Pages:
Author

Topic: WTF Cointerra - page 2. (Read 11593 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
ASIC Myth Buster
November 18, 2013, 12:40:07 AM
See, no reasons to panic without the confirmation or official notice from the vendor.  Actually I was shocked they posted on Sunday Night!  Good Job! 

Maybe someone was destructed by the office lady's you know what   Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
November 18, 2013, 12:20:11 AM

Apologies for any confusion regarding the warranty.

To be clear: CoinTerra's warranty on the TerraMiner is 90 days, subject to the terms and conditions presented on the web site during the checkout process.

We are in the process of reviewing and updating all materials on our web site to ensure that they are correct, as well as modifying our internal approval processes for all published materials moving forward.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
November 17, 2013, 11:22:00 PM
Real question is are they going to ship on-time or not...

It's a sad day when the warranty becomes shorter than the shipping delay.

Oh wait, BFL already did that with their 1 year warranty!
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 17, 2013, 09:50:19 PM
Real question is are they going to ship on-time or not...
ASIC Myth Buster
November 17, 2013, 09:31:10 PM
I means, in America, people don't work on weekend or after 5pm...

I'm sure lots of people do work durting those hours but i was being an smart A$$
Activity: 211
November 17, 2013, 09:11:36 PM
http://cointerra.com/consumer-sales-agreement/

"Excusable Delay. CoinTerra shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform due to any cause beyond its control or the control of its suppliers or subcontractors such as, for example, strikes, acts of God(or lack there of), acts of extra terrestrials, acts of Buyer, interruption of transportation or inability to obtain the necessary labor, materials or facilities. Delivery schedules shall be considered extended by a period of time equal to the time lost because of any excusable delay. In the event CoinTerra is unable wholly or partially to perform because of any such cause it may cancel its acceptance of Buyer’s order without liability to Buyer."

Is that "acts of extra terrestrials" standard term used on sales terms / warranty clauses?!
Do I understand it correctly = UFO ?!
Activity: 608
Merit: 500
November 17, 2013, 08:59:15 PM
Coniterra has logged in the last few days but has yet to comment on this. Hmmmmm
Hmmm....
Activity: 169
November 17, 2013, 04:29:39 PM
Coniterra has logged in the last few days but has yet to comment on this. Hmmmmm
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
November 17, 2013, 12:08:43 PM
From 90 days,  warranty was not decrease to 60 days , was increased to 60 days. What so hard to understand ?

Well that clears it up nicely...
Activity: 837
November 17, 2013, 12:00:42 PM
From 90 days,  warranty was not decrease to 60 days , was increased to 60 days. What so hard to understand ?
Activity: 532
November 17, 2013, 11:49:11 AM
It's weekend in America.  Hope they will come back and update us on MONDAY!

Dude it's the weekend globally, only the hours differentiate! Tongue
ASIC Myth Buster
November 17, 2013, 10:19:43 AM
It's weekend in America.  Hope they will come back and update us on MONDAY!
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
November 17, 2013, 04:02:54 AM
It's about warranty so I guess
You're still gonna receive your rig but it will blow up somewhere between 31-90 days.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
November 17, 2013, 01:50:21 AM
"Hey Phil, remember to update the terms and conditions page with all the new info we covered on Tuesday's meeting. Remember to change the blah blah, the blah blah blah, but the warranty stays the same at 90 days."

Phil however, was distracted by the office secretary's large breasts, and updated the wrong info on Cointerra's website.

meanwhile, on bitcointalk:

"IT'S A CONSPIRACY! BFL 2.0! THEY'RE SCREWING US! THEY'RE GOING BANKRUPT! THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE LIZARDMEN, BLAAARGH"

Yes, if they changed the warranty period from 90 to 30 days, that's bad and those of us who bought from them should be pissed.

But let's at least wait until they're confirmed it until we spaz out?

It's a brand new tech startup in a relatively new field of tech development. They are bound to make a shitton of mistakes, the least of which is writing the wrong warranty info on their site.

I have personally encountered a few such errors on their website, where one page says X and another says Y.

Let's all take a deep breath, have a drink, a hit from the bong etc, and chill the fuck out.
Activity: 608
November 16, 2013, 11:29:54 PM
Hum... contract,  

Its a tricky one even the poster here listed as 90 days but the actual contract drawn by someone else at the company issued the 30 days warranty at the time of purchase.

could be a miscommunication within the company!  

I thought they were to ship next month in December.

Its hard to speculate online.  If time allows, I might go visit them in person and see whats going on!  That way, its real face to face and hope to see a demo/prototype unit at their office.  That should be a nice relaxing news for the preordered guys!

Hopefully cointerra guy will respond here and provide explanation of what happened soon!
The contract definitely used to say 90 days as well, so it's not a matter of the representative not being right, they just up and changed the contract without telling anybody.

I'm really surprised that Cointerra still hasn't responded.  What's going on?!
Activity: 237
November 16, 2013, 09:38:44 PM
ASIC Myth Buster
November 16, 2013, 02:51:18 PM
Hum... contract, 

Its a tricky one even the poster here listed as 90 days but the actual contract drawn by someone else at the company issued the 30 days warranty at the time of purchase.

could be a miscommunication within the company! 

I thought they were to ship next month in December.

Its hard to speculate online.  If time allows, I might go visit them in person and see whats going on!  That way, its real face to face and hope to see a demo/prototype unit at their office.  That should be a nice relaxing news for the preordered guys!

Hopefully cointerra guy will respond here and provide explanation of what happened soon!
Activity: 46
November 16, 2013, 02:18:15 PM
I would bet that BFL ships before Cointerra.

Mainly because BFL is dead as a company if they fail at delivering the Monarch roughly on schedule.

BFL timeline for Monarch is April at least 19 weeks if you add up all the things they have to do. They are roughly behind schedule as they said they would ship this year. They said tapeout would be August. They are already 3 months behind... can we now put BFL in the FAILED to deliver the Monarch on time category?

If what you say is true then I would say yes.

Go look here... and add up the weeks... and look at their original posts on when things were SUPPOSED to ship.

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

All well documented in their forums. I don't need to be the source of the whether it is "true" it is posted on their forums.

I believe you. I won't look into it further since I have no plans on investing in BFL gear.
Activity: 924
November 16, 2013, 03:39:07 AM

Mainly because BFL is dead as a company if they fail at delivering the Monarch roughly on schedule.

BFL timeline for Monarch is April at least 19 weeks if you add up all the things they have to do. They are roughly behind schedule as they said they would ship this year. They said tapeout would be August. They are already 3 months behind... can we now put BFL in the FAILED to deliver the Monarch on time category?

Go look here... and add up the weeks... and look at their original posts on when things were SUPPOSED to ship.

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

All well documented in their forums. I don't need to be the source of the whether it is "true" it is posted on their forums.
Activity: 46
November 16, 2013, 03:34:39 AM

Pages:
Jump to: