Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you trust FB with your KYC details? - page 10. (Read 13830 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 21
No I can't trust any one with my KYC details including Facebook ,the reason why I like the Facebook coin is the impact it will create on crypto world, awareness to bitcoin and all altcoins in general ,many new people will now what crypto is at least and many will want to invest to so that's more crypto adoption
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
This is not even a crypto currency and FB team have already confirmed this. You can forget about anonymity by using LIBRA, because if there would be any case Facebook is going to share your personal data.
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
I try to avoid projects that require KYC, because the project can be blown away without starting, and then personal information will be walking around the Internet.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
I think everyone heard of Facebook data leaks, so they need to do their best to avoid such occasions in the future. I think KYC details will only be available in case of governmental requests.
If the government required it then the business don't have anything to refuse the request, it's really tough for someone to provide KYC it's your
personal data where everything can be ruined in just a glimpse of an eye, it's needs to be reassess and wait if there's improvement that FB can
provide protecting their clients.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
More and more people regularly sign up on facebook and that includes me and as a facebook user they already gained my trust because im a facebook user for over 9 years now  and with that time frame so far i dont see any suspicous things going on my account . facebook is a social platform and they will require your personal details , including phone number , selfie , name , address , etc  . i think that is more than a kyc could do   .
Activity: 1382
Merit: 105
As you know almost every centralized exchange and also ICO requirement of KYC is compulsory, and also requirement of FATF ,so i hope FB can be trust-able.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
I trusted someone i dont know or just a developer to take my bounty earnings, he or she can do anything as they like so trusting facebook is not an issue..
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
I wouldn't.

I would, I have a facebook account with my real information on it, so no reason for me not to trust their crypto project.

I don't think this coin will succeed! What do you think?

I think of the opposite, if small names succeeded in crypto, how much more this big name, they will be hype and people are looking for a good investment where they think will be safe, Facebook has reputation, they would trust on it.
There is absolutely no Facebook user that will even be worried over Facebook KYC requirement because like you said, they already have the details through their registrations, and this is one of the reason why I believe they will succeed, everyone concerned with the coin, or that hears about the coin, are already members of Facebook community.

The only action that will be required is just for them to participate in the project by buying the coin. The only thing I am still not completely sure of is if the project will be good for investment, if not, this might limit their success a bit, because most crypto users are more interested in the investment aspect of it to the utility part of it.
Merit: 10
I think everyone heard of Facebook data leaks, so they need to do their best to avoid such occasions in the future. I think KYC details will only be available in case of governmental requests.
Activity: 487
Merit: 105
I wouldn't. I don't think this coin will succeed! What do you think?
I do not trust anyone with my personal data and bypass any projects that require to pass the KYC procedure. The coin which decided to launch a Facebook, I initially did not trust. I will not buy it and will not cooperate with them. They most cried about the ban cryptocurrencies on their pages. Now themselves launch. I don't.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
Of course it will succeed, they have not even released the project, their hype is already high, even if people don’t know what the project will be like in future, there are millions of people that are already willing to give it a try because of Facebook’s popularity.

When I saw the headline this morning, I thought Facebook had launched and my heart skipped a little, thinking I would have missed out, and then I learnt it won’t be released till next year. KYC or no KYC, Facebook will succeed, what more KYC details does Facebook need that they don’t already have, they have over a billion users already registered on their platform with their KYC done already, so talking of KYC now is really insignificant.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
Facebook will keep it a secret.

I wouldn't trust Facebook with anything. Their business model is based on extracting and monetising our personal data. Libra is another step on the path towards FB knowing everything we do. Look at their history of privacy abuses and meddling in curated newsfeeds and influencing government elections.

I remember when Facebook, Google, Amazon etc were regarded as cool new companies that would be different to the evil capitalist corporations that ran the world. That time has long passed, these companies are just as evil as their predecessors. Everything is money. They have no noble aims.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I think KYC only for your personal data will not be published and Facebook will keep it a secret. for coin problems I think I will hope that the fb coin can be successful in cryptocurrency like other coins.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Putting the data breach incident in the past years aside, I will still have the trust to give Facebook my data. Why? because they have been in the industry for quite some time now and just like apple and Microsoft they are continuing and learning from their past mistakes regarding the storage and security of our data.
Activity: 742
Merit: 42
I don't think facebook need us to do the KYC for libra, they know everything about us even our small details. They can track us easily, so what will be the use of KYC?

If they are going to ask the KYC for each participant who is willing to invest in their Libra maybe I'll be going to do my own research first of how will libra benefits me. And if I found that is good, why not?
copper member
Activity: 462
I wouldn't have problems with submitting my kyc to the Facebook libra coin project but I really don't see their point of asking for kyc when they've almost all the data's they need in your Facebook account.  Well I sure they would want to follow compliance and let's see how it goes then
Merit: 354
As it's Facebook, they probably know who you are anyway even before you give them KYC information. But no, I wouldn't trust them and I don't think anyone should trust them. They have a history of abusing trust and abusing private personal data.
Activity: 67
Merit: 3
TBH I would trust them with my details but that’s because I’ve already got an account on there so I’m not sending anything new.
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs
If you already have Facebook and I think 95% of the majority here must have it, then I guess they don't need what we often call KYC anymore. The data registered for Facebook is more than the KYC itself.
Activity: 546
By just creating an account in FB, you are already entrusting them your KYC. FB knows it all, your internet habit and your personal info. Those data are what they sell to advertisers.
Pages:
Jump to: