Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] 2 Chinook or Centennial or Cascade Hop Rhizomes for .2 BTC - page 2. (Read 1556 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
I now have Chinook, Centennial and Cascade Hop Rhizomes.  2 of your choice for .2 BTC shipped.

These are one of the hardiest and easy to grow hops.  First years you should see 1/2 lb each plant.  After that they go nuts.

Chinook is a bittering variety with aroma characteristics released in May, 1985. It was bred by crossing a Petham Golding with a US male.  Matures mid to late season with good storage stability, reasonable tolerance to infection and mildew and highly tolerant to insects.

A high alpha acid hop with a wonderful herbal, almost smoky character when used as an aromatic during the last few minutes of the boil. Excellent for hopping American-style Pale Ales, especially those brewed to higher gravities. (alpha acid: 12.0-14.0% / beta acid: 3.0-4.0%)

I am selling two 4" Rhizome for 1 BTC or five 4" Rhizomes for 2 BTC.  This includes how to grow them and shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states.  I'm not sure if these can be shipped outside the US due to they are live plants.  Some places have a problem with that.

I have Cascade and Centennial also but I wont sell them until spring.  I'm curious to see how this will go.  I have at least 100ft of Rhizomes so if you have a problem with them sprouting in the spring I'll send you more but please don't take advantage of that.

I brew beer year round and grew over 25lbs of hops this summer.  I had 12 giant 22ft tall hop vines going this year, so if you have questions I'd be happy to help out.

I really only enjoy a heavily hopped IPA's and so that is why I chose these 3 hops.  I use Centennial and a little Chinook for bittering, midway though I use only Centennial hops, then the last 2 mins I add Cascade and Chinook for Aroma and finally dry hop with Cascade.  I have a great IPA recipe that I have worked on for the past 3yrs if anyone is interested.

Well Happy Brews.

PS

Pages:
Jump to: