Pages:
Author

Topic: Writing analysis on Satoshi Nakamoto. - page 3. (Read 6806 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Death to enemies!
October 16, 2012, 08:29:50 PM
Casascius is a reasonable person but I probably remember that moronic Bitcoin 2.0 proposal too. Such scamcoin 2.0 proposals pop up from time to time but for most part they are a result of spending too many bitcoins on Silk Road weed, not attempt to hide who is Satoshi.
legendary
Activity: 1221
Merit: 1025
e-ducat.fr
October 16, 2012, 06:33:17 PM
Limechat is a well known IRC client, especially on iOS.
Many devs in the core team use a Mac to code and communicate via IRC.
The publisher of Limechat is a developper named Satoshi Nakagawa.
Any other question ?
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
October 16, 2012, 05:53:30 PM
How can we get a writing analysis done on all of Satoshi's written works to see if there is consistency among them?

Someone already did it. I read about it more than a year ago, but can't find that paper now.
Have any defunct links for it?

http://www.fastcompany.com/1785445/bitcoin-crypto-currency-mystery-reopened

I started with some amateur textual analysis of Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin paper, extracting fragments of phrases and running them through Google. I figured I'd see if any of the ones in the paper appear elsewhere online. People tend to repeat themselves. The trick is to plug in unique-sounding fragments and place them in quotes. That way you only get a handful of results to comb through. I struck out on the first few, which all appeared solely in the Bitcoin paper, and there was one irrelevant link. Then I tried the term "computationally impractical to reverse." It resulted in 26 results...

Wooo. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
October 16, 2012, 05:52:44 PM
How can we get a writing analysis done on all of Satoshi's written works to see if there is consistency among them?

Someone already did it. I read about it more than a year ago, but can't find that paper now.

http://www.fastcompany.com/1785445/bitcoin-crypto-currency-mystery-reopened

I started with some amateur textual analysis of Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin paper, extracting fragments of phrases and running them through Google. I figured I'd see if any of the ones in the paper appear elsewhere online. People tend to repeat themselves. The trick is to plug in unique-sounding fragments and place them in quotes. That way you only get a handful of results to comb through. I struck out on the first few, which all appeared solely in the Bitcoin paper, and there was one irrelevant link. Then I tried the term "computationally impractical to reverse." It resulted in 26 results...

EDIT: ...and some info here - http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/10/10/111010fa_fact_davis
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 2151
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
October 16, 2012, 05:49:32 PM

For history's sake. Historians make a living at this kind of thing.

Historians make a living a)Teaching new historians and 2)Selling cars and real estate.
October 16, 2012, 05:42:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Death to enemies!
October 16, 2012, 05:33:58 PM
The analysis first must answer is Satoshi a single person or group. Or probably group that used only single spokesperson. As far as I know only Seppuku Fujitsu used Satoshi's identity to communicate.
The software has been said to be beyond the work of one person.
Not all programmers are noobs. The original client is very well written but I have seen even more impressive code made by single person.
legendary
October 16, 2012, 05:17:15 PM

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
October 16, 2012, 05:08:50 PM
Writing analysis is remarkably easy to cheat.  The easiest way is to impersonate someone else's writing style.  E.g. some author or journalist.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
October 16, 2012, 05:06:35 PM
I thought Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym for more than one person. I just don't think you can do a simple semantic equation with 'his' writings to find true similarities. I wouldn't expect that from top cryptographers.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
October 16, 2012, 05:03:05 PM
The third time, Casascius is Satoshi Nakamoto. Everything from timing to ability, style and motive matches.

But I or anybody else can't prove it, so it might as well be somebody else or multiple people.

It's the 3rd time u mention that Satoshi = Casascius. I got why u do it. U try to hide that Satoshi is YOU!

That would be really nice if it were true Smiley
legendary
October 16, 2012, 05:01:23 PM
The third time, Casascius is Satoshi Nakamoto. Everything from timing to ability, style and motive matches.

But I or anybody else can't prove it, so it might as well be somebody else or multiple people.

It's the 3rd time u mention that Satoshi = Casascius. I got why u do it. U try to hide that Satoshi is YOU!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
October 16, 2012, 04:58:14 PM

legendary
October 16, 2012, 04:58:01 PM
Let's settle this once and for all.

Irrelevant and pointless. I mean name a single good reason why it would matter?

Irrelevant and pointless. A human doesn't need a reason to know the truth.
October 16, 2012, 04:53:48 PM

For history's sake. Historians make a living at this kind of thing.

Hmm, Hazek, you wouldn't happen to be associated with Satoshi Nakamoto, would you?
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Earthling
October 16, 2012, 04:52:55 PM

Jobs?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
October 16, 2012, 04:51:41 PM

October 16, 2012, 04:47:29 PM
How can we get a writing analysis done on all of Satoshi's written works to see if there is consistency among them? I am becoming more convinced we are dealing with an organization here a la Bavarian Illuminati, who started many of the world's revolutions.

If we can prove that there is no consistency among the communications of Nakamoto, we can prove that Bitcoin's first implementation is the work of many anonymous individuals.

People have said that Satoshi Nakamoto has been very hard to communicate with. The software has been said to be beyond the work of one person.

Update: http://www.fastcompany.com/1785445/bitcoin-crypto-currency-mystery-reopened
Pages:
Jump to: