Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you trust FB with your KYC details? - page 5. (Read 13830 times)

Activity: 358
Merit: 10
I wouldn't. I don't think this coin will succeed! What do you think?

I don't think you have anything else to hide as Facebook already have all your personal data but except I'd you are not on Facebook then you can be sceptical about them having access to your data
Activity: 476
Merit: 88
Online Cryptocurrency Exchange
I do not have any problems with submitting kyc to the Facebook , the project but I really don't see their point of asking for kyc when they've almost all the data's they need in your Facebook account.  I surely that they would want to follow complaint and we will see how do they react to that.

In most cases, they do not have yet your ID (but still, really often when opening a new account on FB you need to verify your ID to use the account)/card/utility bill. With this, your profile can be sold to advertising agencies to give you ads. Or imagine (foil hat mode on), that when gathering your data they can find out and decide that you are drinking too much of alcohol (as you buy alcohol and post photos of you drinking with friends) - and you will not be eligible for health insurance, car insurance available for you would cost 3x more than normally.
I do not have any problems with submitting kyc to the Facebook , the project but I really don't see their point of asking for kyc when they've almost all the data's they need in your Facebook account.  I surely that they would want to follow complaint and we will see how do they react to that.
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
KYC is simply mean know your customer, i believed every KYC made is a personal means of identification is a human or not, Hence, by implementing Facebook personal account into the company we also help for more direct message to the customer.
Activity: 403
In my opinion this is way too irrelevant. Facebook company knows all the details about you already, don't forget, they hold most of your sensitive information and have access to them even without your permission. The question of whether to give them your ( KYC ) documents or not isn't really important. One can only hope that these information aren't used for something that can destroy your dignity as a crypto user.
Activity: 475
Merit: 100

Kyc to open an account that was banned or hacked?  if that's me i don't want to do kyc on fb why?  because making a new account, it still works
Activity: 316
This has been already have so much other information about you (KYC) and now they will have control over your wallet and how you transact with family, friends and others. And If anybody have the prospect about privacy, people will look for a payments processing messaging app that obscures payment detail.
Activity: 406
Merit: 112
When you use Facebook, it means that you automatically accept your identities leaks, sooner or later (from what Facebook leaked their users' data). With Libra coin, you have to accept KYCs from Facebook policies to be legally and fully use that coin. Temporarily, we don't know that Libra will be accepted to launch by USA's law makers or not. It is a future story, but in case Libra legally accepted by law makers, USA congress, and so on, identities (KYCs) still be the most important reason to consider when you want to use Libra.
Activity: 448
I don't have trust in kyc. Anything that requires kyc in cryptos is no, no for me. I don't even give my personal information in my Facebook. I don't care if libra is is like a paypal. I trust paypal, but not with libra.
Activity: 910
Merit: 12
Facebook already has millions of users' information. Therefore, I do not think that KYC will be very important. I'm just wondering if the Libra coin will succeed or not. Libra's future is very uncertain at this stage. But my own opinion is that Libra will succeed.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 379
No i would not trust facebook with my KYC because we do not know yet if the facebook will be success here in cryptocurrency, if my important details will be exposed here i think that is bad for me and i think i am getting many problem.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 709
Facebook already knows a lot of information about you: if it also learns about your most sensitive data (financial transactions) it can put them together with everything else. And then you will be filed without a way out. Orwell was an optimist compared to this.
Activity: 910
Merit: 503
I think Facebook already have our personal information, supplying our kyc documents is only to double check it with our Facebook profiles.
The coin will succeed since Facebook is a trusted platform.

Unfortunately that’s true. I know many people trying to see good parts of this coin but somehow i still don’t trust. Maybe because it’s related with FB, it annoys me lol. But my opinion is subjective and maybe this project will succeed. I don’t even have FB now and i’m not gonna do KYC Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
I never trusted any company or project with my KYC details in the past not to talk of facebook. But facebook in one way or the other already know 70% of informations about its users, So I really don't see any special thing in there KYC...
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
FB already has millions of user data more or less complete. Additional KYC will not be a big problem for FB users if they support FB-coin of course.

Exactly, they already have so many information`s about everyone, and Facebook already have implemented KYC, there are people who did that
long time ago. I don`t know what will Libra look like when it`s get out, even less I know about distribution of their coin. What ever they do will be
interesting for entire crypto-community that I know. Many people will learn about crypto-currencies and many people will start to use it.

FB already has millions of user data more or less complete. Additional KYC will not be a big problem for FB users if they support FB-coin of course.
Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
We in a crypto industry knows that we can not trust any third party organization. So the best move would be KYC on blockchain, like ICON solution or something that can´t be easily abused.
Activity: 630
Merit: 20

Too early to speculate that Fb coin will not succeed. And also, I am not in favor with KYC things even if facebook will gonna require it which I think would not since it is a stable coin, they will reconsider those issues like KYC thing, etc. However, we all had submitted our KYC to facebook and they have already our data stored in their system. Eventhough, I still did not want to trust it.
Activity: 304
Merit: 100
If I will use Facebook for KYC, I think all of tge details about me will be exposed which might not be good. Also, it is better to use private accounts for KYC. The use of the company's website is vetter than using FB because only the important details will be seen.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
If you are a regular facebook user, they already have much more of your data than your KYC - locations, friends, etc. If you trust them with that, is the bigger problem I think.
And adding some personal documents to the list is not making much of a difference.
Pages:
Jump to: