Pages:
Author

Topic: WTH BTC Jumped 20.06%. Is this a fricking Trend? - page 2. (Read 2019 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I like that Diff level is rocketing. I pay average 0.05€/kwh and all mine miners is used for space heating without option to use heatpumps so I can do profit even Diff level is 1000... Btw. Actually there is no even limit for that. It will be it in 2017. What comes to Bitcoin price, this around 300-400€/btc is good level I hope it going to be this level for years that price changes going to more stable.

Estimated next level is over 170 Smiley

Difficulty Rise Acceleration. How long? 5-20% jump for every check point until sun will fade away.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
This just comfirmes that the price needs to rise, otherwise miners would lose money -> stop mining. So my prediction is the difficulty pumping up just likes this, because of faster miners, so BTC has to take them in to account (they mine fast -> the difficulty rises faster).

This time last year whole pools announced they were shutting down because they couldn't make a profit from mining at the low prices Bitcoin had fallen to. The price dictates which miners continue mining, the miners don't dictate the price people are prepared to pay for a Bitcoin. The difficulty won't make the price rise.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Those costs per power unfortunately means it is next to impossible for any home miner to ever make a profit any more. Atleast I pay more than 0.2 per kw/h, which means that it is about break even before write-off of the equipment.

If you dont find the heat generated usefull, then yes its impossible for home miner to make a profit. About the break-even before write-off of the equipment, it is all based on future difficulty which is hard to predict, there were long periods with constant difficulty, so dont expect such difficulty increases forever.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
This just comfirmes that the price needs to rise, otherwise miners would lose money -> stop mining. So my prediction is the difficulty pumping up just likes this, because of faster miners, so BTC has to take them in to account (they mine fast -> the difficulty rises faster).
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
You scared me Smiley I though BTC price jumped 20% Oh well... Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
it was expected, because...

1 antminer s7 can do 0.0164 btc daily equal to 0.5 monthly = $189

consumption of many big farm at 0.03-0.05 cent per kw/h is $45 per month, so you see still plenty of margin

the diff will increase even further at least until 200B, +50% more

Those costs per power unfortunately means it is next to impossible for any home miner to ever make a profit any more. Atleast I pay more than 0.2 per kw/h, which means that it is about break even before write-off of the equipment.

Guess i'll stick to buying directly instead of mining.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
it was expected, because...

1 antminer s7 can do 0.0164 btc daily equal to 0.5 monthly = $189

consumption of many big farm at 0.03-0.05 cent per kw/h is $45 per month, so you see still plenty of margin

the diff will increase even further at least until 200B, +50% more
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

Well kinda looked at the difficulty jump for BTC it was a horror! I mean 20.06%!!!

So is this gonna be a trend for 1 more difficulty timeline...2 more.......4 more ..hell who knows 'secret data halls' and 'known data halls' it is like
an Illuminati conspiracy around here with all the btc/crypto soap opera action Sad

Anyway looks like worst of all worlds lately .....and perhaps for a bit .....btc devs conflict/press FUD/difficulty huge rise(s)?/price kinda sucks/etc etc

So anyway this thread is to vent...how long is this gonna pop at this rate in folk's view?

NOT the way I pictured it at this point heading towards HALVING (my poor newbie 2013 self would have been so disappointed) Sad

So feel free to comment on trends/info/data halls/etc that effect the above either briefly or long term so we can all 'brace ourselves'

BTC always the fun carnival ride..till you get off for a brief spell and then 'puke' Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: