehow? Grin. Okay, on a more serious note, Bitcoin is a way better investment because you can easily trade it at any day and anytime. No one will start asking you what brand of Bitcoin it is, how much you got it, or any of those long protocols of selling a luxurious asset. Oh, and you have to secure it again too… remember it’s physical. Even if there was no Bitcoin, I can use the money for something else other than investing in a luxurious watch… it just sounds weird (maybe because I don’t have that money).
Luxury watches grow in value overtime especially those that have a limited edition kind plastered on their boxes, they're expensive but they're well worth your money because they quickly grow in value but if I were to choose, I'd still go with bitcoin because I can get in to bitcoin much cheaper compare that to these luxury watches where it can go at a 20k USD at a minimum and that's not even the ones that will grow in price exponentially.
Asides that, there are actually many brands of watch and many products too out there. I don’t trust the idea because someone has too many options to choose from… instead of buying this brand you have, they may rather buy the other one. And what if you need the money really urgent and then you are forced to sell, you’ll likely sell it for a lower price because someone can rather buy one which is out-of-the-box than buy the one you already unboxed.
Activity: 224
Merit: 195
Owning a luxurious watch is not a big deal, depending on the value of the watch compared to the amount of Bitcoin to be owned.
Despite the choice of the person, it is good to put into consideration that the price of Bitcoin will definitely appreciate with time only for those who find it necessary to hold for the long term and there is every tendency of it surpassing the cost of the watch.
So the better option will be choosing Bitcoin over the luxurious watch.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Luxury watches at the top end of the market can be considered as an alternative form of investment. While I don't possess extensive knowledge about watches, my understanding from available information suggests that reselling them can yield a substantial profit. The return on investment for luxury watches tends to be quite satisfactory. Prominent examples of such watches include Patek Philippe, Rolex, and Audemars Piguet, some of which have a waitlist spanning two years. Most of these watches tend to appreciate in value.

However, the worth attributed to an item is typically influenced by its demand and supply. While I believe that owning one or two high-end watches, provided they are well-maintained, may outperform stocks, gold, and real estate, it's worth noting that their appeal may diminish over time. This is because future generations are increasingly gravitating towards other interests, such as bitcoin and other emerging trends. If given the choice, would you prefer to own a luxury watch or invest in bitcoin, digital assets, gold, stocks, or real estate?

First of all, I am not a luxurious person, and I have no passion for such things. I would rather use the luxury purchase here as a crypto investment. At least in this way, it is possible to produce a profit.

Instead of buying a luxury that can't be considered an investment, I remembered that I watched someone when the iPhone Pro Max 15 was first released. There was an interview, and he was very happy that he had bought an iPhone Pro Max or that he already had one, and he said that it was a good investment. I just laughed because what he was saying was not true and he didn't seem to know what he was saying.

Every expensive gadget, as time passes, decreases in value, not increases, unlike real estate, which increases in value as the day or time passes.
You're right about luxury vs. bitcoin from a typical investment perspective. It's simple, right? Luxury items depreciate; it's like watching money evaporate. Crypto? Though hot in the investment world, it's volatile and unpredictable. Prepared for that roller coaster? Yes, the iPhone Pro Max guy is wrong to assume it's an investment. However, investments aren't always about money. Could he value it for its delight, status, or utility? We can't ignore that.

You're emphasizing that tangible things like real estate appreciate. It's investing 101. But consider intangible returns from certain purchases. Sometimes value lies in the experience, efficiency, or delight, not the resale. Balance matters. Not everything can be painted the same. Crypto's a hot ticket, but not a cure-all. You need market knowledge and strategy. Calculated jump, not blind. Making that calculation?

Totally true dude, that's why luxury people are really rich people, because they have a lot of money they don't think about whether they're wasting money, because you know they might be having problems with how they're going to spend their money. Maybe that's why they spend it on buying luxury cars.

But for other rich people who are not that fond of luxury cars, they spend more on investment than this thing. So, we should always be there to produce profit from the investment we will make.

That's right bro, those who buy luxury watches are rich people, as if for them it's an investment because maybe they're making it a collection. With so much money, they don't know how to spend it, so maybe they are buying any luxury items. I believe that not all investments are about money.
I also dream of having luxury watches and luxury cars that's why I work hard to fulfill and get what I want in the future.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 347
Not to brag on this but i still have both and I'm still quite comfortable with what I'm doing without having to do a pick and choose comparison of what to do whether it's having an expensive watch or being in bitcoin as long as I can do both then I guess it doesn't matter.
Although in this case when compared in terms of price it may not be said to be expensive for others but I still think it is an expensive watch for myself and it is also one of the assets of what I have because in the end this can also be used as one of the investments that I do.

Its not about wasting money but I think that this is a pleasure that I have and this is a self reward for me for the results of the hard work that I do. As for being in bitcoin it is also a very good thing and I still do that until now but that doesnt mean I cant buy what i want as a form of self reward for myself.
If you are someone who do have that money then for sure you wont really be caring about on how you would really be spending it out but for those someone who are really that targeting or aiming on having that better financial life or capacity then pretty sure that they would really be giving out priority in speaking about investment and other correlated stuffs on which we know that this is the smart way on making yourself having those chances in speaking about better finances because these are the only method on which things makes even more better but of course you should really be that mindful in speaking about the risks involved since we know that in investment or similar venture then there's always a chance on wrecking up yourself but it is really way more better or more worth to try rather than on having no actions at all.

In speaking about buying up some luxury things then it isnt really that bad as long you wont really be having that any problems when it comes to funds on which you could really be able to
sustain up yourself despite of having that kind of spending.Whereas, it would really be that totally different to those who do have just only sufficient amount of money
but still giving out that kind of priority spending.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 641
https://duelbits.com/
Not to brag on this but i still have both and I'm still quite comfortable with what I'm doing without having to do a pick and choose comparison of what to do whether it's having an expensive watch or being in bitcoin as long as I can do both then I guess it doesn't matter.
Although in this case when compared in terms of price it may not be said to be expensive for others but I still think it is an expensive watch for myself and it is also one of the assets of what I have because in the end this can also be used as one of the investments that I do.

Its not about wasting money but I think that this is a pleasure that I have and this is a self reward for me for the results of the hard work that I do. As for being in bitcoin it is also a very good thing and I still do that until now but that doesnt mean I cant buy what i want as a form of self reward for myself.
Activity: 558
Merit: 131
Depending on the type of luxurious watch you are referring to. You would have given specifications and the worth of the luxurious watch and the amount that is to be invested in Bitcoin or other assets. Let me for example i have the option to choose a watch that costs about $24k and a cash of $24k to invest in Bitcoin and some other assets.

Personally, I would choose the $24k because I could get a watch at a lower price since I am not interested in showing high-classy lifestyle, then use some part of the money and invest in Bitcoin, start a business, and also invest in other assets. On the other hand, the luxurious watch can be a store of value. Watches with diamonds and all that can be saved for some time and sell them in the future.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 390
If given the choice, would you prefer to own a luxury watch or invest in bitcoin, digital assets, gold, stocks, or real estate?

I will have to choose investing in Bitcoin over luxury. This is because I understand the Bitcoin market better and know how the profit can be calculated. But that of the luxury watch, for which I believe the price tag might depreciate or reduce and whose value is highly dependent on either the price of material used for the making or the power that the brand holds in society and the hype it gets from the market, for the main time the luxury watch will be considered very expensive because of the hype that's it's gotten in the market, but we also have to consider what will happen next if their competitors have to take over the market with a more trending product, the outcome will be a decrease in price, and the case won't be any different from what was experienced in the time of NFT hype.
Yes bitcoin has potential to profit a big amount in long holding and bring chance a luxury lifestyle. Among the cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin is a coin that is very valuable and has a high demand in the market due to which investors prefer Bitcoin.  If you invest in other assets you will profit but it will be slowly but Bitcoin will boost your profit which will give multiple times more profit in short time than other assets. So surely Bitcoin can be a good investment choice for a luxury lifestyle. I agree on this
Activity: 266
Merit: 113
Luxury watches at the top end of the market can be considered as an alternative form of investment. While I don't possess extensive knowledge about watches, my understanding from available information suggests that reselling them can yield a substantial profit. The return on investment for luxury watches tends to be quite satisfactory. Prominent examples of such watches include Patek Philippe, Rolex, and Audemars Piguet, some of which have a waitlist spanning two years. Most of these watches tend to appreciate in value.

However, the worth attributed to an item is typically influenced by its demand and supply. While I believe that owning one or two high-end watches, provided they are well-maintained, may outperform stocks, gold, and real estate, it's worth noting that their appeal may diminish over time. This is because future generations are increasingly gravitating towards other interests, such as bitcoin and other emerging trends. If given the choice, would you prefer to own a luxury watch or invest in bitcoin, digital assets, gold, stocks, or real estate?
i have never considered buying of luxurious watch as an investment to be very honest. If I am not wrong, most wrisk watches becomes outdated after a while and apart from the authenticity of the material used in the making of the watch, most persons would want to buy a recently manufactured watch with a current design and aesthetics than going for one that was manufactured five to ten years ago.

Bitcoin has proven to be very volatile in a positive sense and although at certain occasion, it value might reduce, deoreciation doesn't act on bitcoin and I would prefer it over wristwatch investment anyway and anytime.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 351

Well for me those list of watches are considered as an asset because of it's collectors value. But for me a $100 GShock watch is enough because to be honest I can't afford to have expensive watches like Rolex or Patek. As a primary investment choice I personally prefer real estate, precious metals/stones and Bitcoin beacuse all of them are future proof. But if given a chance to buy a "collectible luxury watch" then why not?
Activity: 812
Merit: 252

Choosing a luxury watch is a matter of taste and perhaps those who buy luxury watches have much better finances so deciding to buy a luxury and expensive watch is not a problem for them.
But if the question was addressed to me then I would definitely prefer to invest money in a much more productive place, such as buying several assets that have good potential in the future.
People tend to look at things based on need and suitability and if this question is asked to people who do not have good financial resources then they will choose investment.
But in reality, almost everyone would love to have luxury and expensive items, but it all depends on someone's purchasing ability.
What you say is very true, this really depends on a person's taste and also their ability to own a luxury watch, of course this is not a problem for them because they can buy it whatever the price.
Yes, I will also do that because I am very uncomfortable wearing a watch because I am not used to wearing watches, whatever the price, for me it would be better to invest because I have many needs so I have to prepare well so I can achieve what I want.
Indeed, everyone wants luxury and expensive goods and only some people are still comfortable choosing a simple life and having investments that can guarantee their future.
Activity: 1195
Merit: 559

Choosing a luxury watch is a matter of taste and perhaps those who buy luxury watches have much better finances so deciding to buy a luxury and expensive watch is not a problem for them.
But if the question was addressed to me then I would definitely prefer to invest money in a much more productive place, such as buying several assets that have good potential in the future.
People tend to look at things based on need and suitability and if this question is asked to people who do not have good financial resources then they will choose investment.
But in reality, almost everyone would love to have luxury and expensive items, but it all depends on someone's purchasing ability.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
High end watches are good source of investment as it commands good return on investment over time like paintings. Investors should always diversify into many portfolios because there are up and downs for all investment.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453

First of all, I am not a luxurious person, and I have no passion for such things. I would rather use the luxury purchase here as a crypto investment. At least in this way, it is possible to produce a profit.

Instead of buying a luxury that can't be considered an investment, I remembered that I watched someone when the iPhone Pro Max 15 was first released. There was an interview, and he was very happy that he had bought an iPhone Pro Max or that he already had one, and he said that it was a good investment. I just laughed because what he was saying was not true and he didn't seem to know what he was saying.

Every expensive gadget, as time passes, decreases in value, not increases, unlike real estate, which increases in value as the day or time passes.
You're right about luxury vs. bitcoin from a typical investment perspective. It's simple, right? Luxury items depreciate; it's like watching money evaporate. Crypto? Though hot in the investment world, it's volatile and unpredictable. Prepared for that roller coaster? Yes, the iPhone Pro Max guy is wrong to assume it's an investment. However, investments aren't always about money. Could he value it for its delight, status, or utility? We can't ignore that.

You're emphasizing that tangible things like real estate appreciate. It's investing 101. But consider intangible returns from certain purchases. Sometimes value lies in the experience, efficiency, or delight, not the resale. Balance matters. Not everything can be painted the same. Crypto's a hot ticket, but not a cure-all. You need market knowledge and strategy. Calculated jump, not blind. Making that calculation?

Totally true dude, that's why luxury people are really rich people, because they have a lot of money they don't think about whether they're wasting money, because you know they might be having problems with how they're going to spend their money. Maybe that's why they spend it on buying luxury cars.

But for other rich people who are not that fond of luxury cars, they spend more on investment than this thing. So, we should always be there to produce profit from the investment we will make.
Activity: 308
Merit: 197

I respect your decision of  not being  a luxury person but I disagree in the part where you not considering some luxury items as investment.  I believe you read the OP post before coming to say this, he made it clear the kind of luxury his was referring in the context, and those are really good investments plan. Owning some of those expensive watches are also part of investment, they are even some art works that appreciate with time as well that is if you’re an art person, some also worth millions of dollars. I really can’t tell what makes them have so much value like that, but I’m just pointing out that they are not bitcoin or real estate.
   Owning a gadget is no form of investment, no matter how expensive it might be. Because as time goes by new features and grades will come out.  Personally I love luxury and love to keep it simple and being a watch person.  Having this expensive watches is my dream and joy. I am better off with my watch than having necklaces on. This doesn’t mean I won’t also invest in crypto and real estate to. The aim is to have them all, and hope to have best yield from any of the investments.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 105
Chainjoes.com
Now, comparing watches to Bitcoin? That's like comparing apples to…well, whatever the digital equivalent of apples is. Bitcoin's a whole different beast, a volatile volcano of speculation and potential. It can soar to dizzying heights, leaving even the most jaded investor breathless with excitement. But it can also plummet like a rogue wave, dragging your hard-earned cash down to the murky depths of despair.

So, which is better? Watches or Bitcoin? The truth, partner, is that there's no one-size-fits-all answer. It depends on your risk appetite, your knowledge base, and your definition of "investment." Do you crave the tangible, the physical heft of a finely crafted timepiece? Or are you drawn to the intangible, the thrill of the digital unknown? As for my choice, I will lean towards bitcoin. Perhaps in my personality, I love adventure and excitement, so bitcoin will really be an asset that can help me become a "money person" in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1096
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268

Activity: 2478
Merit: 210
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
It is not obligatory for rich individuals to own luxurious watches.

It really is not obligatory but rich people often view luxurious things as just something that satisfies them if bought i see lots of replies here saying that luxurious watches are also investments because if you buy a model that is rare or limited then you can sell it for a higher price in the future and i guess this goes the same way for other luxurious items like bags or shoes

I am not a rich person but usually i would say that these rich people, when buying luxurious items they do not really think of it as an investment even some collectors just collect just because they want to

Maybe someday when i am rich enough to afford a luxurious watch AND invest in bitcoin i can have both
Activity: 1008
Merit: 371
Maybe in the future, if I am a rich person, I will consider investing in luxury watches, seeing that it can convince investors to believe in the business I am building. However, looking at my current condition, investing in Bitcoin is much more realistic and profitable for me. Investing in Bitcoin does not require millions of dollars like investing in luxury watches. I can start with small capital and build my portfolio slowly, but over time I am sure that it can give me high profits.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
It is not obligatory for rich individuals to own luxurious watches. I am not rich so there is more justification for me not to possess a luxurious watch. I am satisfied with my affordable watch that can serve its purpose.

I would choose to utilize the cash and put it into Bitcoin, gold, or stocks. Bitcoin is my ideal pick if I only have to choose one.

Real estate is an expensive asset and can cost more than the common luxury watch. You can earn rentals from it or start an agricultural business and earn a steady income. Use the income to invest in bitcoin, gold, and stocks. This is the best pick but only if you can afford it.
Pages:
Jump to: