Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] GridSeed PCI-E Modded Power Cables by Lutro0 Customs [Lifetime Warrantied] - page 3. (Read 9707 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Looking forward to getting my order.

Thanks for your order bobsag3!

Also I wanted to personally thank everyone who has ordered cables so far. You all have made this a fun side project for us and its always great to meet new people!

Please feel free to ask any questions and I will get on them asap.

You may email me @ [email protected] now that I am back in the shop!

We just sent out a grip of trunks and branches!
Any updates on this?  I've tried e-mail and PM to get my order revised and no reply.

Yes, I am going through all of them right now. I will get you an answer right away!

Just got back from out of town, Thanks for your patience!
Activity: 297
Merit: 100
Any updates on this?  I've tried e-mail and PM to get my order revised and no reply.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Looking forward to getting my order.
Activity: 48
Merit: 10
Is there a reason why to each "branch" is say's you need the "trunk" ? Can I not plug in the "branch 10" into the PCI-e on my PSU to power 10 units from each pci-e output I have?

I'm not sure of the exact pinout of the branches and I don't have them with me right now.  I will talk to Lutro0 ASAP to find out.  The original point was to be able to hook up 45 gridseeds to one PCI-E cable with a trunk.  I see your point, for sure.

Lutro I emailed you guys about making a change to my order please get back to me if possible

Lutro0 (Mike) is travelling right now but they are very good about making changes and modifying orders.  If you don't get a response tomorrow please PM me and I will look in to it!

I have some more pictures of my actual setup...

Not as pretty as I hoped to make it, but I didn't want to spend more time on it.  Plus I have a lot of space to work with so I didn't need to do anything crazy.

Side View

Side view 2

Lighter side view

I must say they are prettier than DIY cables and kept me really organized and neat.  No lose ends, all shrink wrapped and pretty.  The ends may be a little ugly because they are terminals because that's the fastest thing we could find to get all the preorders out today.  At some point I do want to power up my units Smiley

Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Lutro I emailed you guys about making a change to my order please get back to me if possible
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
Is there a reason why to each "branch" is say's you need the "trunk" ? Can I not plug in the "branch 10" into the PCI-e on my PSU to power 10 units from each pci-e output I have?
Rammy,

Feel free to email [email protected]

I am out of town until Tues, but all orders are going out as planned.

Thanks everyone for the awesome response for these cables.

Also we do ship worldwide.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
no reply for days ... moving on ...
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hi, Love your work - would you ship to Germany?

Interested in a bulk order - split into different options for the 5,10 sets plus applicable trunks etc.

Thanks
Paul
Activity: 742
Activity: 672
I like the daisy chain idea, but man those plugs are horrendous! haha, but i guess form over fashion

Danny
Got my first set of cables today and wanted to take some pictures ASAP.  The GridSeeds were powered up before using old shitty cables.  I've taken some pictures to just show off the sleek look that Lutro0 Customs have put on these bad boys.

The Trunk

Branch 10

10 GridSeeds setup with a trunk and a branch 10.  Another Branch 10 next to it waiting for another 10 Gridseeds

My old, shitty, DIY cables..

Full album here:  http://imgur.com/a/MjzDQ
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
To everyone who has ordered.

All of the trunks and cables are prepped, All orders will start shipping Mon - Wed.

We will keep you all individually up to date on when your orders will go out. All orders go out Priority Mail so once shipped you will have them soon.

Thanks for your patience.
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
Ordered 2 x 10 packs. #3292. Thanks!!!

edit: Crap... Didn't see the coupon code. Oh well.
ETA on shipment??

Shipments starting Monday pending qty 5000 2.1mm jacks coming in.  This weekend is a blitz.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
They are 6pin Males to 3x 6pin Females,

The branches will have Male connectors to connect to the Females on the trunks, we set them up like this so nothing gets plugged in the wrong way.

I am using 16awg cable that can handle anything a PSU can put out.

Just some more information, the PCI-E provided cables that come with PSUs are typically 16AWG.  They can "handle" around 600w, especially if your PSU is a single rail you can probably daisy chain $wattage / (7 * n-gridseeds).

A Silverstone ST1500 for example, could potentially power up 200 grid seeds .. if daisy chained correctly (although I think the amperage on the PCI-E is limited at some point).

We've thought through this, and the way we're doing it seems to be the most logical and the safest method.

I just wanted to let you know that not all high end PSUs run 16AWG PCIe cables, so just be careful.
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
I am in need of cables, Can you ship to UK?

Activity: 826
Pages:
Jump to: