Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] RX580 1080Ti - Brand new - page 2. (Read 1880 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
February 27, 2018, 06:15:49 PM
I don't know the details of anyone's orders. I know with mine he did have a few offers/compromises that had the potential to void my PayPal protection at least in part.  

If you look back in his posts which is something I did he had one where he mentions to someone the scenario of running away with PayPal released funds before a claim is filed; but states he wouldn't do that.

The reason he did not make off with any money on my deal was the amount of money involved was held and not released by PayPal. I also did not mess around with his lack of communication, 3 days with nothing and bam filed a dispute.

Good luck to everyone I hope it was all done through PayPal or trusted escrow. He may have gotten some money if they did not hold all amounts on his account, but atleast the buyer would be protected.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
February 27, 2018, 05:49:32 PM
I would tag him in a day or 2 but I need people to prove they have been ripped off.

Roger that Phil, I've begun a Scam Accusation thread against OP to either get the proof or resolve the issue.

Anyone that has placed an order, sent OP money, received tracking numbers or exchanging PMs with OP please contribute to the thread. We can get this user tagged, if we can prove that they are playing games and ripping you guys off through lies and deceit. I've laid the ground-work, I just need PM/Chat-Log contributions, maybe proof of payment if you're willing to provide that and the tracking number (again, if you're willing to provide that). Anything is helpful towards resolving this issue.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kii552007alt-computer-hardware-scammer-3034340

Go to this thread, share your story and evidence. I will take back everything I've said, lock the thread and do whatever else I can possible do if this turns out by some miracle to be legitimate. I appreciate Phil taking the conservative path and not immediately tagging this user, but at this point I am convinced they are a scammer.

I do love to see such vigilence here.. bummer. I wanted to buy.

I was in the same boat, but it's pretty common that a scammer's price will make you want to buy
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
February 27, 2018, 05:24:33 PM
I do love to see such vigilence here.. bummer. I wanted to buy.
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
February 27, 2018, 05:23:42 PM
I’m still waiting as well. I have an EMS tracking but whether it didn’t ship or it’s just EMS not tracking properly I don’t know yet. All I can do is wait a bit and see what happens. I already have paypal claim in and will cancel it if I receive cards.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
February 27, 2018, 05:19:44 PM
OP has taken multiple orders from multiple users, nobody has seen their order shipped. I've left feedback on their profile and hopefully we can get a DT member to do the same. OP's last post was over 5-days ago, yet they were active on the forum yesterday. It is clear, in my opinion, they are avoiding this thread and trying to lead users on for a bit longer through PM. Multiple people have gotten the same run around story, about tracking numbers and what not, yet the seller is absurdly late on delivering what they are promising without explanation.

If anybody has yet to file a dispute I would highly encourage you to do so at this point.

I would tag him in a day or 2 but I need people to prove they have been ripped off.
legendary
February 27, 2018, 05:11:08 PM
OP has taken multiple orders from multiple users, nobody has seen their order shipped. I've left feedback on their profile and hopefully we can get a DT member to do the same. OP's last post was over 5-days ago, yet they were active on the forum yesterday. It is clear, in my opinion, they are avoiding this thread and trying to lead users on for a bit longer through PM. Multiple people have gotten the same run around story, about tracking numbers and what not, yet the seller is absurdly late on delivering what they are promising without explanation.

If anybody has yet to file a dispute I would highly encourage you to do so at this point.
Activity: 933
Merit: 175
February 27, 2018, 03:27:16 PM
Feedback left on scammers account. Will remove if this turned to be legit, which I doubt very much.
Also claim opened on PayPal:

Status

This item not received dispute has been escalated to a claim.

We requested additional information from the seller about this transaction.

What happens next

The seller has been asked to respond by 8 Mar 2018. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
February 27, 2018, 08:57:15 AM
Ok so still no movement, little to no response from the seller by PM, and no replies in this thread from him. I was really hoping this was legit but the red flags are becoming too hard to ignore, so guess I will have to file a PayPal dispute today if I don’t see movement on the tracking number. Sigh. Sad
February 26, 2018, 05:39:56 PM
you are all so inpatient ... he was writing that he get your money and then he place order with his supplier and it takes couple days for him to get cards. Dont stress so much, I will watch this drama and let's see Cheesy if I was ordering I would order 1GPU to see all OK later more. So he need time to withdraw send money to supplier wait for order and then he ships.... he don't have a stock sitting in home.

It's not being impatient. It's not being naive and stupid. If you have different approach to business with complete strangers on anonymous international forum, than that's your problem.
Activity: 201
Merit: 1
February 26, 2018, 05:27:48 PM
you are all so inpatient ... he was writing that he get your money and then he place order with his supplier and it takes couple days for him to get cards. Dont stress so much, I will watch this drama and let's see Cheesy if I was ordering I would order 1GPU to see all OK later more. So he need time to withdraw send money to supplier wait for order and then he ships.... he don't have a stock sitting in home.
You wan chili saus?
February 26, 2018, 02:29:42 PM
What’s the risk of not doing so immediately? I’m not too familiar with PayPal scams, was under the impression you had 180 days buyer protection?  Huh

There is no risk in waiting a few days to file a claim.
You will only have an issue if you already made a mistake (paying in 2 payments for 1 item, send it via friends and family)
When I filled mine I was using it as a tool to force action on the sellers part. He responded within hours of the claim; then took offence ( even though the dispute/claim can be cancelled if he just fulfilled his end of the deal)

So all you are down to is losing time.

That’s why I said file immediately.... force the hand of the person you are doing business with, especially if they have been unresponsive!  Just my $0.02

He just responded to me by PM saying he was picking up a delivery in a different city and would update the shipping information as soon as he got back. He also linked me some images of the GPUs in hand, but no forum username/date in the pictures, so they could be from anywhere.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1242
February 26, 2018, 02:19:52 PM
What’s the risk of not doing so immediately? I’m not too familiar with PayPal scams, was under the impression you had 180 days buyer protection?  Huh

You will only have an issue if you already made a mistake (paying in 2 payments for 1 item, send it via friends and family)
When I filled mine I was using it as a tool to force action on the sellers part. He responded within hours of the claim; then took offence ( even though the dispute/claim can be cancelled if he just fulfilled his end of the deal)

That’s why I said file immediately.... force the hand of the person you are doing business with, especially if they have been unresponsive!  Just my $0.02
Activity: 58
Merit: 3
February 26, 2018, 01:47:33 PM
Interesting, on the day I decided to order the motherboard, he refunded me.. However it takes 7 days for the refund to come through once you WITHDRAW into your bank account.

He had told me that he has not withdrawn the money, if he didn't withdraw the money why did paypal now say it's going to take 7 + days for a refund?

Fishy. Glad he refunded me anyways.
legendary
February 26, 2018, 12:47:21 PM

As Steamtyme said, mostly time is what you will lose, but time is money and money/investments compound as time passes. Time is too costly to waste; as far as PayPal is concerned though, they are on the buyer's side, especially if multiple disputes arise simultaneously. There is no rush to file a dispute, and in fact PayPal would probably see a few extra days as generous on your behalf; this shows you were willing to give the "merchant" extra time to resolve any issues that may have arisen on their side.

If I had to guess, OP probably just wanted funds in their PayPal to attempt to withdraw ASAP so that it popped into their bank account. This way once thee disputes are settled, their PayPal will be negative, the buyer gets their funds back and OP has funds in their bank account. The outcome is that OP (assuming this is the case) will have more funds and the buyer will have less time. They even could've tried using their PayPal as a self-escrow to get the funds into another PayPal account, freezing/negative on the "escrow" account.
February 26, 2018, 10:23:58 AM
OP, can you provide picture of hardware or paid receipts for hardware, or EMS receipts? I need something to see that you shipped my hardware, otherwise I will fill PayPal claim to get my money back and I will leave negative feedback on your profile if that is going to be resolved as scam.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 10:11:14 AM
Also, paypal is not an escrow. The longer you wait, the more time scammer has to run with the money. Paypal will refund you out of pocket, but the lost money helps the scammer make a living scamming more people.
legendary
February 26, 2018, 09:26:14 AM
What’s the risk of not doing so immediately? I’m not too familiar with PayPal scams, was under the impression you had 180 days buyer protection?  Huh

You wan chili saus?
February 26, 2018, 09:04:44 AM
What’s the risk of not doing so immediately? I’m not too familiar with PayPal scams, was under the impression you had 180 days buyer protection?  Huh
You wan chili saus?
February 26, 2018, 08:57:39 AM
Still no movement on the tracking number, it’s still in “label created” status. No replies to PMs or posts in this thread from the seller either. Starting to get a little nervous. What’s the risk of holding off on filing a PayPal dispute a couple more days?  Undecided
legendary
February 25, 2018, 11:54:22 PM
I'd like to officially withdraw my interest in even knowing what price you'd say for motherboards. It seems to only make sense if I wait to even discuss anything, because at this point it seems as though there are many people that have placed orders. All I can do is wait to see how they turn out; a few people are claiming to have tracking numbers, but they have not shipped yet and were told they would ship Friday. I would say if there is no movement on the tracking number by Monday, and you have not heard from the seller a good reason why, then I personally would begin the dispute process; better sooner than later.

I hope I hear good outcomes, please everyone that has posted their orders publicly keep us updated or I am to assume that your orders are going well.

Story sounds pretty familiar. Glad I posted my experience; I hope it helped people stay on the right side of buyer protection.
With any luck everyone lost the same thing I did... time.
Pages:
Jump to: