Pages:
Author

Topic: wtf? i woke up and it says my bitcoin got sent to some one's address - page 3. (Read 3806 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012
Yes, you've been hacked.

This is why many of us have been recommending offline wallets for a couple of years now.

Is it possible you've never heard of offline wallets?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
yea im running windows but how does that even happen.  im 99.9% sure i dont have a key logger.  i work in IT and im not that dumb to get a virus and stuff that easily.  they would need to have my my wallet in order to send themselves bitcoin right?  it is password protected.  im using multi-bit

Maybe you are lucky enough to have a zero day malware which just go into the wild. So your malware signatures doesn't have it yet.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
yea im running windows but how does that even happen.  im 99.9% sure i dont have a key logger.  i work in IT and im not that dumb to get a virus and stuff that easily.  they would need to have my my wallet in order to send themselves bitcoin right?  it is password protected.  im using multi-bit

Don't underestimate hackers, they become more and more crafty everyday.
Keylogger, they could also have used their mining rig to crack the password if it was weak enough.
Activity: 430
its on my computer

Let me guess, you are running Windows.  Undecided

Never use Windows to store your wallets.
This is bullshit. Using windows, never had any wallets stolen. Stupid people will install malicious software no matter which os they use. From what I see most of bitcoin stealing stuff comes with bitcoin related software, a different os will not protect you from that.
legendary
Activity: 4130
Merit: 1307

They would just need the private key(s).  Hopefully you don't have a virus or key logger but the odds are you have some type of malware given that is how most people lose bitcoin.  
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
If it's more than you could stand losing keep it secure and offline. With a cold wallet generated on an offline computer.
I'm going to open a safety deposit box for my Bitcoins and keep the coins distributed across several cold wallets stored in the box.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
legendary
You may have malware on your computer.  Was the wallet locked? What software was it? Was it a brain wallet?  Lots of variables, but you should assume that your machine is compromised.

If you have other bitcoins, it would be smart to move them to a new address using a safe machine in order to protect them.  Are you running Windows?
Activity: 280
its on my computer

Let me guess, you are running Windows.  Undecided

Never use Windows to store your wallets.
its on my computer
legendary
It looks like it. You may have a key logger.  Where was this wallet? If it was a web wallet did you have two factor authentication on?  If on your own machine, you will want to check it.  I didn't retype the outgoing address to look at it.
did i get hacked?  how would they of hacked into my wallet?

Pages:
Jump to: